Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 11315156575859606162636465667191 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member

We got a little rain here this afternoon again so i guess I will have to mow the yard the first of the week.
    I had to go back to the regular dose of my neurontin. I had cut it back trying to be a bit productive in life the last few weeks, I have such bad brain fog from taking it. I started having more numbness in my leg and then noticed I was not stepping on my foot right so back on it.
    I'm just sorta here this weekend, trying to keep the hopeless feelings at bay.

Hope Sunday cools things off for you Mark.

Karen, good to hear you got some rain. We are supposed to get more rain late tonight and tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed. It is a bad thing that we have to make a choice between not being tortured or to be fuzzy about what is going on. We can only take so much pain before we have to deal with it even when we have to give up our minds. I hope you can keep the feelings at least an arm away and I hope you have someone there that you can talk to whether it is at church or some community counselor.

The weather has changed so today will be hot again but late tonight the cooler air is moving in with some storms and rain. I went to the kids house and brought some lunch with me. I stopped by and got Darrin to help me and little Emery wanted to go with us but also wanted to be with mom. She was so sad trying to figure out what to do. She stayed when her mom told her dad and grandpa will be right back in a couple of minutes and bring us some food. After eating she wanted to play tag so I chased her around the house until Penny called and we told her to come on over. Emery and I went out on the porch and waited for her. When we got inside Emery, like usual, told Penny were to sit. I staid for another 30 minutes but had to go home to take a dose of meds. Penny came back in another 20 minutes and wanted to go and look at trees at a place that had plant at 75% but when we got there no trees were to be had so back home we went. Today is Darrin's birthday and we are having them over for DQ cake and cards. It might be a sleep day for me but I hope I can wake up for a while when they are here.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Hate to admit it but I got nobody here. I never really found a church when we moved here. I have looked into a clinical psychogist or social worker since medicare will help pay for those. The actual therapist I have paid out of pocket for over the years have not been real helpful I can find a two year old to ask me why to everything I say. ''I'm mad''...why..."i'm in pain''....why...my parents did not get my spine fixed like everyone in developed countires do.....why...I dunno why don't we call and ask them?
    That is actually about how my last one went. Oh and the one before that told me that if I just had enough faith God would heal my spine...i paid that woman 100 to insult my faith.

It is thundering but not much rain so far today. I'm just laying around trying to cook this muscle spasm out of my back without buring myself.
    Daydreaming of turning the garage into a physical theraphy room and art stuido & the storage room off it into a bath with a big tub. Grasping at straws trying to think of something to make life better. I guess I'm just going to go back to the doctor next week and ask for stronger meds and just be zombie.

I hope your able to be awake and enjoy the birthday cake with the family.
    Hope everyone else is having a good Sunday.

Hi Karen, I did wake up for the birthday cake and to talk for a bit but I had to excuse myself and go down to my chair and take my meds so I went back to sleep after that. Yes it takes a special counselor that works with CPers to do us any good. Most don't understand chronic pain and therefore can't ask the questions they really need to ask. I really can't stand the ones that say if we just believe enough we would be healed, I wonder if they tell cancer patients the same thing. If the day dreaming helps keep it up as I like the ideas you get about what to do with the garage.

It was a sleep day as I didn't get to sleep until early in the morning. I did get up for a couple hours to celebrate our SIL birthday but then fell back to sleep.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

The one that told me about the faith thing actually had cancer herself and I think it was part of the issue. She needed to believe that her faith was going to heal her & me asking if everyone with a disability was of little faith did not go over well.

I took a muscle relaxer this morning when the sititer got here so now I have the hangover to pay for. Our temps are lower but it is so humid & thunderstorms every afternoon. In other words we are actually haveing our normal mississippi weather where it is best described as sticky. lol
    I did not even try to tackle the yard today , i figured it won't grow to much more in one day. As much as I hate dealing with it I do like to keep it cut down for the sake of my dogs, I don't want to make it any more inviting for snakes.

Have a good afternoon.

Community Member

Hi All ~ Haven't posted in awhile. I'm sitting in drought ridden Michigan, and flaking off as I type. LOL We're going on about 13 weeks of no rain! It's getting ridiculous! My lawn is so brown that it almost looks like dirt from a long way off. LOL If we don't get rain soon, it WILL be dirt. The weeds aren't even growing, and that's bad!

Our air conditioning went flooey during the 100 degree heat, due to an electrical problem and came close to burning our house down! The electriian finally got here today, and wouldn't you know it was an extremely NICE day today with low humidity (unusual here). But a good share of the house didn't have any power, so we had LONG extension cords running thru the back ot the house to the front of the house for power! What a mess. And the poor electrician had to get into the crawl space to run a special outlet for the air conditioner, and he was on his back most of the tiime down there. ICK.

I'm on a new med (for me). It's Lyrica and I took some at 9:30am, and at 2:30 it hit me like a ton of bricks! I know it's extended release but my gosh -- I was staggering around like an old drunk! It didn't affect my head -- I wasn't high by any means but I walked funny. Has anyone had that happen? It was really weird.

Karen -- I had the same "brain fog" and also I had water retention & weight gain from Neurontin. It really bothered me. My doc switched me to Topamax and I'm still on it after about 10 years, and I have NO brain fog, NO water retention and I LOST weight! LOL Besides that it took ALL of the nerve pain away and I mean ALL of it. It works GREAT. No more zaps, no more burning/stinging, etc. It's really amazing. And I only have to take 400mg per day (200mg A.M.and 200mg. P.M. ) Just a thought - maybe you could talk to your doc about it.

Mark - I hope you're doing well today, and have gotten enough rest. How are your pain levels? Don't go working outside too much!

I'm hanging in there. I'm not going to walk around much - I'm staggering too much! LOL Think I'll just sit and watch the world go by. LOL

Hope everyone is doing well. Please take care & God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Lee, thank goodness the electrical problem didn't burn down the house. I am sure the electrician enjoyed working at your house a lot more than he did working at other houses last week. It is very good news the Lyrica is working for you. Yes I have my time released meds hit me like that from time to time. I can't figure out why it happens at some times and not at other times. Your drought sounds like our drought except one night last week we got a very good rain. The crop s down here are ruined but they may save the soybeans if we get more rain. It is good to see you posting in the room again as we miss you.

Karen sorry to hear about your hangover but some times our meds will do that to us. If it is like around here your yard won't be growing much right now. I hope you are past the hangover and feeling better now.

Not much happening here although I did get out for a bit today. I filled up the SUV and went to the barbershop and found it closed as he had a dr appointment so I went back home. I did a little weeding today in or flower bed around the light pole. I did fix lunch for Penny and I as we had BLTs. This evening I fixed burgers along with a tomato cucumber mixer covered with a small amount of zesty Italian salad dressing.

Mark I hope the fact that you have not posted in a few days just means you are busy & not having worse pain.

We are getting showers everyday now which is more typical for summer here so the grass and weeds are taking over. I managed to go around the swing to close the other day and hit it, which did something to the level the blades are at. Proof you should not mix lack of sleep and driving I guess.

I am off to see the doctor today, keeping my fingers crossed she just does not refer me off to someone else.
    Hope your all having a good day.
    Karen

Karen, I have been sleeping the past two days until late yesterday. It is good to hear some areas are getting rain on a regular basis. We had thunder tonight and a chance of rain but no rain in our area. As you can imagine things are not growing much here. You better watch that out trying to drive on little sleep even if it is just while mowing:).

I got out and went to the store for a short trip today. The only other thing I did was a small bit of weeding and some watering of the area I am trying to get grass seed to grow. I may have to reseed this fall but I won't give up yet on the effort yet. I am sleepy right now so I hope to get to sleep early tonight and have a good day tomorrow.

How is everyones weekend going?
    Mine is off to a painful start & I have no idea why. I guess I moved MIL wrong or something but both my shoulders are killing me,,I smell like some lovely bengay this morning.
    No major plans for this weekend just one of those day by day ones I guess.
    Hope everyone is doing good. K aren

Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 11315156575859606162636465667191 ... LastLast