Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5254550515253545556575859606585 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member

Karen, it is good to see your computer is up and running again. Sorry to hear Mr Q is back on the wound vac. I reason I have put in the planting beds [one reason any way] was to cut down on the mowing and trimming I do. Of course you have to feel good enough and have the time to landscape the yard but now I can mow in 5 minutes instead of the 15 it use to take. Deadheading is cutting of the heads of the roses after they wither so the bush will produce more flowers.

We had the family over for Mothers Day and it was nice. I had to spend most of it downstairs in my chair even though Emery and the other were upstairs. Yesterday was a day of sleep so not much was going on for me.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Community Member

Hi All ! Thought I'd drop in and say Hi. Haven't been here in forever. Tried to catch up a little -- not too many posting here anymore.

Things aren't too much different here. Still have the same old spine issues. Had an MRI a bit ago, but don't have the results yet. I was supposed to go to the doc a couple of weeks ago, but my granddaughter ran away!!! So that took precedence over the doc's appointment! We found her, thank God, but we spent 2 horrible days looking for her, along with the cops & sheriffs' dept. She was trying to get her Mom's attention -- good grief, as if she didn't have it in the first place??? Kids -- you can't kill them! LOL

The weather has been gorgeous here -- low humidity, which is weird for Michigan, and plenty of sunshine. In fact, I'm getting SICK of sunshine and I'm in the mood for a couple of days of RAIN!!! People think I'm strange when I get like that but I can't help it. I could never survive in southern California, or somewhere like that -- it never rains! LOL

Hope all who have been sick are on the mend. Mark, don't work too hard in the yard -- you know what it does to ya. LOL Take care all & talk soon. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Lee, good to see you stopping in. Sorry to hear your granddaughter causing you some much stress but glad to hear she was safe. Hopefully she will settle down with her mom back home with the two of you. The weather here has been very nice too. It makes it easy to get out in the yard and do a little bit of work as long as I take it easy. Things here at home have really improved and has settled down quite a bit. It is like living with a new woman but I guess that isn't all rare for women going through menopause. I do know I am happy with the one I have now.

I got out today and did a few things, I spread some mulch and the flower beds look much nicer. I also went to the dr for my weekly shot, got a haircut, went to CVS for Penny, and went to the store. I got back and made tacos for supper and then Penny and I went for a walk. I have finally got her to take off and walk faster when I have to turn back to home so she gets much better exercise on the walk. While waiting on her I got the lawn mowed so it was a good day for me.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Guido, pour up and ice cold coke as we got good news today. Megan had an ultrasound today and the family wanted to meet us for dinner to let us know what sex the baby would be. Megan had me guess and I guessed a girl and I was right. Emery will have a little sister at the end of Sep. As Megan commented irt will save them money as they can use hand me downs for the baby as she grows up. The kids were excited and it was nice to have dinner with them. Guido fix everyone that shows up a drink on me so they can raise a toast for the new girl.

Community Member

Hi All ~ Another nice couple of days here. I'm getting tired of sunshine. Yeah, you read that right. I need some GLOOM. A nice rainy day will suit me just fine.

Mark ---Goody, another girl!! I'm glad so Emery will have a playmate. And you're right, it will save Megan some money!! Clothes are expensive!! Hopefully Emery didn't ruin all hers like MY kids did. Even tho they wore a bib all the time they never failed to get food stains ALL OVER their outfits. Was never able to get all the stuff out. Grrr.

Well Mariah skipped school yesterday -- the school called & was worried about her since she ran away 3 weeks ago. We found her, and boy was her Mom MAD. LOL I tell ya, 16yr olds are a real challenge! Things are a whole lot more complicated than when I was in school.

Not much new -- just trying to stay upright which isn't easy these days. Have to lay down a good share of the time. This darn Opana isn't worth a DARN! Doc is gonna have to do something next week or else!

Hope everyone is doing well and checks in. It's awfully quiet here. Take care. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Hi Lee, sorry to hear the Opana isn't working and I sure hope your dr increases your dose to get your pain level under control. I had my fingers crossed the whole time our two kids were teenagers as I saw too many go the wrong way as a teacher. Our kids didn't do one things to make us worry yet I lived with the fear we could get a call from the police so I understand the concern and frustration you and her mother are going through. I hope you get some rainy weather soon:).

Today was a hot one. We went over to watch Emery while her mom and dad went out and bought some plants. Penny and I got Emery's pool filled up and then we got in and had a blast. That little stinker thought splashing grandpa was a hoot and she got me soaking wet; the cool water felt nice though. It was a fun afternoon and we are on our way back over to help get some of the bushes and trees in. I hope everyone else had as good a day today.

So happy to hear about the baby Mark. Emery will love having a sister. That will be her best friend the rest of her life,,,well at least once they get past high school. lol

I know what you mean about the rain Lee. There are times you just need some nice rainy days. We had such a mild winter down here and now we are already having the days in the 90's so I am sort of dreading what July /Aug will be.

Nothing new here. My days are taking care of MIL,,,well and nights too. The person that comes in 3x a week to do ''respite'' is going to have to be changed this week. I have tried all I know to do it is not a hard job but she is just taking advantage of our being easy going, I guess I will have to be more hard with the next one. I'm just hoping this does not cause any drama this week...my life does not need drama.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Good Morning! Well woke up to to another day & can get around on my own so that is good one right? My back is driving my crazy. Something in the sacreal area is making a grinding sound ( like your knee will do ) ....sounds crazy if you never had it happend I know. Anyway...no big plans for the day around here. Watched a church service on tv....I realy miss having a church home but the last time I went I ended up crying thanks to my spine. It was so bad I have not been able to force myself back.But it is what it is. Hope today goes well for everyone....lets try and get this place going again. Come in and tell us what your doing even if it is as dull as my day!

Karen, sorry to hear about your spine acting up so much you can't get up and do things. I too can't go to church because of my spine but I go now and then when I can but it has been a long time now with the increase pain and spasms. Sorry the aide that comes in isn't a good worker. I hope the new one is much better because I know what you mean about not needing any drama. I sure hope Emery and her coming sister become best friends as it would be really nice with two sisters 2.5 years apart feel like best friends. Emery is fun and smart so she is a good start for being a good friend. Megan and Darrin got all the plants and the stone wall put in the front yard and it really has improved the look of the house. The trees aren't very big but it will be nice for Emery and the coming baby to see how they grow as they get older. They can look back when they get ready to graduate and look at the trees and remember how small they were at one time.
    I hope you got the rain that we had sweeping through here as it even got up to Lee's area. We really needed the rain as we haven't had any for a while. The Spring was pretty good for rain but lately we haven't had much. I hope the rain really gets my tomato plant taking off. This will be my last try as they just haven't done very well since we have moved down here.

I slept Sunday away after two days and nights awake. I had a hard time starting this day but I got up and got some things done like going to the dr and getting my weekly injection. Tyrel wanted me to make a big pot of chili so I did that this afternoon and it really turned out good as all three of us really liked it. I got some pork chops thawed so I have to figure what to make with it. If nothing else I will fry them and make gravy and mashed potatoes or I could bake them with mushroom soup and rice; I will just have to wait until supper time to decide. Not much else going on here, tomorrow will be an easy day and I will do some small chores and read my book. If the weather is good Penny and I will take a walk.

We got like three drops of rain so I went and let the hose run on the flowerbed this afternoon. We don't have a chance of rain till like next monday and even then it is just a small chance. The grass in crunchy lol .

The new person has not started & the old one is still coming which is really not stressful at all.
    I hope you and Penny get to talk a nice walk this afternoon. I'm thinking I may try to ice my back tonight while I watch tv since the heat doesn't seem to be helping all that much.
    Are you reading anything good? I'm reading 90 min in Heaven ( which I will admit I'm having trouble wanting to read) , The entire works of C.S Lewis and the Spark diet book...lol Odd combo I know, but I have lots of empty time and there is nothing worth watching on tv at 4am for sure.

Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5254550515253545556575859606585 ... LastLast