Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 14343940414243444546474849547494 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member

I'm glad you had a good visit with your daughters. The idea to get together every month or so sounds like a good one.
    Heck I thought bacon was suppose to be burned, that is how mine always turns out anyway.

I never did get any sleep today. Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight. My Dad has surgery tomorrow so I have the waiting room chairs to look forward to so I have to do something to rest tonight.

Hope you all had a good Monday.

Community Member

Mark - Believe it or not but I didn't lose sleep wondering what the doctor would say. I was expecting the worst given prior history but it was the opposite. It was good news.

MrsQ - Oh, waiting room chairs and our backs - not good at all. I hope it's not that bad for you. Hopefully, botox does the trick on those contractures for your mother-in-law.

I'm really tired despite sleeping a lot over the weekend and last night so I'm signing off.

Community Member

Hi All ~ Been up since 4am, so I'm a little loopy right now. If I don't make any sense, don't pay any attention to me. LOL

We're in for an ice storm tonight & tomorrow. Whoopee. Just what I've always wanted. I HATE ice, especially since I have a doctors appoointment in another town tomorrow morning. YIKES. I've got to go since I'll be out of meds after tomorrow. I'm dreading the doc visit too cause I have to have a very serious conversation with him -- I have to ask him why he doesn't LIKE me. ACK. He really doesn't -- and it makes each months visit very difficult. Don't know what I've done. I can't switch doctors cause there are NO other doctors in my area who prescribe opiate medications -- I've called ALL of them before I found this one. Not ONE of them will prescribe. Sheesh. I called out of town too. I've never run out of meds early so I don't know why he dislikes me so. Oh well.

Mrs Q -- How is your Dad doing after surgery? I hope he's ok. I'm sure all the waiting didn't do your back any good, plus the anxiety of waiting to hear how your dad was! Let us know how he is.

Mark ~ Did you make it to your Mom's? Hope the trip didn't take to much out of you. Hope your Mom is ok.

Hope everyone is doing ok. I've gotta try to SOMETHING accomplished today. LOL Take care all. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Lee, I made it to my mom's today as I slept Monday away and didn't make it out of town. We went out for a steak dinner and had a good time. Glad to hear the doctor report was better than expected. I hope the ice storm misses you or is just a thin coating of ice; I would take a snow storm any day over ice.

Kat, glad to hear you had a good time at your daughter's at least until you had one of your strokes. I hope you are able to get together with them monthly or bi-monthly. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Mrs Q, sorry to hear about your MIL's problem. I hope the botox works to give her some relief. You need to get some sleep as you have enough going on without adding sleeplessness to the list.

Although I slept Monday away instead of driving to my mom's I got here today. Tyrel texted and said he has officially enlisted now he just waits until his job opens up, no idea when it will be. Penny was a bit weepy when I called her as she was looking at internet video of the training - just like a mom what can I say. I am tired and I hope to get to sleep soon. I want to visit a hamburger joint that has been around since the '20s and they have burgers I love. Good Night all!
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

Wishing all well. Good trip, Mark. Hurrah for your good once over Lee!!! Slept yesterday. Going to doc Tues, see if he's got a pill for hallucinations.....did google, find one with least side effects but will discuss plans w/him. I can't take it anymore be they real or in my head. Hard to believe he could be that vicious. Albeit I've not seen her; may sound stupid to you all but have stayed up all night, kinda hard to sleep anyhoo when you hear/think you hear people talking etc in next room. Usually my door is partially open so when he goes from his to bathroom he has all lights on. Now I leave it wider, have camera with me, at the ready. Never see anyone or I've dozed as I've not seen Tom either. Do sound like a nut job, huh?<G> Do know stress etc doesn't help in pain department, but rather have the pain and get my brain cleared up. Going on for over a month, keeps getting worse.......some drugs for this can kill you, at this juncture, not sure I care; I'll be in good hands with.......no, not AllState you bunch of goofs<G>.........GOD!!!
    Yes, we girls (daughters) have decided to get together bi-monthly; do hate they have to drive this far to get me; but places to eat this way too but so comfy, relaxing staying at Kris's house, easier to talk; wish I would've made it longer as I had more to say, but they did remind me of a few things to check up on which was good. No bragging here but my mom's ring and my wedding band very, very expensive; gave them to the girls now; I'm afraid I'll lose them, also afraid, as I don't wear them unless I go out, as my mom didn't wear hers either afraid of losing a stone (my wedding band is channel set with many small stones) don't want SO to get them, change stones to CZ, take money.
    When he was in hospital last time I took his ring, not near as expensive as mine, wrapped in kleenex, put in purse. One of days there he asked for something from purse, had used ones,threw them out not knowing his ring in there; hospital never found it.....after looking online for lookalike for insurance he said I never liked that one anyway (the one he picked out, I paid for). Got a different looking one, very pretty, never wears it, can't get over knuckle....won't get it cut to fit or wear on pinkie....so neither of us wear rings. Have a few more items to get to girls. Have to do things now before I totally forget where they went. Sorry went on so long esp. about all this. Should be talking upbeat stuff. Hopefully after seeing the doctor, get on some meds that work fast, few side effects I can tolerate (going to try like heck as I don't tolerate new drugs well at all). Know he's dealed w/dementia patients prior to me, just don't want to go back to neuro; don't care for him nor his 'sit=in. But prefer neuro over his 2nd. Sure my doc can handle this.....have some lit I found to help both of us out, going to keep on looking. He's out for supper tonight be home around 7. I'm taking all same meds, haven't changed anything, no more/no less.....you can tell looking for a reason. At least it's only one hallucination...hearing things. Would be easy to really have no one in house but use a voice recorder. I don't much hear her voice but still do if I think she's in house; cell is different......don't hear her at all; if it's real think he has one of those in the ear ones with wire going to mouth to speak......gosh I have to copy this as this is about what I'd tell my doc.......except for flying in his room looking for somebody........I'm so sorry I'm writing all of this to you...get the Visine:) Still have a tinge sense of humor but I'm done now.....hoping those of you that were bored out your skulls just skipped the entire post. Wouldn't blame you at all'
    Did feel good to write it out tho, get it off my chest....need those meds as I'm losing too much weight, some of those meds help you gain weight :):):) was about 85, down to about 75-77. Doc's gonna have a fit! Thank God for Ensure, nice little helper but not enought.............outta here......please pray for me if you do so, as I always pray for you, think about you lots of times as I miss it when I don't write but some days just out of question. Hope sleep comes to you all easily tonight, your pain has lessened........Mr Q had surgery?????? Prayers to Mr and Mrs Q, hoping his recovery is rapid. Love to all, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Kat, I can hear the fear in you about the dementia and I can imagine how hard it is to deal with it not knowing what is real and what is just in your mind. I hope your doctor will let you try a new medication just to let you feel better about your life. It is hard enough for those of us that are shut in our houses most of the time to feel connected with life. Your dementia makes it even harder and any medication that helps would make it easier to live your life. I have you in my prayers.

I should be sleeping right now as I would like to go home today before the next storms come through but I am wondering about missing the day as it looks like I will sleep all day once I get to sleep. I got out and went to bookstore to look around and to find a new book to read. Not more going on right now other than mom talking about coming down to visit soon. I hope she can stay for a couple days as the kids and we really like having her down. It would be nice if she would move down but I don't see that happening.
    Last edited by Mark N; 03-03-2012 at 12:38 AM.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

I made it home a day later than I planned on. I got down before the another storms came threw and we were lucky to miss the worst part as our southern Indiana had 13 deaths from the storms. Like usually after sleeping all day Thursday I am awake when I feel like I need some sleep. Hopefully after I post this and start reading I will fall asleep. I hope everyone else made it through the storms and tornadoes like we did and I will keep everyone in my prayers.

Kat, no problem with the length of your post. Write as much as you need to as doing it helps keep your mind going. I hope you can gain more weight and I wish I could give you some of the weight I would like to lose. take care and I will keep you in my prayers.

Kat-
    There is a medication to help increase your appitie. I am not sure of the name but it helped my mother-in-law get back to a healthy weight & did not seem to have many side effects.
    As far as something to help the hallucinations your doctor should be able to find something that will work of you. If I'm not mistaken trazadone is the one that worked for my mother-in-law. They all have sided effects but I'm sure they can find some that work for you. If your doctor can't help you find a new doctor because there is no reason for you to suffer with the stress of the hallucinations if you don't have to.
    Thanks for your prayers Kat, your in ours too.

I really hope this is not a sign of how this spring is going to be tornado wise. It is so awful that something can cause such damage so quick, I can't imagine how it use to be before we had radar systems to know they were coming. We did not get any damage here but about 2 miles south several homes were damaged and lots of mobile homes turned over. Thankfully as far as I know no serious injury. Our power was out for a couple of hours, getting new flashlights & candles are now on my to do list.

Lee I hope your doctor visit went ok and you were able to find out why the doctor has an issue with you. Maybe it is their life that has them being that way and not acutally you? There are days my sister is in such a mood I feel bad for the folks who are going to have her has their RN that night.
    Mark I'm glad you had a good visit with your Mom.

My Dad's surgery to remove the skin cancer went much longer than expected. He went in at 1pm and we did not get out of that office till after 6pm. It was just much deeper than the doctor thought, he said he got about 90% of it but it is so close to his eye it worries me. Sitting in the waiting room did a number on me so I have been useless the last few days so today is get caught up housework day....woohoo

I hope you all have a nice weekend with little pain.
    Last edited by mrsQ; 03-03-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

thank heavens Mark, you are safe. I worried about you. there was so much damage up your way and I couldn't get all my BT friends off my mind. It was bad here, but mosty storms and the weather siren going off every few min. We had moved it back to the living room so we could hear it if it went off. Well, Ken got up every few min. and I took the rest of the night. I finally just lay back in my lounge and went to sleep. We were still getting alerts this morning. I pray everybody else that is in the line of the storm are safe.

Karen, I'm glad you did ok with your Dad, but I hope he does not have more problems since it went so deep. Ken and I go at least once a year, if one has the carcinoma it's every 6 months. Its easy to ignore those things and they go fast once they get started. I hope all of you will have a restful week-end.

Lee, hope your Drs. appointment went better than mine. My Dr. had taken ex-rays about 3 months ago and had not seen me since. I go once a month to pick up scripts.

Well, thursday I saw the Drs. assistant. She told me some disc had flattened and slide sideways, but they didn't look like they were moving. then on down a little lower I had one bulging, but it had not changed since the last MRI. Whoopee, welcome to the rest of my trashed back. DDD has taken its toll. then the biggie I didn't expect. She said the ex-rays showed I had some calcium built up in the Aorta. Not sure I said that right. I was more than depressed when I left there. I don't know if I will have anything done there or not. My body has about done itself in. Oh well, these things go with old age. Karen, I will post about the Scolisis in that forum. More proof that Scolisis causes pain!!

Poor Drs, they don't know nutten, do they? teehee Kat, you take care too. Everybody stay safe.

love you bunches, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 14343940414243444546474849547494 ... LastLast