Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 13333839404142434445464748537393 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Cool hey everybody

I'm here at the bar. Do I have to climb up on the bar top to get a hoe down going?tsk tsk(whats a hoedown?) Well I'm ready to do it if somebody else will join in.

the wind is blowing hard, we are under a tornado watch. Wow, just right for a huge party! the Bar is open, where is the Bartender? If he doesn't come along soon I'll start pouring the drinks myself. teehee I use measuring cups, not those jigger and shot thingy's. I know how to make them right

I'll fly off on my broom for a few, but I'll be back and I want to hear some orther than ( No Body Knows the Trouble I've Seen") some real music to make you
    wanta dance with the Stars!

Heck, I can just see myself in ICU with whole body cast, but hey, we can still dream, eh?

I loves you all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

Julia, it is nice to step in the room and see the place lit up and the music playing. I see our bartender Guido has come in so I will order an ice cold coke before going over to request some music - whoa who is riding that broom that almost took my head off? I didn't recognize you Julia on your broom. Lets get the night going with welcome to the Jungle http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/shows/the-source.html then I want to request the Stone's Paint it black http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nts-C...eature=related. I think I will head off to the beach to get away from this cold spell we are having. I love seeing the stars as they are so bright against the dark sky with just the surf in the background.

Kat sorry to hear about the trouble with SO. Have a good time with your daughters and enjoy the meal.

I only napped this morning for about 15 minutes at a time. I did catch up on the bills so that chore is done for another month. I picked Penny up after work as she had to drop of the keys to the community center at the guy's work. I hope they don't have any problems with the center this weekend as she gets called up if something happens. Most of the time nothing happens but when it does you never know if it will be a plumbing problem, drink dispenser, heating/AC, etc. I made some chocolate chip cookies as I have been yearning for them the past two weeks.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Dang yall just having a party drinks & chocolate chip cookies!! Woohoo:o

Kat it is good to see you.

Jo try not break anything doing your hoe down,,,maye they call that it because they use to hold them in the barns??

I had a good suprise today with the new sitter showing up for MIL, she is nice I think so that will help. Now if I could just get some sleep. I love all these studies aobut how not sleeping is bad for your health, they just make you have insomnia & sit up being worried about it.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Community Member

Hi All ~ We dodged the "big" storm that was supposed to dump 10 inches of snow on us -- we only got about 2-3 inches. How can they be THAT wrong? LOL

Hey Jo ~ Boy when I was drinking, I sure could whoop it up at the bar. LOL Just give me a beer or a rum & coke and I was the life of the party! I think I really COULD fly on a broom! LOL But I quit almost 19 years ago, so now my drink of choice is diet pepsi.

Kat -- I'm sorry you're having troubles with SO, and that the pain is bad. Take care of yourself, and don't overdo.

Hey Mark -- I'm like you - give me the beach & and starry night and I'm just fine! There's nothing better than that! :o

Mrs. Q - So you're another with Insomnia, huh? Join the club. You're right, we don't need to hear that it's bad for our health. We'd sleep if we could for heavens sakes! :ambivalence: I'm lucky if I get 2-3 hours anymore. On a good night I get maybe 4, but that's few and far between.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm not gonna do much. I've had to run the roads lately taking granddaughter to Dr. appointments, etc. So I'm gonna just vegetate today. Take care all. Hugs. Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Community Member

Leeaelle - glad to hear you dogged the bullet and only received 2-3 inches of snow. We felt that way in January when we received only 6-7 inches on the day that they predicted we could see up to 14 inches. But the next day came and it was worse . . . more snow, ice and wind!! At least we didn't lose power in that storm unlike some people who were out of power for 6 days.

Kat - sorry to hear about the SO problems and the pain. Hang in there and I hope you enjoyed the lunch with the girls. It's important to do these things.

Mark - Fresh chocolate chip cookies always taste good. Regarding the spine, I don't mean that it's not giving me any problems but the vascular/nerve problems affecting the left arm/shoulder is more important and screaming louder than other areas.

It is good to see the room jumping again with visitors and a party going on. Guido hit me up with another Coke and gets some pretzels on the counter in case Gene stops in because he sees a party going on.

Lee, isn't it nice to miss the big snow storm? A few inches to cover everything and make it look pretty is enough. 19 years do you have a sobriety aniversary coming up? It is a great thing and something that isn't easy to do so I am proud that you hung tough and got it done.

Newcervie, I understand the spinal problems are still hanging on but you have to take care of the most important issues first. I did the same thing with lumbar and thoracic problems but the lumbar was much worse so that fusion came first. I hope your doctor can get the arm problems taken care of so you can focus on the spinal issues. Good to hear you like chocolate chip cookies as I will bring some to the next party.

Mrs Q my mom [she is 73] sits with older people so I know what a relief a sitter can be. I hope it lets you get some sleep and it helps you get your pain levels down. Hey we don't sleep due to pain so no need to worry about what it will cause later in life as it is hard enough to deal with life today.

Today started of in a great way as I went up this morning to lay down with Penny for a while before we got up. It was nice to talk and fool around having some fun with each other. We wanted to take a walk but it was too cool then and went later in the afternoon when temps got into the 60s. I fixed some cubed steaks, mashed potatoes, veg, and gravy for dinner. Other than the walk this afternoon was a lazy one but I stayed awake all day so I hope to sleep tonight. I am leaving tomorrow to visit my mom for the week and that will be nice. Tyrel leaves tomorrow and Tuesday for his physical, testing, and swearing in oath.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Community Member

I forgot about the "drinks" and the "bar" from the old days.

Well, I find out about the status of the bone in the hand tomorrow. I'm figuring surgery but just don't know the extent of what they'll need to do and how imperative it is. Once I know this, I can start planning spring activities for the kids (t-ball, swimming, etc.) and the future left arm/shoulder surgery. Definitely too much going on . . .

Mark - Enjoy the visit with your mom. It's a nice change in pace.

Mark and MrsQ - I completely agree on the sleep factor. I won't get more than I'm getting now. Too stiff/uncomfortable by the morning to sleep longer.

Thought I would stop in and get a drink to drop off to sleep- Guido fix me some hot chocolate. I can feel it warming me all the way down to my stomach. If this doesn't get me to sleep I will have to wait until the morning dose meds. I am going off to a dark corner and recline to drink my hot chocolate. Anyone coming around please don't turn up the music as it is in the background to go to sleep.

Newcervie, I bet you are on edge tonight wondering what the dr will say tomorrow about your hand. You sound like you have a lot going on this Spring so I hope your body doesn't interfere with what you want to do.

Well since I have to be awake in an hour I'm just going to give up trying.
    I even watched an Cary Grant movie I have seen dozens of times no luck. Maybe I will nap while the sitter is here today. My MIL is having a hard time with contractures I think they are called. They already have her hands in a frozen position and now are working on her legs, they were so bad tonight she was crying but couldn't tell me why or what to do to make it better. I finnaly found her leg all in a knot. We haven an doctor visit scheduled for the first of the month to try and get her some botox injections for them since meds won't help. I don't want to take anything to sleep incase she needs me so maybe with the help here I can sleep.
    I was hoping to get the grass cut while she was here but they are calling for rain later this morning so that may not happen.
    Hope you ended up being able to get some sleep Mark.

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

Hi to all.
    Forget who's going to doctor but hope it turns out well for you.
    Saturday my daughters picked me up, went to Kris's house, stayed there, ordered lunch in; I lasted 2 hrs, had a stroke after talking about SO. Thought it wuld wear off quicker but was so tired I asked they take me home. But we had such a good time; it was suggested we do it like every couple months :) Slept most of weekend away w/usual hallucinations.
    Darn, can't even cook bacon w/o burning it today. Very tired/sore today, nothing new. Head's 'swimming' a little. Ah, dryer just 'dinged'...bettr get it before I have to fluff again. hugs to all, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 13333839404142434445464748537393 ... LastLast