Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone.
    Mark, saw map/coloring in your area, mostly red, very little yellow. When I get rid of internet Spam, CNN has little blurbs, mentioned a few people died during the storms. And such a huge area under fire! We started with rain/ice yesterday, continued today, then snowed 1/2 inch. Nasty driving around here. Sounds like you, your areas were spared, thank God. Sorry you haven't been getting any sleep, hope that changes soon

The snow didn't stop us late Friday from Angela's birthday party. Took us extra 15 minutes, just had to drive carful, some were in a hurry, had to pass people in unplowed lane, usually kids driving. Angela turned 13, played hostess very well, came out door, down steps to help this granny up steps into house. With help from other Grandma, she made pigs n blanket, turned out great, altho she said she's not fond of cooking unless it comes out of a box, like brownies.

I was sitting near kitchen where everyone was coming in; started having a panic attack when one family walked in with their 4 kids, suddenly overwhelmed, felt surrounded, a 'coming to get me' feeling. Kim saw it right away, came over, kept talking to me til I calmed down, everyone got past me. Helped tremendously. They all went into other room. After that everyone was scattered which helped also; I just stayed in that chair, glued to it. Wound up eating with all the kids but they were well behaved, no yelling etc. We all had a good time.

Steve's back at doc for just a checkup today; surgery site is still oozing but also think he's pushing things a bit. He looks so gaunt, lost about 30lbs at least; can see Kim lost weight too. Any talk about Steve, Angela's right there listening as one doc said he had about 5 yrs to live. Of all the kids, she's the closest to her dad.
    He'll probably have his chemo date set up.....see if they put a port put in again, may have to wait with all of that until he heals more. We're all so worried for that family and pray for miracles.

Mel, good to hear from you, I agree with Mark.....get those legs checked out hon, please......glad you stopped in to catch up, missed you!

Back to doing the wash.....happy day, people! hugs, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat, it is good to hear you made the party even with needing a bit of help to get through. Sounds like you had some good moments and everyone had a good time. I don't understand Steve's doctor as people that live 5 years without any more cancer then they are considered free of cancer. I wonder if they didn't misunderstand the doctor; at least I hope they did. We got through the storms without any damage in our area. It sure rained hard, hailed, and the wind blew like crazy but it only lasted about 30 minutes then the storm front passed.

Not much on my end as I caught up on the sleep I was missing. I wish I could have a couple days up and about before having a sleepy day but right now it is one day and one day sleeping; it could be worse.
      1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
      2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Had snow showers/ice a bit yesterday, almost 1/2 inch; beautiful day today, sun trying to peek out; way clouds look might happen before end of day. Didn't get much sleep last night; few things going on here; finally drifted off around 6, woke at 12:30. Hoping for a better night tonight.....wishing the same for you Mark. Have you and Penny been using the basement more now? everyone have great day, hugs, kat :)
        TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat, glad to hear you have had a better day other than sleep. We had a nice day here too but I haven't slept since 12:30am. I hope you have a good night sleep and I hope to but based on my sleeping all day yesterday but I hope to sleep. I hope both of us and everyone here have a better day tomorrow.

Today was another lazy day, I did get to the doctor for my injection that I missed last week. I also was able to do another coat of primer on the dresser and I hope to get a coat of paint on it in another day or two. Not much more going on around here but I hope tomorrow brings more things to do and enjoy.
          1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
          2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Turned TV off at 9p.m. even tho I was enjoying show I was watching, rolled over, positioned kitty, off to sleep in no time.
            Was woken by voices in other room, heck with that anymore, went back to sleep. Got a great 12 hours in.
            Snowing lightly, trees full of different birds, couple kinds of squirrels; fun watching all of them play or looking for food by digging in the bark.
            Pain issue was doing great but starting to let itself be known...again. For some reason have been depressed lately; might have something to do with person I'm living with.
            My bro lives in FL, rather talk on phone, I'm just opposite and email so I remember what was said. He surprised me with a nice long email. Their 50th anny is coming up, (he just turned 70), their two girls/spouses, all of them are taking mom/dad on an Alaskan cruise, something they always wanted to do. Their health is pretty good so now's the time to do it! Last yr bro/wife pretty much went around the US. They avoided some of the middle states; very frugal driving/eating coming from a missionary background, now retired. Going from hot FL to icy Alaska....know they'll have great time.
            We had always wanted to take that trip but our bodies won't tolerate it anymore......yrs earlier didn't have the $$, now have the $$, can't walk<G>LOL Money can go to better cause.....help Steve/Kim out.
            Had appt with surgeon Monday, haven't heard anything yet. Assuming they set up chemo too. They gave him a 5 yr life expectancy.......didn't get chance to tell him they gave me 3-5 yr after dx of Vasc Dementia...I'm still here, April will start my 8 yrs.....ya wonder what's going on?? Don't get me wrong, glad I'm here most of the time. When everything hits at once, fibro, pain, both which won't go away, then the seizures/strokes hit is when I wish it were over. But it won't be over until someone bigger than I says so :)
            Think everyone in woods is taking a nap, sounds good even to me :) Hope everyone's pain is less and sleeps well tonight! hugs, kat :)

Comment

Kat, what good news, you were able to get a good night sleep in even ignoring what you thought you heard and going back to sleep to get in a good 12 hour rest in. It doesn't take long for the pain to start creeping in once again does it. I am glad your brother sent you long email to let you know what is going on. It would be great to go on an Alaskan cruise as the scenery is amazing. I hope they have a wonderful trip and gain some memories to last them the rest of their lives. One thing I miss with disability is the chanced to travel with my wife. I would love to go to S.A. and see sites like Machu Piccu high in the Andes as I am fascinated with the building blocks that are there. I just don't understand how they are giving Steve 5 years to live when that is the cut off to say someone is cancer free. I hope you do talk to Angela and explain how much time they gave you and how many years you have lasted past that date. Kat you asked if Penny and I spend more time in the basement now and I have to admit I live in the basement since my chair is down here. I have a big screen TV and my laptop so it is a good set up. Yes Penny has been spending more time down here since it has been redone. She was down on the computer while I was painting the dresser and I told her it was nice. I explained so much of my day was being alone in the basement and I miss having company.

I didn't get to sleep until 7:30am but set the alarm for 1:30pm so I could have a chance of sleeping tonight. Tyrel went out and got the two of us a Subway sandwich for lunch so I finished painting the dresser. Now I just need to go back and do some small repair work to get it completely finished. It will take just a little bit of sanding in a very small area and then repainting that spot. It will be nice to get it upstairs so Penny can get her clothes in it and the current dresser will come down to the basement so I can store the items that had been in the refinished dresser.

Comment

It looks like it has been a quiet day for members of the PP room today. I hope everyone is feeling good and were able to do a few things you wanted to do. I din't get to sleep until the AM but set my alarm hoping to sleep tonight - no luck so far. The Indy Colts named their new coach who had been the defensive coordinator for the Ravens. It will be good to see a new more aggressive defense for the Colts and we will have to wait and see what type of offense they will run. I hope it is similar to the past but with a better running game, we will have to wait and see. I was able to finish up the dresser this afternoon so we can move it in whenever Tyrel is around to help. He is off to see the Army recruiter tomorrow and see if he can sign up or what he needs to do to get the process started; he is the 4th generation in my family to go into the service. Sleep tight everyone and maybe I will be joining you in another hour or so.

Comment

Yes Mark, seems you and I are dominating the room lately. Did well sleeping last night again, Tv off at 9, slept 12 hrs. I only wish it could be you too. I have no idea who's even playing in the SuperBowl! Shame on me!. Closer to game time, more clued in I'll become. Do know it's being played in Feb......that's about it. Was surprised I slept so well as I was in such pain; possibly having a little stroke as 1/2 of body from face down was a bit numb. On/off that way for a few days now. Kitty's on my lap getting her a.m. scratch in between typing which she loves. At night when SO comes home, she's been fed, she goes nuts, runs around the house like a crazed cat....just glad everyones home, her belly full. Have a light purple area rug, only place she really likes to get down and dirty to play, mortal combat<G> At times she'll empty her toy basket or almost empty it, climb in, go to sleep. Just happy when we're all home. She can't rough house long before she wears out due to her asthma, breathing gets hard, needs to rest, cat nap :).....in a bit she's ready to go for a bit again.
                  She loves her thighs, tail, rump scratched, her fave places. We got to bed, prop her up on my knees, take off her collar, start massaging her, face/neck first and she'll even fall asleep sometimes. I comb her, then use a wire brush for whatever I missed. Unbelievable how much loose fur comes off that girl. But not getting any younger either, almost 8 in May. I pray she lives a long time like some cats do. Gees, got carried away on one of my favorite subjects......Mark, yours is football I bet, mine is kitty.
                  Hope your pain in on low, and you're able to get more sleep in; my pain is creeping up and pray I sleep like last two nights.
                  Good luck finishing your furniture! hugs, kat.........where's everyone??? All's well I hope...........

Comment

Perhaps a sleep day for you Mark; we are a pair of tired people. I've been having strokes every day which I assume are making me tired. Out last night at 9. Strokes haven't been as bad as they could've been but still....half body from face down goes partially numb, altho these have left my legs alone, they feel normal. SO was out for dinner last night, I was asleep by time he got home. I generically mentioned something in email re: his friend as he's complaining how tired he is...his friend should let him get some sleep instead of talking his ear off. He took it well, wondering what I was talking about, talk more at home...but he had off today, left for errands/lunch with with work friend w/o bringing up subject. Very bad breathing day for him so glad he didn't talk about it. Night comes, I just go to sleep now.

I'm googling on 2nd page re:; vitimins, how they affect your GI tract. Such fun<G>

Hope everyone's having a good day, even better weekend.....we're expecting 1-2 inches snow later tonight...all those little clippers rushing by....hugs, kat

Comment

Kat, sorry to hear about all the strokes as it isn't any fun feeling the numbness and being so tired. Yes I was sleeping yesterday after being up most of a day and a half. I hope to sleep tonight but will have to wait and see. The Super Bowl is next weekend and it is a rematch of the Giants and Patriots. The Colts finally named their new coach, he was the Ravens D coordinator so I hope he keeps the wide open offense but improves our defense as I like the aggressive defenses the Ravens play. Without question kitty sounds like your favorite topic. I had a golden retriever that was my favorite topic but now it is the Science/History shows and still football but not nearly as much as when I was coaching it. I hope you rest up and start feeling like you have more energy.

Tyrel came home for a bit and helped move the two dressers. Penny was excited to get the painted one moved up to the bedroom and I like the antique one down here in the basement. Tyrel went and saw the Army recruiter and he goes back Tuesday to take the test. He thinks he will go in some time in the next two months. I hope he does because it is what he wants to do since the AF was dragging their feet. I just hope he gets a field he enjoys when he does get in. After getting the dresser switched around now I need to get a mirror refinished for the bedroom because the antique has the mirror attached. The next project, some time in the Spring is putting in a new vanity in the basement bathroom. We have an antique dresser I am turning into a vanity and we will put a sink on top of it with the faucet in the wall.

Comment

WOW Everyone...so much going on here. I know if I spend the time catching up I will never get to post. Reading knocks me out sometimes. I did fall asleep earlier but the nerve pain down the legs made it last only an hour. I am thankful that I have the neurontin. It has truly been a life saver. I am now up to 400mgs 4x's a day. Well 2 are for bedtime. I forgot tonight. It doesnt make the nerve pain disappear but it does sure help. I think I would prefer sleep though right now. It has been such a long day. I posted a new thread about the test results. I have been running around trying to get them done, squeeze in drs and deal with family life. Plus I, like another member I know here (no names...LOL), like to keep my head buried in the sand and ignore all this spiney crap!! Its getting harder to ignore. Pain on my left side of the neck has increased greatly and I cannot look up again or left much at all. That accident truly has thrown my spine for a loop. Praying it calms down soon!! I wasnt too thrilled with the test results and I guess the most disappointing one was the failed fusion :( How can it happen to me twice?? There is no hardware at that level (c5-C6), so I dont know how long I can let it stay like that?? Forever would work real well with me!!! LOL!! Going to surgeon Monday...cant wait to get the news..

Kids are doing well. They have me running as usual. Taigan starts gymnastics tomorrow and she is soo excited. We were supposed to go last saturday but the snow cancelled that. We have been so lucky to not really have any snow. It has been such a mild winter, a few cold days here and there...this is my kind of winter!!!! The weekend looks beautiful...low 40's but it beats snow!! Logan has a basketball game in the afternoon both days and I am meeting a girlfriend with her son and Taigan for lunch tomorrow. We are going for my bday which isnt till next week but she can only go on weekends with work. Should be nice.

Not much else happening in my neck of the woods. I did get a newer minivan and its ok. I dont love it but love the face it has 80,000 less miles. My last van had almost 150,000 miles on it. Goes to show you I am always running. I had bought that van originally with 14,000 miles in 2003. I miss my old van for some of the features and the size. This one is definetly smaller. Both are Chrysler Town & Country.

Mark how is everyone? How is Penny? The kids and your sweet granddaughter? How is the pain? Have you been getting your rest? I miss our chats and I am sorry I have been so flakey around here. I promise to try to be better. I use the ipad a lot & typing on it is a pain. Logan has mine 99% of the time. I stole it back tonight to pop on and chat with the group.

Kat how are you doing? How is kitty? Have you had a lot of snow? Hoping your son in law is doing better? I did do a little catching up but I am praying for him. Just because I dont get on often doesnt mean you all are not in my thoughts. I miss being here and chatting. I am going to try to be a better spiney

Melanie are you still here? How are you? How are the boys? You have to call me one of these days...miss our chats too. How is that sweet grandbaby? Any pics to share with us? Whats going on with your spine and pain? I think of you often.

If I missed anyone I apologize...I havent gone back thru the thread to really catch up. I will try to after I post.

Praying everyone is staying warm & pain free. I will check in soon!! Hugs to you all!!!

Here are 2 recent pics of the kiddos... With Logan on 3 basketball teams we keep busy...LOL Taigan was hanging out with her buddies while playing on her ipod touch..LOL

tt.jpg

logan bball.jpg
                        ~*~*~*~*~*~
                        Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

It is nice to check in and see Brigitte back on. Sorry to hear about the bad news with no fusion going on. You know you need to get the surgery soon as you are in danger right now unless you are willing to have a neck brace on all the time. Megan is sick right now feeling really bad as people at the Nursing Home are spreading around. I just hope her family and we don't get it. Emery is in the phase of being full of energy on the run all the time right now. Tyrel is working on getting into the Army in the next couple of months. Penny is doing much better and I hope she is past all the hormone changes now. She is back to the fun loving wife I knew a number of years ago. I got the basement work done and just finished up doing a dresser for our bedroom that Penny wanted. We have had it a long time but I painted it and we brought the antique dresser in the basement and it looks good down here. The next project will be to turn an antique dresser [a different one] into a vanity for the basement bathroom as we just put in a cabinet and steel sink in it to make it useful. I will but that cabinet and sink back in my shop and the vanity will have a sink that sets on the top of the vanity and faucets coming out of the wall. That will start some time in the Spring when we save enough money to get what we need. It sounds like you are running around just like usual no matter how you are doing. I am glad the neurotin is working for you until you get the next spinal surgery that takes care of the nerves causing the pain. Take care of yourself and that family being sure to check in to let us know how you are doing.

Comment

Mark It makes me smile to see how well things are going with you and Penny! That is just awesome and I am so happy for you!! :) Poor Megan and being sick :( How is she handling that little ball of fire. It sucks when mom's get sick. There is no real rest for us! Hopefully she starts feeling better soon and does not share it with all of you!!

You are certainly keeping busy with the projects..you will have to share some pics with us. I am glad your able to work on the stuff. Just take your time!!

Hope Tyrel is helping you too :) Army? I hate to see him join in such a sad time but I am proud he is will to fight for our freedom. He is so young. Is he working while he is home?

I better try and sleep. I was trying to google all the information but in the end I still didnt fully grasp it till you laid it out in lay man's terms...LOL I am very nervous and I hate that the fusion failed. I am seriously debating starting the bone growth stimulator again. I stopped so long ago as it was a pain, always getting stuck in my hair, plus I thought fusion was taking place. If the stimulator worked it doesnt solve all my probems though I guess. I dont know. I am going to rest and tomorrow (today...lol) is another day to digest all this.

Get some rest!! Thanks again for your help, advice and support!! You know I truly appreciate it!! Hugs!!!!
                            ~*~*~*~*~*~
                            Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

Brigitte, It is nice to have a better atmosphere in the house and shows that if people will stick it out, if there is no abuse, that things can get better. Tyrel is well prepared for being in the Army along with the possible consequences but he could very well end up in a technical field with no risk of being in a combat area. He isn't working as he is putting his efforts into getting into the military. The military is better than the mess our economy is in. Our President is wasting money on paying off his supportive groups even when knowing the companies are on the verge of bankruptcy and goes ahead and gives them hundreds of millions then then they go bankrupt paying huge bonuses instead of repaying the taxpayers first. If the media would tell the truth about all of this people would have a much different idea about him. We have one of those companies here in Indiana.

Don't fret about your spine too much. I hope you can get some fusion going soon. Maybe things will improve for you and your spine will get better.

I do take it easy with the projects whether I want to or not as my body will only do so much. I will try and have Tyrel or Penny help me get pictures on the board.

Comment

Hi

Hi to everyone I have met here........hope all are doing well. Just an update for those of you that helped me through this. I am a little over 3months post surgery and am back to work full time. (started back about 3 weeks ago). The first week was terrible and could only do two 4 hour days. The second week was limited, but better. I am at the end of my first full week back and feel like a new person. The exhaustion is more or less gone. I am moving patients, lifting things and doing all my usual work. I still can't eat much(swallowing has improved, but very little), but am getting alot of nutrients in me with what I can get. I get my repeat xray in a few days to see how much has fused.(fingers crossed!!) OH, and the best...at the beginning of Jan I got ALL my feeling back in my legs and walking again, no more foot drop. I am able to open jars(haven't done that in years) and I have most of the movement back in both my hands.

Again, hope all are well and yes, there are good days after spinal surgery!!!
                                2011 ACDF levels 3-7

Comment

Working...
                                X