Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Friends!
    Had a seriously lazy day here. I did get out this afternoon for xrays. So now its wait for the report and go from there. Neck is hurting more than usual, can not turn to left much at all. It is painful but i am dealing. Still havent heard from the autu shop about the van. The van is 9 yrs old and has about 147,000 miles. But it runs great and had no issues. We may fix it. Looking into that, or buying something from the total loss check but that is only going to be about 4,700. I dont know what to think. That little money does not buy much and I cannot do another loan payment. I just dont want that. We are almost done with hubbys truck. We were going to do all this in July when his payments ended. I dread this junk. I get annoyed. Darn huge deer, beautiful to look at...not so lovely to my front end. Mark it may need new radiator. Hood is a definte replace. Its crumpled. They told me there was no fixing it as its too crumpled. We will see what they say when they finally get out there.

Mark did your snow melt yet? The wind here is sooo strong tonight, it feels cold enough to snow!!! I hated leaving just for the xrays...lol. It was definetly a jammie day here. Glad to hear the woodshop is coming along nicely. I say you will have to make stuff and send it to your spiney friends with the leftovers...lol. Just teasing ya!!

Big Joe I have heard of melatonin but never used it. May have to look into that!! A full nights sleep would be a blessing!! Hope your feeling well?

Kat hopefully the snow stays away! Hope kitty is doing better. Cats are curious...she definetly got into something...lol.
    They love to go where they dont belong. Mine recieved a compressed catnip ball from santa..she is loving that. Along with a new mousie laser she can chase around. Plus some yummy treats and she was hooked up!! Hopefully your pain eases some. Its no fun not feeling up to par. I think spine pain intensifies when this weather gets so cold and downright bone chilling.

Well I better get some zzzzz's!! Ignore typos as Im on the ipad. Logan has claimed my laptop since he broke his. Fell asleep and knocked it off his bed. Thank goodness for extended warranties!!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~
    Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

Brigitte, It is a shame about your increased pain as a result of the accident. It is such a big fear whenever we have one. When I got hit two years ago my neck and back hurt but I knew it was from the impact. I was glad a police car was coming at me when I got hit from the side, no disputing that she ran a stop sign. I was hoping your back and neck would calm down like mine did but you are much sooner from a surgery. We got snow but it melted as it hit so none on the ground. It was just pretty seeing it fall. We are warming back up as the week goes and will hit 50 again then getting cold again next week. I know what you mean about no car payment as we have been without one for 5 years now and I can't picture doing it again. It is so nice not having that bill every month.

Kat, sorry your pain levels will keep you from doing what you want for New Years. We are invited to a home but I doubt I will be able to make it so Penny will be out without me again. Yes the wrong chair can really cause pain while on the computer. I am lucky I can do my laptop in my zero gravity chair as I could last past one posting if I had to sit at a computer.

Big Joe, glad you found help getting to sleep, my son uses it too. I tried it but it doesn't help me and then I did more research and found out I wasn't supposed to use it because it could suppress my breathing too much as several of my meds already do that. Sleeping well each night really makes a difference in the way we feel and it is good you are able to use it to your advantage.

I finally got to sleep at 4 am and slept well until 2 pm. I wish I could turn that around to 10 pm to 8 am but that isn't to be. I didn't do much but I did get the bills paid and filed all the financial papers/receipts for 2011. Hopefully my son can pic up the wood I ordered so I can finish the wall here in the family room. It is hidden pretty well by the recliner sofa but I would like to finish so I could start on the trim for the room. I had dropped off to sleep so maybe I can get back to sleep soon.
      1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
      2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Mark, think I wrote that wrong re: new yrs. We never go out that night. Out once years ago, first/last time. We lived in a large trailer then. SO got totally blitzed; left his 'mark' just inside the entry. For some reason I wasn't a drinker that night, thank God. Trailers had grates on floor for heat to come thru; one in middle of bathroom right by toilet where SO laid entire night. Maybe you can guess what a terrible burn he had on his leg in a.m. That was last time he went out, got in that condition. Now he's got diabetes so that much drinking is out of question. Rants/raves instead, rather that as he was a nasty/moody drinker.

Kitty's better, thank you; she bit me yesterday/not on purpose, while I was giving her her pills. Quite the bleeder, but cleaned 2 punctures really good, put meds on it....today it's redder than last bites so keeping eye on it; don't expect problems.

I tried getting on earlier but internet wouldn't let me post.....have huge spider plant which needed grooming, watering; set in sink, perfect place for both. Going to be Grandma again, lots of babies coming up.

Gotta go, have great, less pain filled evening, sleep well.........hugs, kat
        TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat, be careful with the cat bite as they can get bad. Penny and I don't go out on New Years unless it is to a friends house. The last few years she has gone out by herself to friends as I can't make it. Neither of us are drinkers so that isn't an issue except for coming home with others on the road that do drink. Sounds like your spider plant is doing well. I have always enjoyed it when we have had those plants but none in the house now. I spent all day and evening sleeping so nothing new from my end. This year will be over before I know it and I still have some of the wall to do. I should finish up this week now that I have the wood I need.
          Last edited by Mark N; 12-31-2011, 03:42 AM.
          1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
          2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year's tonight.

New Years has come and gone with everyone home and safe. I hope everyone here has everyone home and safe by now.
            Last edited by Mark N; 12-31-2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

We stayed home last night, definitely safe and sound. Made egg salad and bologna spread during day; hoping SO would sit on couch with me, have leisurely nosh, watch TV....twas not to be. Came right out and said it. Don't think he's sat with me since we've moved here unless he's got to put his feet up. Otherwise he's in the kitchen on his stool reading his book, drinking a beverage. Our snacks became supper, he was into his book, I went to bed, kitty following. He's at the pub now watching the game. He's never sat here with me to watch it.....just thought of that.

We got a couple inches of heavy snow, winds howling like crazy but trees look beautiful. Pretty amazing for the 1st day of 2012, I'd say.

Oh well, a new year has begun, may it be better for all of us in oh so many ways. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!

Love and hugs to everyone!! kat
              TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

hello group

Ahhhhhhhhh, its been awhile since I stopped in. I wanted to wish every one a very happy new years. It seems to have been a bad year for many of us so we will say out with the old 2011 and in with the new 2012 !

I miss all of you and need to stop[ by more often. It's hard to sit for long at a time, the old back screams at me, big time. Kat, its good to see you posting, I've missed you in the others but I understand not being able to stay put very long at a time.

Mark, I miss our talks too. When I have nights like last night I need to hop on here and bet I'll find you. That is unless you have a lost day. I'm afraid I know about those. I was sitting in my lounge chair at 4:00 a.m. this morning, crying my back hurt so bad. Now that was dumb cause the crying only makes other things hurting.

Well, better get going for now, but will be back soon. I love you Kat and you too Mark. Ah heck, I love you all!! My dearest friends, Julia aka Jo s
                Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Julia,, I agree with out with the old and bring in a better new year. Sorry to hear about your pain levels being so bad. It seems like we shouldn't have to suffer so as their needs to be some relief we can count on. Ah the lost days, at least I don't deal with the pain on those days. I hope you are feeling better and are not in so much pain. I had one of those horrific muscle spasms Saturday that I though was going to make me black out so I know how you are struggling.

Kat, it sounds cold with your description. I bet the trees were pretty with the new snow on them. Glad to hear you had a safe New Years.

I slept the day and evening away after being up so long Saturday. Penny and I saw the New Year come in and then I was able to fall asleep around 6 am. Take care everyone.

Comment

HI all, I was wondering how people did on the second of 2012. It was very cold here for the first time this year. It is an arctic blast that is suppose to move out quickly. I have been awake for about 24 hours and hope to get to sleep soon so I can get a normal sleep in and not another all day sleep like lately. I finished up with the wood on the basement wall. Now I just need to do the trim in each panel and it will just need painting to be finished!! From there I just have trim around the room along the baseboard. Both rooms have been floored, the walls in the family room have been wainscoted with raised panels, and completely repainted. My wife wants to redo the stairwell so I just have to wait until she makes up her mind on the style she wants. She has talked about doing the wainscoting and raised panel but I am not sure it would fit the stairwell although I have seen it on fancy stairwells. Ours isn't fancy but it would make it look better. Penny, Megan, and Emery went out for lunch today as they had a girls meal out. Tyrel and I went out to get Penny's birthday cards for tomorrow.

Comment

That year went fast!. Julia so good to hear from you. So sad you're in so much pain, and do hope you're feeling better soon. It's taking it's toll on everyone here, hon. Hope you're able to stop in again in a short while. Do know you like to get around :)

Mark sounds like you don't have much left to do on your basement; glad you're being smart, taking your time, resting. Think my last sleep day was Friday. Sent you a PM, thinking yesterday, hope you got it. No rush.

SO has doc appt so bringing supper home.....nice.

Have a great afternoon/evening......sleep well with very little pain......hugs, kat

Comment

Kat, it must be nice having dinner delivered:). I got your PM and sent a message back. A lazy day as I slept most of the day until the afternoon trying to catch up on the missed sleep from yesterday. I fell back asleep after dinner with Penny on the computer down in the basement with me. Not much else going on with it so cold outside.

Comment

I was able to get some sleep and get up by 11am. Today was my trip to the dr for my weekly injection. It is also Penny's birthday. We all got together and had an ice cream cake for her. We got Emery a big stuffed elephant so Penny wanted to introduce it to Emery as she is going through a shy stage if she gets too much attention. We are keeping the elephant here so Emery can play with it when she comes over. It was nice to have Tyrel and them here this evening. I hope everyone is doing well. I had higher pain levels today for some reason but I finally seem to have them under control.

Comment

Boo!!...Lol:)

Hi, everyone!:) It's sooo good to be back here, again!!:) I've been spending so much time On face-book,
                            because, I've been coming across sooo many friends from my past, which, I thought, were gone from
                            my life, forever!:( But, thanks to face-book, they're all re-surfacing!!!:) Doesn'r mean, I've forgotten you,
                            guys, though!!;) So, I figured, I'd come by, before, I hit the sack!;) Hopefully, everyone's doing well?
                            Not much, going on here. Just, trying to stay warm! Man, is it freeeezing!! Hope everyone else is
                            keeping warm and I'll drop in, again, sometime!:) Take care!!:)

Phyllis

Comment

Phyllis, I logged on and to my amazing eyes I saw you had posted in the room. It is good to see you back to say hi. It is great you are reconnecting with so many friends on FB. I am doing the same thing with my former football players although I don't post but I do respond to their post. Stop in any time to see us and keep having fun with FB.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                Feels like a Monday as I slept yesterday away, usually sleep Sundays. Should be doing the wash hah!

Phyllis, good to see you back and perky as ever. Glad you found lots of your friends on FB. If they're out there, good place to find them. Hope you'll pop in again when you have a chance.

Mark, send my regards to Penny on her birthday; sounds like you all had lots of fun. I recall my kids going through shyness at that age too. Goes away quickly. Your PM didn't come through for some reason. Even checked internet Spam, my mail spam etc. Flew into cyberspace as they sometimes do; but thank you for trying to reply. Perhaps your pain level went up wiith your trip to doctor, party etc. Next day, for me, would have been a sleep day. Do hope you're feeling better. My back etc won't give up it's pain. Just live with it and keep going; doing something loosens it up, feels a little better.

Weather has warmed up a bit in WI, winds have died down, sun is out; weekend we are supposed to feel low 40's; quite a turn around from beginning of this week.

Time to clean up kitchen from SO eating by himself last night Everything where he left it. Take care all
                                hugs, kat

Comment

Working...
                                X