Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark, Schnookie, Schnooks, kitty, all aka names :) is my joy being alone all day, and she lets me know when it's time. She has her life perfectly timed, tuned almost in time to the clock. Having lunch right now. Oops, all done. She's tuned for eating, playing, more eating, preening, sitting on lap by computer but teases me with that. If she jumps right off my lap, means wants to play.

Believe me I'm so happy for you that you're able to move about so well and do your projects. Glad you have your Christmas tree up. As like last year not putting one up. Do some tabletop decorations, not much.
    I don't have energy for it. Gosh how I decorated the first 3-4 yrs after we moved here. Kids were tots then, really loved it, I put all stuffed animals on tree, so cute, they loved it. Now I don't feel it shouldn't be about how many decorations you can put up or how many presents get given out (we don't do adults, just gifts for grandkids), it's not about stuffing your face with food......Christmas is about getting together with family and being thankful for every one of them.

I used to make humungous meals which I really couldn't enjoy; I'm not cooking this year, getting great food from local place for everyone. I have enough to do just cleaning house. SO set rules which I quickly said yes to. Have to remind him to call order in early because that place will be busy. It's interesting how he's changed, looking out for my well being, making sure now I always have cane with me or walker. And like I said he now jumps in with dishes, empting dishwasher, loading/empting. Know he'd do vaccing if I asked too; he hates dusting as do I. Feather dusting works in the tween times but once in awhile you just have to use polish to give it a great glow. Cleaning is deadly on bodies.

Well better get going, take care all, hugs, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Ka it, it is good to hear you in such good spirits. It is easy to tell with the way you describe the things in your life. It is also good to hear your SO is helping and considerate as it makes life so much better. You are right that Christmas should be about families getting together and not decorations or how many gifts we give or receive. Believe me that I am very thankful for all I can do with the projects as I focus on the positive things. I do under report the pain and discomfort while doing all those things just as I get dental work done without numbing my mouth, I just tough it out. Oh I also have to [point out it makes your life better that the Packers are winning so much. The Colts are now going through a down cycle, very down as they have no wins after a record number of seasons of 12 wins or more.

Yesterday was another day of sleep trying to recover from the trip. I didn't sleep the night before so I was just making up for lost sleep. Penny keeps coming down to look at the tiled floor as she loves the change it has created. Self-sticking tile is one of the greatest home improvement develops made as it goes down so fast and is so easy to do. I shudder to think how long and how much effort I would have put into real tile yet this vinyl tile looks great and isn't difficult to do. I have a number of small chores to do now that the tile is almost finished and I need to do one more wall in the family room with raised paneling. It is a good thing I am not in business doing this as my family would starve as long as it takes to do a project. I do enjoy them though and it saves us money along with it gives me something productive to do when I am able to do some work.

It has turned cold here and we had some snow the other day as the rain turned to snow and then back to rain. I hope everyone else is doing well which is why they haven't been in the room for a while.
      1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
      2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Hi Everyone :) Sorry for not being around in forever but I've been avoiding the computer lately, no real reason just one of those moods I guess. Plus I've been exhausted since going off my Fibromyalgia med. But I'm going to try and pop in more often. I hope everyone is well and had a great Thanksgiving. For a change not a single person was sick at our Thanksgiving this year! Believe me, that's highly unusual ;)

(((HUGS)))
        -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
        -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
        -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels

Comment

For some reason I hit reply to thread and it sends me to quick reply but as usual have errors on page. Will be on the bottom forever and ever <G>
          Good to hear from you Melanie; glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Know feeling of not wanting to write all the time; some days just don't have anything to say, others I'm sleeping :) Birds are out chomping their beaks off; over weekend had 2 squirrels that kept coming back eating bird food and corn on cob. After awhile too much for SO as they'd been doing it all week, staring at us in window, filling their chops. We finally discouraged them to go somewhere else

I've been in lots of pain last couple weeks, SO laid down the law again......legs have been giving out, fell in bathroom, hit toilet w/pelvic bone, hard to get up from bending or lifting things up. So ordered by SO, the cane goes with me constantly except I keep losing the darn thing. Going to get a beeper finder for it/me just like a car. And he brought my walker back in from the car, said, 'use it' more. To point no choice, have to. Another bit into reality :)

Mark you may not get the downstairs done by Christmas but KUDOS man, look how far you and Penny have gotten already!
          Unbelievable and even snuck a trip in there. Everyone coming to your place for xmas? Sure kids w/new house will be decorating up a storm their first year.

Very dreary day here that I have the lights on......supposed to get some snow around time SO comes home. Darlin's bringing supper home.......sigh. Gotta go...."Ellen" show is on.....she a bright lite in day; makes me laugh. love/hugs to all from miss kat
          TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat, I had that problem for a while yesterday too. So you still have animals coming around they must really like what you provide them. I hope the snow doesn't disrupt things too much. It is a good thing you have SO to lay down the law now and then. We just refuse to accept our limitations and end up doing more harm so please listen to him. I have the same thing with Penny even if I don't always want to hear it.

Melanie, good to see you back in the room. It is good to hear everyone was well at thanksgiving. I hope you get feeling better soon and feeling like coming around as I miss your conversation.

I have been up since about 2 am so you would think I would be sleepy but not yet. I spent the morning reading then put in the storm window this afternoon that I should have had done months ago. I fixed dinner and we had Darrin and Emery over to eat with us as Megan doesn't get off work until later. This evening a did a small 3' by 3' square of tiling. I can feel all the activity despite plenty of rest between chores.
            1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
            2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Hi everyone,
              Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was nice being with family, but not good on the food part. I still can't eat anything unless it is very soft. So, my dinner consisted of mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce and hi protein ensure shakes. I was just happy to have anything and to be able to be with others. It was my first real day out. Exhausted me, but worth it. Am sorry to hear some of you(puddykat et al) are having pain. I went to see the surgeon for my first post op check(5 weeks, that was odd timing). My xray looks great, radiologist says some growth has started, and all my restrictions have been lifted. Stupidly, I went out right after the appt and went shopping by myself. Spent the evening feeling like crap. My biggest problem next to the not being able to eat, is I still VERY run down. Doc says my surgery was very extensive, give it some time. Read Joe's post, so glad to hear he is still doing well. Hi again to Mark and the others here.
              I like the festive decorations on the site!!
              2011 ACDF levels 3-7

Comment

Carol, good to hear from you, and you're feeling better. But darn if I can recall what surgery you had done. Almost sounds like TMJ surgery as that's how I was after having both sides done. Whatever - just so you on road to mending/feeling better. You should've taken a lil of this/that of food except crans, but in blender, sucked it up. I did that for a couple of weeks, worked very well, tasted just right<G> Nice, no chewing involved but can taste everything, gravy helps thin it.
                Snow missed us, now in holding pattern of tons of rain, .22 so far, probably more as the thing empties out every so many min/hours, SO's toy. Have large white passenger jet on other railing for wind direction.
                Hope you all have a great weekend. Looking for another win from Packers on Sunday, see if they can pull it off...again!!!
                hugs/love to all, kat :)

Comment

Carol, glad to hear your cervical surgery recovery is going well. The thing I remember most about my recovery was the shock I had at how much the surgery took out of me. It takes a long time to get your energy back so be patient with it and work on doing a little bit more each week instead of something big because you feel better. Your body will remind you when you overdo it.

Kat, we have been getting a lot of rain too and we are facing flooding again but it isn't to bad yet. Enjoy the Packers win later today.

It hasn't been a good week but I knew going on the trip would take a week or so to get over. One good thing is I am getting a lot of sleep but that isn't any fun really. I hope the coming week is much better. Maybe the good days will start later today.

Comment

Kat...I had ACDF 3-7. Because it was so extensive, doc said wait at least 3 months for the throat to return to normal. Each day is a little tiny bit better.

Mark...Thanx for words of encouragement. My neighbor suggested maybe some iron would help too. I had alot of extensive bruising in my chest after surgery and maybe I do need to replenish some of that.

Our weather is pretty nice here in Pittsburgh. Surprising for this time of year that it has been in the 50's and NO snow. Yipppeeee, I hate snow.
                    Hope all are doing well and getting ready for the holidays!!
                    2011 ACDF levels 3-7

Comment

Carol, I have to wonder about all the bruising. I guess I have just been spoiled by my OSS and how meticulous he is about tying off blood vessels. Even with the 11 hour surgery I didn't require a blood tansfusion and that is amazing to me but just as amazing the same thing happened with my thoracic fusion despite having a rib removed and a 14" scar. How he can keep me from bleeding enough to not need a transfusion is amazing to me. You have been having good weather to take short walks increasing the lenght each week but who knows how long that will last.

Kat, I watched the Packers pull off a close game yesterday against the Giants. Another week without a loss. I hope you are doing ok and not having one of your strokes setting you back.

No sleep for me so far. I need to get out and do some things, like the doctors for my injection, so I will try and stay up this morning and get a nap in this afternoon if I need it. I have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow so I need to decide if I should reschedule or trust I can wake up. I did another section of rails and styles for the basement walls. I need to buy more wood to finish but that means a trip this weekend. The next step is to put up the trim for each box I made then prepping it before painting. I will eventually get it done and then I need to finish the trim for the flooring. This coming Spring I need to put in a vent fan in the kitchen wall.

Comment

What am I doing wrong friends? I hit "reply to thread", wind up in 'quick reply', hit ' go advanced', I get regular 'post' like always....all set, everything ready, says it's 'done'.....start to type, won't take anything, anywhere. Don't understand. Is it me, my puter, or BT? How's it working for everyone else? :o I hit the 'smiley' button above here, get only ones posted like in regular post but that's all. I'm ready to write BT, ask them.......unless one of you has an answer.

Been a bad time lately, pain so I sleep. Missed that close game yesterday; heard it pended on that last point kick, thank goodness he made it. Can't believe they've come so far w/o a loss. Only have gone to see one game; told SO if I go now I'd hex them...glad I stayed home, slept day away.

Wash day today, all I can manage besides supper. fish which is easy. But going to do it sitting down in one of my walkers; pain didn't keep me awake much but when I got out of bed it hit like a semi. I'm getting so very sick of this. It's so depressing for me, and I was doing so good with that, and I'm still trying to keep it at bay. Have lots to do be Christmas; cleaning house big project, at least for me.....God, wasn't going to come here and whine again.......sorry to you all.

My granddaughters live in country, have to wait for schoolbus which gets very cold in winter, obviously. We saved up for xmas this year, getting girls and little Sam some silk underwear, myself also. They'll be nice and warm standing there. Go snomobiling, have cabin up north, thought great idea for them. They have sooooo many colors, asked for Kim's advice on that, glad I did. She picked out colorful items, whereas I picked neutral items, just incase they stuck out at school. Of course little Sam gets camouflage like his daddy He'll be three.....Sam that is altho Daddy plays a good three yr old too when he's up to it. So I'll have to use a plain piece of paper, type in what I want as what I wrote in order blank is toast, print it out, lets not forget the money, mail it

Carol, glad you're feeling better, understand a bit where your surgery was done, but don't like sound of what sounmds like lots of bruising down your neck. Have you called your surgeon doc, or gone in to see your surgeon? I recall when I had my spinal surgery in '84, had 3 pts of blood, my BP was in the toilet. I do hope you feel better very soon hon but can see if surgery was in front of neck? that you might have bruised alot but still check with doc, please.

Mark, thanks for asking about me; I've been outta whack for a long time; Use cane constantly as I can't walked straight. My balance is is not there anymore and the list goes on; very much mush mouth, most times SO can't understand me; I gt angry having to repeat all the time.....but he's not much better when he talks so we're even. Kitty has a pattern to her meows at certain times of day, you know exactly wht she want. Time to go, somethings coming on. Love, hugs, kat

Comment

Kat, I don't know or even think you are doing anything wrong. I had that problem for one day but haven't had it happen since. I hope you get it worked out and not be bothered by it anymore. Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time lately. The game came down to the last kick as the Giants had scored to take the lead with 45 seconds left. Two big pass plays later and the Packers were ready to kick a medium range fg to win. I remember what it is like to have your team win 12 in a row as the Colts had several seasons like that. Hard to believe they haven't won a game this year but maybe they will change coaches as they need to do. Sounds like you have most of your Christmas shopping done. I know shopping on-line makes life a lot easier for me. I understand thr frustration with communication as I can't hear on the phone very well at all any more. Really I can't hear very well at all and people have to repeat things to me although it is much worse on some days and better many days.

I didn't sleep last night but did get a morning nap in. I was able to do some of the wood work done and now I am out of wood so I will have to wait to get more, probably after Christmas expenses are taken care of. Penny and I really like how it looks, not much like a basement any more especially if we put in a ceiling and cover up the floor joist.

Comment

Kat, you think you are having computer issues. My son reprogrammed my computer and I was working on bookmarking my sites so I googled braintalk and logged on. The site looked odd and I went ahead and posted but it said I was a new poster. I started checking some of the names and realized I was on a different site so I tried again and found our place. I hope you are feeling better today.

I didn't a lot today except renew my driver's license and visit the dentist. Thanks to one of the SEs, that is dry mouth, I have a number of cavities to be filled. Does anyone else have it done without numbing? I don't feel it and the bit I do feel don't measure to the pain I feel each day so I put up with it for a few minutes versus the uncomfortable feeling of a numb mouth most of the day. Tyrel and I are off to officially WD him from college. He is talking to military recruiters and deciding on the AF or the Army. This way he can have his school loans paid off and has four years to decide what to do along with serving his country. It feels good to see him choose a path for himself.

Comment

Hello my spiney friends! While I have been MIA, you are all in my thoughts. Kind of like Mel, I have been in a pc funk. Not really online at all. I have spent huge amounts of time reading my nook. It just really helps me unwind and relax.

Kat sounds like you have a bit of xmas shopping done :) I am trying to get there. How has the weather been? We have enjoyed some seriously mild weather lately here but that is all changing tomorrow. I am not going to be liking it...lol

Mark I glanced back quick through the pages and it looks likw you had a nice trip for the holiday. It would wear me out also. Glad Tyrell is finally choosing a career path. I love how it will help pay for college. What a great way to plan. He sounds like a wonderful young man you have raised. How is your daughter and Emery? Have you guys started the xmas shopping?

I have been doing my usual running myself ragged and the pain levels have been through the roof. I dont get it...I go to one store and I feel awful. I just cant wait to get somewhere so I can sit and rest. It hit me today how bad it has become. I felt like crap the rest of the day. Of course I still had more to do but I was feeling like an 8 or 9 pain level all afternoon and evening. Nerontin is working mostly for the nerve pain (dr has increased me to 400mgs 3 x's a day) but pain meds arent even working anymore. It makes you wonder if something else is going on. I am not one to go to dr or complain about pain at home or even let it stop me....but lately I just dont understand why its as bad as it is. Im not sure I even want to go. Think a reg dr visit for a physical and blood work would be a good step...one of these days!

On the plus side I think I am almost done getting the kids stuff for xmas. Money is tight but tney were well taken care of in my opinion...lol. I still have a few more people and gift cards to get. The thought tires me out. December is always a crazy time with school events, basketball and just preparing and being ready for the big day. I put the tree up yesterday and T was sooo happy. I personally wanted to wait till like the 15th but everyone else had theirs up so she kept asking. This weekend we have 2 adult xmas parties to attend. I wouldnt mind skipping both and hanging home in my jammies!!
                              Ok going to try and sleep some. Hands have been burning something awful even in the braces so I dont get huge amounts of uninterrupted sleep.
                              Praying everyone is well and I will check in soon!!
                              Hugs!!!
                              ~*~*~*~*~*~
                              Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

I like the change in the way the page looks for Christmas.

Brigette, it is good to see you again. I give you permission to skip the parties as you need to take care of your body. It is yelling at you about doing too much which is what pain is. You surely have some nerves irritated. Darrin, Megan, and Emery are doing well. They love their house and do some things to improve it each month. Penny and them took Emery down to the city hall park to see Santa and then watch the Christmas parade. Unfortunately I was sleeping and missed out on it. We have our tree and decorations done along with all the Christmas presents bought.

Comment

Working...
                                X