Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Room and everyone that stops by

Good to hear from you Brigitte, glad you stopped in for an update. As usual you've been a busy woman, and as usual wish you could give me some of your energy :) I've lost many posts to cyberspace esp. the longer ones; I now, after writing them, copy them, just in case. In case they 'fly away', can repost original. Don't trust my machine nor internet anymore. If I took my laptop to bed kitty would be all over it as she doesn't appreciate me looking at a magazine etc if it doesn't include her <G> Can only imagine how she'd 'kill' it right off the bat<G> But you know I'd not let her near it. She gets her personal time, and is quite the pampered kitty. I'm sorry you been hurting so much hon. You're kids have grown enough that there's no reason they can't help out with family chores. Our girls had chores, turned 16 had parttime jobs, plus those chores; by the time they left the nest they also learned how to take care of their vehicles, changing tires, oil etc. If they still lived at home, had full time jobs, paid rent, (not much).....believe had their own insurance for their cars/trucks too. But didn't take long before marriage bug hit and they were gone :( Again, Brig, good to hear from you......drop in again when you have time.....don't forget the hint I gave you about making a copy of your post. (Sure something wrong with this puter too as on internet each page comes up, says 'done, but with errors on page'.......) hope you feel better soon, less pain hon.

Oh, Mrs.Q....my heart goes out to you and MrQ hearing this news. Sounds like you're saying he went in hospital for UTI and maybe the bone infection - supposed to come home after infections cleared?, that's when they found the tumor/cancer? My prayers are with MrQ and you, lots of prayers, love, and hugs. Please keep writing when you can, updated, so we know how things are going.......just don't forget to get some rest yourself so you don't get sick. If walking those hospital floors get to be too much for you, please have someone, as you walk in, wheel you to MrQ's room, as they gladly will wheel you back down; all you have to do is call or let a nurse know after you're done visiting with hubby.

Mel, how you doing? Miss hearing from you......hope your infections didn't get worse, you're feeling ok, just quiet.

Mark, a sleep day? or working on the house?

Everyone take care, pray your pain is manageable, you can sleep well.........tomorrow's another day :)
    Hugs to all, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Bridgette, don't worry, my work is miniscule compared to what you do. Even working on the kids project I am only good for about 20 minutes or so. I do need to get back to projects around the house though before it turns cold. We hope the truck just has a dead battery as it is several years old. Tyrel is having a good time at school and seems to really enjoy it. He is much happier and energetic when he comes home now.

Sounds like you had the early stages of WD when you didn't take your meds for a few days. It is a shame none of us can get our pain under control and still be able to do the things we want. You are just going to have to find a way to cutback on what you do. So many times we make our lives too busy and it isn't easy to cutback.

Kat, yes I was sleeping today as I seem to have my nights and days turned around right now. Come to think of it though I was up for a long time yesterday so maybe I am just catching up on sleep. I see your kitty takes priority over you and your laptop:).

Mrs Q, what awful news. I pray it is just a benign tumor that won't cause any additional trouble. Hang in there and let us know how the two of you are doing.

Yesterday I went to the doctor, hardware store, and put in another outdoor light for the kids but this past day I slept all day. Not much going on other than reading Sandi's post and hearing the bad news about her 18 year old behavior. I hope to get a nap in and then be up during the day. Take care all.
      1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
      2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Kinda figured you were 'out' for the day, Mark. We have that in common It sure does screw our sleeping patterns up, huh? Then that night I'm lucky to get maybe 3-4 hrs of sleep if at all. Nice to hear you're able to help the kids; this weekend might be their move in, right? Hoping you get the beautiful weather we'll be having too! We moved twice since married.....both times in worst weather but had no choice.

I'd say this is our Indian Summer which we didn't much of last fall. Temps in high 70's to 80 for maybe a week.....perfect weather for me. We're planning on taking a drive to take in the fall colors, stop at a eatery this weekend....altho not sure why as all we have to do is look out the window; have a gorgeous hill across the road. Think the squirrels are having fun high in trees as suddenly there'll be a ton of leaves fall

Our hawk has been gone for a long time, and finally the birds are coming back to eat/drink. Will really know winter's setting in when the Junco's return between now and middle of month...any day now. Little fat bellied black birds, yellow beaks, black eyes, white belly. Cutest little things. Some have returned we haven't seen since the hawk decided to live here.......very happy to see them all again. Only one type missing - the various woodpeckers; they love suet, in a cage so they can get a hold, but noone eating it - yet.

Pain level is high today all over......never read if fibro can be a come/go deal......do know it can come/stay for long periods. Just so I'm ready for Saturday as I know both SO and I will be sore after sitting/driving but it'll be worth it. Hope some of you, if where you live trees are turning, get out to see all the great colors!! ENJOY!!! Hugs, kat..........prayers to all.
        TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat, enjoy the drive among the trees. Our area is all forest and hills and once the trees start turning colors it is beautiful. Our area needs to promote it more so we could get more tourist business in town. Sounds like you have been doing a lot of bird watching. Glad to hear some of your favorites have come back now that the hawk has left. We are having an Indian summer down here too and it has really been nice. The kids moved into the house last night. They still have some things to get moved in the house but they have enough to spend the nights and get ready for work the next day. Thankfully they will get their cats on Sunday as Penny and I have had our fill of them.

I was up all night and day so I hope to sleep tonight. Tyrel came home this weekend, he has Fall break, along with all his laundry:). Everyone is coming over Sunday for dinner after church. I got my new TV mounted on the wall today as Penny wants the tiles stripped off the concrete floor in the basement so we can stain the concrete floors. I had been pushing for this option as I love the look and it is much cheaper than other options. Later this Fall or Winter I will be framing up a bedroom so when visitors come they can have some privacy. I will be putting in a new vanity in the basement bathroom. Have a good night everyone.
          1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
          2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Fall break from college already Mark? That went fast. Hope he knows how to use the washing/dryer machines so Penny doesn't have to do it all. You've got lots of great projects ahead of you; just take your time. With all that you should sleep great this winter

Another gorgeous day here. We're in an area which attracts tourists for bikers and drivers especially in fall but in summer too. Very hilly, woodsy.

Guess you're not crazy about cats? Or they've just been there too long. Do they get in trouble? Mine isn't alowed on kitchen counter, well-mannered when it comes to staying off things she shouldn't be on. She does love back of couches, birds eye view of everything, one has a high pillow, great for sleeping.

Hope you got some sleep, have a great visit w/Tyrel......how long will he be home. Great news about the kids moving in their new home too....YEAH!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend, hugs, kat

Comment

I'm so far behind, I'll never catch up! sigh.... But I did catch the bad news MrsQ, that is so sad. I will be praying for both of you. I can only imagine what you are both going through.

Brigitte, I bet your laptop is just jealous of all the time you are spending with the Nook & iPad ;)

Congrats on the new laptop Kat, I bet you'll have a lot of fun with it. Unless you are like me and never learn all the stuff your computer can do, lol!

Sorry to hear Penny had a bad reaction Mark, I hope they are able to find her something that works without causing bad side effects for her.

I haven't been sick per say, just really exhausted. Today was the first day I went without a nap! Earlier in the week it was 3-4 hour naps every day! I don't feel bad though, so maybe it's a fibro flare, cuz all my pains were up.

Family is good. The Marine called today on the way home from the doctor to tell me my grandson has gained a pound now! Hard to believe he's already a month old! Time goes so quickly.

I'm sure I've missed people, I'm really sorry about that, it's not intentional. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! The weather is to be gorgeous here, I hope you are as blessed :)
              -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
              -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
              -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels

Comment

Hey Mel, good to hear from you. Just figuring out Solitaire on the laptop, made a bit of headway yesterday moving cards from one stack to another....all by accident mind you Except I too easily forget my 'accidents':o Miss my mouse, yup I sure do. Reading direction on their mouse, use one finger for something, two for other....

Glad the Marine is still home.....for how long? Long time I pray. Being home to watch his child in growing stages. Family has to be happy as a clam....not sure right saying. Hope you feel better soon and your pain levels come down soon, hon

Think we are still going for a drive today, check out the beautiful colors, today or never as it's windy today, leaves flying. Headed north, good direction for extra color and where the sun will be.....SO has bad emphazema, do mean bad, asthma; last 6 months, he's been coughing alot, then got that cold which is better. Has heart failure too. Saturdays being a diabetic gets up at usual work week time, breakfast, back to sleep, which he's doing now. I try to be quieter to he can get as much snooze time in as possible. See how he feels as far as driving when he wakes up.

My night wasn't great, lots of pain and kitty didn't help, in/out of bed; picky kitty too where she wants to sleep. Has anyone ever have just their bones (long) hurt when you press on them? I've been going thru that alot last 6 months, just bones, not muscles. Figure with both going at it, fibro.

Also have terrible itching last month or so same side as I had BC....under my arm, breast, chest, sterum. Thought maybe when they fixed my rotator cuff 2-3 yrs ago, nerves are finally giving me trouble?

Well SO just woke up so I can get ready to pick up a few grocery items and see some scenery.

Mark hope Penny's doing better, and you're enjoying your time with Tyrel; kids enjoying their new house?

Great temps here in WI, lots of sun, clear skies, clouds off to north, just so they stay there. Hope you all can enjoy this weekend w/o too much pain.....ya'll take care. Hugs to all, especially Mr & MrsQ. kat

Comment

Kat, I hope you and SO could get out and see the colors today. It was really nice here again. Sorry to hear about the increased pain and the particular kitty. I finished stripping the tile today and it wasn't an easy job. The kids are loving having a house for themselves and will have a house warming party next weekend.

Melanie, it is good to hear from you and I understand the exhaustion and not feeling like getting on the computer. You are right about the little ones growing so fast. It is good that your Marine will be out before he is due to rotate overseas next time. It is a tough life for parents as the spouse becomes a single spouse and the child misses out on on mom or dad during an important point in their life.

I had an early start to the day as I had to go to the rental place to get the "ripper stripper". It was an all day job with all the breaks I had to take. It is nice to get that done but now I need to strip the floor of the glue. Depending on how clean the concrete gets will determine if we stain the floor or paint the floor. Everyone is coming over for dinner after church. It will be good to have them all together again.

Comment

Got our ride in Saturday; perfect day for checking out trees/color. May be a dud by next weekend. Picked up groceries; by end of that both of us were dying; hate cement floors. I slept all of Sunday while SO sat on his stool in garage, defrosted our little freezer. In his note this a.m. Our baseball team, Brewers won and needed that win to go on to next/last playoffs. Packers won too...very proud of both of them. Have great day, hugs, kat

Comment

Hi! I'm dropping in to say hi! It's been a busy week at work along with juggling sick kids.

Mrs. Q - Sorry to hear about your husband's kidney cancer.

puddykat - Pay attention to the itching and look for triggers. If food makes it worse, then you could have a gallbladder problem. Liver and gallbladder issues present with severe itching due to the toxins building up in the skin irritating the nerves. Unfortunately, I've got 1st hand experience with this itching.

Comment

Boy that was a long sleep as I have gone for two days not being awake for more than 30 minutes at a time. I guess stripping the basement floor of tile took far more out of me than I knew. I figured I was going to pay a price but didn't think it would be two days of sleep.

New cervie, sorry to hear about the sick kids. I hope they get well soon. Life sure keeps us busy when pain takes so much from us.

Kat, glad you got the car ride in. I live in a basement with concrete floors so you would be in real trouble if you were here. We are leaning towards cork flooring which will make it much softer. I hope you are feeling better after your day of sleep.

Doesn't seem like much has been going on here while I slept the time away. I hope our other members are doing well and check in soon.

Comment

Hi All!
                          Mark that is some serious sleep going on!! Your body is telling yo to slow it down! Hopeyour feeling better and much mre rested. Hope the family is well!

Mel I have missed chatting with you! How is everyone? You need to give me a call to catch up. I will be home tomorrow after 11 I hope. Had to do yuckywalmart run to stock back up!

Kat how are u loving the new laptop? Has it turned cool by you? Fall is definetly here in the Hudson Valley. I find it so depressing...the trees are starting to look beautiful but some are falling and that means snow :( I so do not want SNOW!!

Newcervie tis the season for sick kids :( How old are they? I dislike when they get sick. Makes for long days and restless nights!

Not much new here...just my usual running. I have been doing too much and I know it. I did take an easy morning yesterday and hopeto have a quiet afternoon tomorrow before the gang is home from school for the weekend. I actually printed some pics & hope to get back to scrapbooking. I literally have thousands in supplies & used to do it so much. Since Taigan was born, I havent had time. Her poor album has not much in it & Logan has 3 albums. I have a lotto catch up on.

Taigan had practice for cheer tonight. 2 hours long....thats too long for 6 & 7 yr olds. We didnt get out till 8. Heck most nights she is sleeping by then. A few more weeks & cheer will be done. The week after that, I am signing her up for gymnastics. Logan is signed up for 2 basketball leagues & will try out for the school team next month. I have a feeling life will get much crazier soon!!

Yesterday was 1 year since my neck surgery. I dont have a clue as to how the fusion is doing. I havent been to my surgeon as I walked away disappointed last time. He wasnt being helpful & just wants me to do the injections (ESI's). Those things are useless!! So while the low back slowly gets worse, nervepain increasing, I just ignore it. Being a spiney is sooo much fun!!!

Well time to try and sleep. I hope to pop in soon. I bought this new pen for the ipad to type with. So much easier. Its got a cool rubber tip that u use to tap with. Love new toys....LOL
                          ~*~*~*~*~*~
                          Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

Had our Indian Summer, really into fall, cool temps, lots of wind. SO and I thought by this wkend it would be lousy trying to find color. Our woods is almost bare, hello neighbors<G> 47 temp for us; everyone else getting the chill factor also?
                            Haven't used laptop, spent most of week sleeping, getting rid of this cold. Felt like I had a fur ball in my lung. Feeling much better. Hope all is well with everyone. Someone was having, eventually, spinal surgery, a guy, darn can't remember his name.......where are you? Please check in, let us know if you've made a decision, how you're feeling.
                            Prayers to Mr and Mrs Q and to everyone. Lotsa love too.......kat

Comment

Our Big News Megan and Darrin got married yesterday. They got married at the City Hall and called all the parents to come down to Penny's office. They were all smiles and looked very pleased. Megan and Emery looked beautiful in their dresses.

Kat, we are getting cooler weather too. Sorry to hear the leaves are all down, ours are just starting to show some color and I know it won't last long. Big Joe was the one getting surgery and I think it was yesterday so he is recovering right now.

Brigitte, I will slow down once we get the new flooring in the basement. We are going with cork snap and click floating floor with a cork underlayment for the family room and staining the concrete for the rest of the basement. Then I will slow down as I only need to paint the one window before winter. I agree that 2 hours is too long for that age to practice cheering. You are right to expect things to get crazy soon with the activities your kids are in. It is good to hear you are able to slow down now and then. 1 year since your surgery, boy time flies. I hear you about being a spinie as my pain levels are up and staying that way for now.

Well I had a busy day scrapping up the tile in the basement, just along the edges the big machine couldn't get. Then I went over to help the kids get their house ready for the party and got the job of laying tile in the entry. My knees are shot and I can't hardly walk. They just have to hang in there to get our new flooring in, I hope it is delivered within the week. Then I will take it easy and give my body a chance to recover. I just wish I could sleep tonight since the party is in another 8 hours and my mom is coming down. I can sleep in Sunday if necessary so I don't worry about it.

Comment

Mark that is such wonderful news!! Hope you took lots of pics? You have to share one of both the little ladies!
                                The flooring sounds cool but not too easy. I hope you ask for help if u need it!

Just the usual running this weekend! Hoping tomorrow is somewhat quiet for me. I forgot to mention that 2 weeks ago Taigan got on Logans old bike and took off without training wheels. She did awesome! Here is a link to the pic...gotta love her bike!!
                                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I have a few more to share but can only do 1 at a time on ipad. Will check in soon!
                                Last edited by logannamath; 10-16-2011, 06:21 PM.
                                ~*~*~*~*~*~
                                Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X