Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe, glad you got your xrays back showing you where the surgery will be done. I assume you have confidence in your surgeon, and you're just scared going through the procedure. I feel all the feelings you have now with all that's wrong with me; I'll go for happy any time Just keep giving us updates as you get them.

Mark my sleep day was yesterday; missed a weekend for a change; yeah!!! Sounds like moving that couch was very tricky business; glad the supervisor could wake up long enough to help them w/o taking parts of the door frame with them So happy you got all that sleep!!! About time.

Rainy day here, very cool temps; saying next week temps in low 70's but they said that for this week so guess what....I don't believe them!

Hope all are having a less pain day and enjoying whatever you're doing........hugs, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat, sounds like you are feeling better based on the happy way you posted. I had a good day today compared to normal. I did help Darrin move most of the smaller furniture that was left here in the basement. The only thing left is Emery's crib and small things. Penny is getting ideas on how we will fix up the basement now that we have the whole basement now. I have been moving some things into my wood shop and I hope to have it all in by this weekend. I caught up on my sleep this morning since I didn't sleep much last night. I hope to get to sleep soon tonight. I did get a new TV since our other TV died. I wanted a bigger one down here for the football games so we put the other flat TV up stairs.

Joe, I hope you get more comfortable with the idea of another surgery. It isn't easy to think about going through another but I can tell you that it can work great for us based on my experience.

I wonder where our other friends have been lately. I hope to hear from them soon to find out how they are doing.
      1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
      2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Hi everyone
        glad to see some have made it to the site it seems very quiet compared to the old site, most of the forums are quiet, but i am back as well now.
        Dianne

Comment

Hi! I wasn't around this week as I was dealing with a flare of my gallbladder issues and dealing with an unhappy lumbar spine from lying on a table for 2 hours for the gallbladder function test. Most people with GB problems see an immediate increase in symptoms during the test. Mine came later on in the day and hit really hard. So the general surgeon who ordered the test talked with the GI doctor and they want additional tests before going the route of removing the GB. At least they're being cautious and thorough.

No word from the insurance company yet regarding the status of the bill.

On a good note, Steph finally started crawling this week. She's been working on walking and cruising along furniture for awhile but is a late bloomer to crawling. We figured she just wasn't going to crawl as she scooted around on her bottom. She is 13 months old today.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Comment

Hello all
            Beautiful day in WI, finally got past wind, hail, rain altho it's still in the chilly department, some wind but definitely not as bad as it was (gusts to 70 mph!!). We were very lucky our trees stayed put, our electricity stayed on whereas the southern part of state had more problems. :( Looking for low 70's early in the week but have to feel it to believe it Trees starting to turn colors faster each day.

My excitement meter went off the charts when SO pointed out that three doe (deer) were coming from field across road onto our property, went into the woods.......graceful gazells (sp?) they were, yes indeedy. Just gorgeous beyong words. I do love my animals. When we first moved in told SO one day I'll be working in garage, one will go right past the window.......not 2 months later one did! More

Of course today watching Brewers baseball. Tomorrow not sure how to work it as Packers/Brewers playing at the same time. Think we're staying home instead of going to our fave pub. SO already cut the grass today, running errands at the moment, have a relaxing day on Sunday with no place to go.

I slept late as it was a painful night and couldn't get to sleep until about 4 a.m., slept til 11:30. Woke up to my granddaughter saying 'hello, grandma".... Steve is in construction, getting us a storm door for front door. I thought they were out there working....got up, noone around; SO had this funny smirk on his face but didn't say a thing. Waited for him to go to garage, checked front door, no new door. Funny what we dream at times........Glad her 'hello' woke me or I'd probably be in bed all day.

Also pray not getting his cold; very achy, sore throat, cough..........nuf.

Newcervie, so sorry to hear of your gall bladder issues. How many tests must you take to figure out how to remove it? Altho I don't know what other problems might be involved. Everything will go fine so stay positive hon.......fun to watch the little ones move/groove to their own tunes, huh?<G> So very cute.
            Have you seen new diaper commercial for babes on the run.....catch em, pull off old, pull up new. IMHO it's so not worth buying, unless the child is older, mostly poddy trained.....and then..........<G>

Joe, keep hanging tough, know you can do it. Do know from experience it can be scary; seems like forever before they 'get down to business' and finally it's all over with; will go faster than you think! My prayers are with you; sending you what toughness I have left too

Mark that day I wrote was feeling fiesty, love feeling that way. Today's not one of those days but could be worse. Nice to hear the kids have your basement almost empty so you and Penny can make plans for it.
            Hope you're both having fun exchanging ideas.

Have to get back to TV, check the score on that Brewer game......they made the......can't think of the name, naturally. Take care everyone........and for our MIA's, please check in so we know you're all ok.

Love to all, kat
            TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Sorry Dianne, forgot to say a special hello to you. I usually don't apologize but I will again as I don't remember you. Happy you're back!! Checked your profile, and you're from the 'land down under'. I've seen so many beautiful pics from Australia and areas with lots of problems. I'm glad you've found your way back to us, hope you'll stay. Could you tell me something about yourself re: spinal problems. Mine are in signature. Hope you are doing well. Already forgot things you like to do but do recall you're very creative and artistic. Talented lady. Is there any place you've posted your creations? Would love to see some ofthem. I just resigned from FaceBook.....but if you have something there I'm sure I'd be able to get in with a link from you. Mind you, only if want. Please stay in touch ..........hugs, kat

Comment

Kat, you have been active on the site. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling as good as the other day. I know what you mean about the deer as I see them at my mom's house as they go across the field. Thanks for telling the newcomers hi.

newcervie, sorry to hear about the bladder problems especially since the test causing a lumbar flare. Good the doctors are being careful because many thoracic spinies first get diagnosed as gall bladder problems when it is the thoracic symptom. The young one will be running ragged once she gets walking more. Our granddaughter has just gone through that and she motors around all the time now.

dianne, glad to have you back. I hope you hang around the room with us and have some fun.

I was busy sleeping all day and night yesterday. I woke up about 4 am today and have been trying to recovery. The bad thing is that I feel sick each day after sleeping so long as it takes a while for my bodily functions to get going. I hope everyone has a great day. It is pretty here but a bit cool although it is a great day for watching college football games like I do.
                1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
                2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

I did much better today despite not sleeping last night and only getting in a fitful nap this morning for 3 hours. Penny and I went out for an early breakfast hoping to start feeling good enough to go to church. By the time we got back though I wasn't feeling very good and she was having her new med kick in so we both tried to sleep. I was a beautiful day out today but I took it easy most of the day. I did get over to put up one of the outside lights at the kids house. The tile they had put down in the bathroom is nice. Between the tile, painting the cabinets black, new mirror, and lights they have really transformed the bathroom. They hope to be fully moved in by this coming weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves today.

Comment

Think I have this right???? Brewers baseball in WI going for the Penent (SP?), having play-offs now. They won their division, had their first pay-off yesterday and WON!!!!

Packers played and won yesterday also. They've won 4 out of 4. Both teams hot to trot so far. Would be cool now that Packers won SuperBowl that the Brewers would win their title. I think they'd both be winning in the same year? 2011...Pack just one early in year, Brew Crew would be winning later in year.

They both played at same time yesterday. SO went to pub for part of Packer game, came home, grilled steaks while I slept the day away. QUOTE MARK---I was busy sleeping all day and night yesterday. I woke up about 4 am today and have been trying to recovery. The bad thing is that I feel sick each day after sleeping so long as it takes a while for my bodily functions to get going. END QUOTE---That's how I feel Mark; takes me awhile to get the grogginess to go away too. Some days I'd like to go right back to bed. Only did that once but didn't go back to bed, just slept 2 days straight, like a log. Napping has to be hard on trying to sleep through the night, but sure your meds don't help either.

Always give kitty a small breakfast/lunch (1st meal of day) then wait 1/2 hr to make sure it's going to stay down. Today it stayed down, gave her a little more, took one bite, everything came back up, luckily right back into the her bowl. Vet had her on very small dose of Previcid, ground, add water, measure out in syringe, give once at night. She went one month w/o getting sick, then back to same course of 2-4 times a month always breakfast. No more Previcid, doesn't seem to work, and she has to other meds she takes twice a day. She never chews food, gulps, usually licks ones w/gravy dry first, then gulps rest. Dry food was vomited alot, does much better on canned.

Great to hear that the kids bathroom is done, they should be moving this weekend....we shall see, weather will tell more. Heard we should be getting in mid to upper 70's this week...this too we shall see

Back to the wash, still thinking on supper......hope all are feeling ok...hugs to all, kat

Comment

Have new laptop......tried it a bit on Friday, not used to one w/o a mouse<G> Not your usual computer so have to get out the directions, figure things out. SO said he'd show me, hasn't yet. In 1984 when we got our first puter he would show how to operate that one which he never did so I did it myself. Sure I can figure this one out too. Just not connected to modem yet (right word) so can't get to internet. hugs, kat

Comment

Kat, you seem to be doing ok on the new computer. Wisconsin must be rolling as the Brewers, Packers, and Badgers[Wisconsin University is 4-0] are winning. The Badgers beat undefeated Nebraska Saturday night by 27 points. Sorry to hear your cat is back to having problems again. I will be glad to get rid of the two that are living in our house right now.

I was able to sleep today so I don't know how much I will tonight. Tyrel wanted to come home this past weekend but the truck wouldn't start so I had to find a garage to tow it in and work on it. Penny had a bad reaction to her new medication so she stayed home sick today. She was feeling really bad as she doesn't do well with medication. I helped Darrin move a few more things over to the house this evening. They have finished the bathroom so they will be able to move in this weekend. I need to get over and finish the two last lights Megan wants changed. I need to focus on the projects I have here soon as I have a storm window that I need to put back in and get the double window repainted while the weather is good enough. Then I will be working on the basement this winter.

Comment

Mark your post always make me tired, your to do list is never ending. I'm glad the kids are getting in their new home in time to be settled for the holidays.
                          Mr.Q has been in the hospital since Thur so I haven't been around much. I can't stay up there with him like I use to thanks to my stupid back. I go and stay 4-6 hours depending on pain. The worst part is the standing waiting on the elevator actually. I function fine walking it is just pain, I end up stopping 2-3 times to sit..I only have to sit a min and the pain in my leg eases up so I'm thankful for that but still ticks me off. My mother asked me tonight again why don't I get a scooter chair!! I do not understand why she can't get the concept of if I can walk I want to because one day I might not have the choice. It might be a bit easier to ride around but I'm gonna hurt sitting too so might as well burn a few calories off.
                          Sorry for the rant, they are talking about my husband being in the hospital three weeks, I'm not happy about that but just praying him being there that long actually makes things better.
                          I'm sleeping like from 4am-7am each day which is not enough but for some reason those seem to be the hours when the muscle spasms relax. I'm suppose to pick up a new Rx for them today so maybe that will help.
                          At least Auburn & the Saints are doing good!! My university made national news but only because Bret Farve didn't do such a great job being an anchor for the game.....but can't have it all.

Comment

Mark, still using our old puter; haven't connected to outside world with the laptop yet.......have to figure out how to transfer data from our clunker to the laptop. It'll be awhile before I get anywhere. Sorry Penny had problems with her new meds. My bod very seldom tolerates new pills; that's why I try to fight 'the enemy' on my own and usually win. WI is going crazy with all our teams doing so well; it's great!

MrsQ, so very sorry to hear hubby is in the hospital again. Our local hospital is smaller, little easier to walk but they do offer a wheelchair ride if you'd like. When SO was in the large hospital in Milwaukee for 6 weeks, I was there every day; they didn't have scooters but after a long stretch of walking, changing floors, another elevator, walking I did let the gentleman give me a ride. I've never seen such a lay out. Then not long after that SO was in the local hospital for 4 weeks, then back to Milw. for 6 weeks...all that after problems w/heart surgery... So we've both done our share of walking the floors, huh? Cement is nasty to walk on too. Sounds like you should take a day off, stay home, talk to MrQ by phone, get some rest. Sure hope those new meds help those spasms. Hope MrQ hurries up and gets better too. We don't want you getting sick hon.

You all take care wherever you are......heard weather is going to warm up...and for the weekend too!!! YEAH!!!! Smarty SO asked me Monday what I'd like to do this weekend.....a whole week to think...I need all that time too<G> Take care, have wonderful rest of week and suddenly it'll be TGIF! hugs, kat

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I typed a long reply the other day & then cyberspace ate it up. Its such a pain typing on the ipad or nook. I still havent figured out why my pc is being on the fritz. Its a good machine & i baby it. some kind of video card issue. I am usually very good at fixing issues. Heck i do everyone elses...why cant i fix mine. Hopefully i will get time for it soon.

Mark sounds like the kids are good to go with moving in. You are just as bad as me with all your working. what happened to Tyrells truck? Poor kid. Bet he is missing you guys. How are his classes going? Is he liking school?

Kat you will love that new laptop eventually. Its great to just take it and plop into bed with it...so much easier to me. I no longer have desktops in our house. We each have our own laptop. Enjoy it! Hope it warmed up by you. It was freezing here the last few days...My spine is hating this cold!!

MrsQ hope your hubby is out sooner than 3 weeks. Why is he in for so long :( I agree with you. Walk while you can...scooters sound great but until you absolutely need them, then push it off.

Mel where have you gone to? How is the family?

Hi Dianne...hope the new forums dont drive you too crazy. i dont love them but they work...sometimes change can make us crazy...lol

I hope I havent missed anyone? I havent been on in a while. Life hasnt stopped being busy & downtime is very hard to come by. I have been spending a lot of time reading on my nook.I just love it sooo much! The kids are good but with school, cheer, homework, tutoring, friends & soon to be basketball, some days im not sure if i am coming or going.

Pain levels have been high & i feel like i am never catching up here with cleaning and laundry. I need everyone to help....doesnt seem to change much when i ask...lots of promises but no one follows thru. i did go to neuro last week & he upped my neuronton to 300 mgs. I am still working on my 100's. He wanted me to do 200 with em and then change up to the 3's but that stuff seems rough on my stomach. I am not a faithful taker of them. 2 days I felt really lousy and I realized i didnt take any of it. Can they cause you to feel yuck if you dont stay on schedule with them?

Ok enough from here. I am going to hope this post goes thru. Sleep well my spiney friends!!
                              ~*~*~*~*~*~
                              Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

Found out my husband has kidney cancer/ or a tumor they want to take the kidney out. Before they do that they have to treat the bone infection they found in his hip. if I'm just still in shock. Yesterday it was just a bad uti ...now this

Comment

Working...
                                X