Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5305070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member

Newcervie, Happy 4th to you. It is good to hear your daughter got over the rash from antibiotic without any more reaction that the rash. I hope it is only the one antibiotic she is allergic too.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

I had a pretty good weekend despite the pain. Saturday the kids and grandkids came over. I grilled steaks and chicken then the kids took Emery to a movie [Turbo] while Penny and I kept Audyn. Audyn has so much joy inside her it just bubbles out all the time. I love it that she always reaches for me to hold her when they come through the door. It doesn't take long before she wants down so she can go crawling off to explore. The kids and Emery said the movie was good.

Today Penny and I took Emery to the park so she could go down the slide and swing for a while. The kids were repainting the bathroom so they were busy just taking care of Audyn while painting so Emery was feeling a bit lonely. She had a good time at the park then we took her to the corner root beer stand for some ice cream. She then wanted to come to our house so we brought her over for a while. Penny drew pictures with crayons while Emery did her own drawings [they were using Mr Potato as their model]. After some time in my chair to let my back calm down I went back upstairs to give Penny a break [she was feeling sleepy]. Emery wanted me to read a book to her so I read the new one that came in the mail Reading to Tiger after that it was Wee Little Piggy. Emery likes it when I use different voices for the characters.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Lee got some bad news about her health; I pray that her pain will be controlled and they find a cure for her.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Someone with less persistence would shut down the room as it doesn't seem as if anyone is visiting any more. I am doggedly going to keep it open for a while at least the hope people will want to stop in and visit now and then.

Lee, I am praying for a cure for your spinal cancer. Even though you haven't communicated over the computer I hope you are still talking to others to help take some of the load off your shoulders. I was devastated by your news and hoping you can find a miracle.

I was over at the kids house building a new frame for their front door so it is more secure today. Despite doing too much and suffering the resulting pain it was nice to be needed. The benefit was I got to see the grand daughters for a few minutes when they got home. I need to get back and put up the trim tomorrow if I can get up. I am looking forward to a reunion with our state championship football team in August but dreading the trip [ 6 hours on the road] there and back.

I'm embarrassed to discover it's been well over a year since I popped in here! I'm almost sure Mark will remember me....I hope anyway! I have the now no longer active Marine (Semper Fi!) I see Emery has a new sibling now, I bet that's fun ;) They grow up too fast that's for sure! My desktop computer died awhile back so we only have a laptop, it mostly hates me so I'm not on every day anymore, but I will try and check in more often. This place gave so much to me, and others, I just hate to see it go away. I'm currently not doing so great, another reason I'm not on much, but I'm still here!
    M
    PS. Tell Guido I have a new bikini
    -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
    -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
    -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels

Melanie, it is great to see you again especially in a new bikini,now Guido will be a handful once again. Like you I am not doing very well and have had to decline a trip back North [7 hr drive] for our State Championship team. The two grand daughters are such a treat and good kids that like to come over to our house or have us over. The youngest one always crawls over in a hurry for me to pick her up and then cries in a heartbroken way when I have to put her down and leave. It feels nice to have her love me so much but it is so hard to leave her. The older one always wants to come over to the house with us and it is hard to tell her she has to wait until her parents come over. We do have her over by herself but not as often as she wants to be.

Gad to hear your Marine made it through his service safe and sound. Our son is now in the 82nd Airborne because the Marines didn't have any openings for too long. He is enjoying his time but would like to see our troops home and keep our noses out of other countries business. He is in for 6 years so we have a while to be concerned about where he will be stationed. Right now he is at Fort Bragg but is scheduled to be rotated out in Dec although now that is up in the air. If they do go to Qatar as scheduled then he will go out to LA or CA for intensive training in October.

Are your son and DIL making any plans to make you a grandma? Grandkids are such a joy as we see them under good conditions and when they are fussing they go home with their parents. I am sorry to hear you are doing worse but I guess based on my getting worse it is expected. My mother is now dealing with spinal issues and starting to get an idea of what I have been going through for so many years. She has been supportive but still was concerned about my medication but now she is learning why we need the pain medication. It is sad she is dealing with it now as she has been in such good health until she turned 73.

I am thinking we may be the last two here on the Pain board and Spinal board but I will hang on hoping some new people show up. Please keep coming around as it is good to have someone to talk to.

Well technically I'm a GREAT grandma! My son's wife is older than he and her dd has children. Currently they have custody of an adorable little boy, have since birth, and hope to adopt him soon. We never seen any of them outside a few pictures though. It's hard when many miles separate poor families! My Marine has a lot of issues leftover from his tours, including a TBI, but with time he seems to be improving. I will keep your son in my prayers. It would be so nice if everyone would just get along huh!!

Sure seems like message boards in general are a dying breed, now it's all 'Facebook' and 'Twitter', neither of which I am part of. I've often thought about the early BT days, so much going on. I often wonder about some of the old 'faces'. Like is our old 'Little Flip' off married with a family now?? I don't even know if she ever left London, lol!

Ahhhh well, enough reminiscing for now, meds are trying to kick in ;)
    (((HUGS)))
    -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
    -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
    -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels

Melanie, yes it seems like people are going to FB and twitter but I don't think they consider the public nature of those sites with info about their conditions and medications. I know our site is public but at least it is limited a lot more than FB or twitter is. Sorry to hear your son is dealing with TBI but it is one of the main aspects of today's combat conditions. I do hope time sees him continue to improve. I talked to Tyrel before he went in and didn't pull any punches about what he could face. I knew he had considered getting killed but I told him there were things far worse than dying and we talked about those things and how he could deal with living that way. It is a shame they live so far away from you that you or they can't visit often. I know we are blessed to have our daughter and SIL in town so we can see the grand daughters when we want.

There was a post some time this past year that had people checking in and it was amazing how many aren't around but still read this board now and then. I doubt that "Flip" left London as long as her husband wants to stay there. So many that we used to keep up with and now they have slipped away. I have to admit that this board was my social life since I can't get out much so I have had to find another way to pass time. Lee from our group just got diagnosed with spinal cancer and she quit PMing me along with not posting on the board so I worry about how she is doing. The doctor gave her a year or less to live and once she got the news she dropped off the internet.

Take care and I hope you get to see the grandson soon and their adoption goes through with little trouble.

I missed out on the football reunion but got to see lots of pictures on FB. I had a lost day yesterday so I would have missed the game whether we made the trip or not. Things have come to a stop on this site and I don't know if I should even try posting, I guess I will wait and see,

According to Einstein I am insane because I keep coming here expecting others to be posting. I did get over to the kids house and see the girls. Emery was talking a mile a minute about their trip to the dog park. Audyn was showing me her walking skills. Our son in the Army called, I was having a lost day, and told us he is now in the CIOST here is a link about the job http://www.army.mil/article/23048/CO...x_battlefield/

He says he leaves for Afghanistan in Jan with intensive training going on in Oct and Nov. He plans on coming home in Dec for a leave before leaving to Afghanistan. At least his job isn't the most dangerous job over there but it isn't ever safe for our troops. He is excited about the job and going to Afghanistan so I am okay with it as long as it is something he wants to do. I was hoping our troops would be home by then but I guess we can't trust any politician no matter what they promise when running for the seat [I will leave it there].

Penny has been having a tough week from a physical problems, pancreatic attack and then lumbar problems, as one after another problem cropped up. I helped as much as I could but I was having a week with little energy so I was limited what I could do for her. It wasn't a week to celebrate our 28th anniversary so we are doing it this weekend.

Hello Mark. Remember me? I haven't been here for ages. I'm still nostalgic for the old place. I think I,m as good as its going to get, which is not brilliant. I have problems with hands and arms,coming from neck, and lower back not great either. I'm busy though, thats the key. If I sat around letting myself get depressed about myself I'd go mad. I volunteer at the local hospital, and also the hospice, and a charity bookshop, and I help out in my grandchildren's school one day a week during term time. Sorry to hear your wife had not been well. I believe the pancreas can cause horrible pain, so I hope she is feeling much much better. Are Audyn and Emery your grandchildren. What pretty names.
    I took my two to London during the summer, to show them the sights, and go to a musical, (the Lion King) WONDERFUL, and generally just give them a bit of a treat.We had a lovely four days down there, did a river trip, went on the London Eye, ...all the things that tourists do.

My husband is now in remission after being ill for the best part of a year with cancer, and in and out of hospital.I'm still worried about him, and he's going for a spinal scan shortly, just to check out his spine, as he had secondary cancer there. He doesn't seem too worried, but he covers up, buries his feelings very deeply.
    I'll be thinking about your son, with his stint in Afghanistan, and I wish him the very very best, and God Bless to him, and keep him safe. I'm glad you're still posting here. (the only name I recognise!) good to see you!
    Mary.
    cardiac ablation 1997. prolapsed disc 1992. L5S1 fusion 2003 (failed, bad screw in spinal canal) Lumpectomy 2005, Carpel tunnel bilateral 2005.Prolapses bowel, bladder, uterus, V. Vault rectocele,repaired.2005. Sacral implant failed 2006. further prolapsed bowel. Subsequent ileostomy, removal of colon, rectum,. 2009. removal of bad screw, more metal work L4/5/S1 to stabilise.2010 cervical ADR 2 levels. Hypothyroid. retired 2003, further cervical stenosis problems. on pension& disability

Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5305070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast