Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just popping in to let you know I'm alive, barely. I have some bug that has just wiped me out! Apparently it would be worse if I wasn't taking opioids, if ya get my meanin' ;) Doc says I should start feeling better in a few days. I hope so, it's been over a week now!

Anyway, (((hugs))) And my grandson was born Monday :)
    -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
    -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
    -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels

Comment

Hi everyone!

I was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. I'm definitely weak and taking it easy as I'm not out of the woods yet. My boss called me today and she wasn't happy and said she's going to have bring HR into this. Long story short - I almost quit over the phone. I didn't need this while trying to recover.

Melanie - congrats on the new grandson!

Comment

Melanie and Cervie, so happy you're feeling better and one of you is out of hospital, home again; great feeling. I recall being off for 6 wks for spinal surgery (part time job but in union working for newspaper); had to take extra 2 weeks off. Day released for back to work, came home to mail box notice pink slip.

Wanted badly to go back to that job but with co workers complaining about me, what a place that would be to work; my first taste of puters, luved it! Got settlement from company; they were sold months later, got another unexpected check. So if per chance you are unionized, use em!!

Mel, congrats on that baby; hope one day you can put a pic up of him.

I really came here to vent, hope you don't mind, try not to do it too often esp to SO as he's got enough on his plate......it's turned into such a painful day, probably from scrubbing the floor. Surprised I didn't sleep all day as I'm tired also but didn't get up til 11, got to sleep about 1 or 2 a.m. Like you Mark my hours are so screwed up but I'm in late stages of VaD, vascular dementia, crappy sleep goes along with it, muscle atrophy. Funny some days I can lift 35-40 lbs, others don't even try.

The Pain could be another bout of Fibro too. Wish we could afford a sleep number bed. Wonder if those things really help......anyone know??? Just got finished with long bout of F, don't need another.
        Surely don't want to miss our dinner date; don't get out with couples that often. One place I want to go, for some reason SO won't take me and it's just a little place but make the greatest filapalos (sp?). My appetite's not good at all, find nothing appealing except what I just mentioned. Think I'm mmore vegetarian then anything. Rarely eat beef unless we're out, I love prime rib, order medium size, eat about 4 bites, rest goes home for more meals. Even dining out can never ever finish what I ordered. I don't need the rolls, side stuff which I can make at home.....bring on the good stuff.

Not big on beef at home, maybe homemade soup in winter (SO loves making different soups/stews) but stick to ckn/pork/love fish. I love stirfry; SO has problems with it as he can't eat any of the dark green things; have to peel good vities off. Broccolli's a definite no-no or in very small amts as he has diabetes/thick blood; gets checked once a month.

Was going to write about him but this isn't his place, it's MINE! Veggies are so expensive, gotta buy at just right time; SO does groceries so watches ads like a hawk. Anything happened to him I'd be starting from scratch so I'd better start watching now. Neither of us can stand those cement floors; they make me feel like today.......and no, haven't tried out a scooter yet, scared I'm gonna make someone into roadkill

My memory is out the window.....I've lost things....took jello pudding from frig, haven't found it since, over a week!!. Bring groceries in, some went missing, found them in garbage. You get idea. Time to go SO home. Hope all get good nights rest, pain levels very low......luv to all and gentle hugs, kat
        TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Karen, I missed your post and wanted to say hi. The muscle spasms are my fault but like you said they remind me who is boss. I hope you get dried out before any more rain comes to your area.

newcervie, it is good to hear you are home again. Your boss doesn't sound like one that would be good to work for; you have to wonder what some people are thinking.

Kat, scrubbing the floor, you have to be kidding us right? I know, things have to get done and we don't have too many options other than to do it ourselves. Packers started the season with a win. The Colts are in trouble this year as Manning is out for the year and they don't have a good enough back up to get the job done.

I slept the day away but I could see it coming as I was getting by on 5 hours of sleep or less each day. This is the first day in five I haven't been over at the kid's house doing some work on the door.
          1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
          2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

newcervie... let him go to HR. He will find very quickly that you have definite rights and he has limited power to affect you. Should he harass you then you will have a friend in HR because he already is beginning to violate your rights. Document everything as to who, what, when, and even the time. Document if it is a phone call, e-mail, conversation, or other communication. Be as accurate as you can and you will be able to establish a pattern of harassing behavior that will aid you greatly if needed. Most cases of harassment fail because documentation was not kept.

Comment

Should be a little warmer where you are Mark; we're in mid to high 70 until Thurs when we drop into low 60's again. Leaves turning fast.....haven't seen maples yet. Going out to dinner Saturday so hope to see how color's doing then.

Yup, did scrub kitchen floor, and always scrub guest bath which SO uses. Kit. is U shaped, not that big, bath small. Have no choice when you have SO like mine around, won't eat where he's supposed to, misses his mouth alot:o Believe me, Mark, don't make a habit of it Looking into 'maid service' closest to us which would be about 20-30 minutes away if I want professionals. Not crazy about hiring a 'local' as it's a rumor mill around here.

After going out Sat. p.m., hope I'm awake Sunday. Only thing I'm doing is dusting. Needs vaccing too but that's overdoing. Try to do that during week so if I have sleep day it's during week; have given up too many weekend. But like you Mark can't always predict. Had small stroke last night but up****ing today. I stopped in my tracks, figure it was a seizure instead. Even kitty knew something wrong, jumping on me, meowing like crazy. Just couldn't talk****e, started bending towards floor; then knew I could slowly move to couch. Kitty was ok then. SO just sat there/watched; no help to couch from him.

Hope you all have wonderful weekends, do not live in the flood/fire states. If so, my prayers are with you as they are with all of you, my friends. hugs, kat
              TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat and Mart hope you both had a good day today. newcervie I hope your recovery is going well.
                Congrats on the new grandbaby Melanie!
                Not much going on on here MrQ is still sick, still don't know why and I fully expect an ER visit this weekend. I hate it because my back issues don't let me sit with him at the hospital like I use to be able to. I use to always be the person to stay with any family member who was in the hospital. Just another thing this spine mess changes I guess.
                Hope everyone has an ok weekend,,I dunno why but it being 9/11 just seems like it needs to be a quiet weekend.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions regarding retaining documentation and talking to HR. My boss is usually very nice, I just don't know why it's changed so drastically. I'm going to start taking notes but also pursue trying to transfer within the larger department. I think the relationship has soured between my boss and me and it's unlikely to improve. Unfortunately, there's no union to help with this situation.

Hope everyone has a quiet weekend. I know I need one after last weekend.

Comment

Melanie, congratulations grandma. I hope the mother and grandson are doing fine and back home by now. I have a hard time determining when I am sick as the meds make me feel ill often and they knock down the pain and aches when I am ill.

newcervie, where my wife worked there was no union but there was a HR as companies have to follow federal and state laws that protect workers. I am not saying that the laws will protect your job but the company has to follow certain rules. Good luck at work and hope you get the job in the new department.

MrsQ, sorry to hear that MrQ is still feeling ill. Hopefully he can improve and avoid the ER. I hear you about a quiet weekend based on 9-11. I think it is a good idea to reflect on how we felt on that day as many of us felt like one nation despite our differences.

Kat it isn't much warmer here right now. I know why you were scrubbing the floor because it is the same why I have been doing my daughters front door despite the pain and exhausting me it has caused. We just need to do some things because we still are people and there isn't always someone else to do it. Sorry to hear about another seizure but glad to hear you were able to get to the couch. It is amazing how pets know when we are in trouble and want to care for us.

Big joe, I agree about letting him go to HR. I hope your symptoms and pain aren't examples that part of your spine is deteriorating fast. Maybe it will be years before you need to do something about it.

I put in a day trying to finish the door for my daughter's house and like usual the little of work took a while and had me in pain and exhausted but it was fulfilling to see it done. Our son came home unexpectedly as he wanted to get more from home for school. It is good to see him again and to see what a good feeling he is having at school. Not much going on as I have gotten in a 1.5 hour of sleep and need to get back as I need much more sleep. I need to help my son get some work on the truck before going back and helping my daughter get her lights and ceiling fans up. Of course there are good college football games on too.
                    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
                    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Auburn won their game so it was a good game day especially since it was against MS State.

It is after 1 and I'm not close to being sleepy or comfy so I figure it will be one of those nights where I see the sun rise.
                      I hope your all getting some good rest right now.

Comment

Mrs Q, I hope if you were up that you saw a wonderful sunrise. IU lost to Va by a FG with no time left. It will take a couple years for our new coach to get things turned around as the recruiting needs to improve.

It was a busy afternoon at the kids house since they are pushing to finish so they can move in later this week. I was putting up ceiling fans and lights but it takes all I can do in one day to do two of them. Megan got most of the painting done as she really gets the work done once she starts. Darrin and his dad finished patching the walls and ceiling along with getting the gutters and down spouts reattached. Emery runs around like it is her house already. It was cute, I went to get KFC and she sat on the floor with Penny eating her chicken dinner. She just looked like such a big girl with her hair up and sitting down to eat. Later she came in and got a biscuit, she now says biscuit along with a lot of new words, and said ummm. Penny and I came home midafternoon and I went to sleep. I hope I can sleep tonight although I do feel sleepy.

Comment

Sorry for not being real supportive right now, just can't seem to shake free of this bug. I am feeling better though, just still really tired. Maybe the bug sparked a fibro flare on top of everything. Never ends!

(((HUGS))) For everyone.
                          -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
                          -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
                          -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels

Comment

Sorry to hear Mr Q still not feeling good; do hope you didn't have to make an ER run over the weekend hon.

Melanie, we miss you but take care of yourself first; we're not going anywhere. I truly know feeling of having fibro/cold at same time......fibro alone is bad enough. Get lots of rest.

Mark hope you're not doing too much in one day. Know kids are in a hurry but house isn't going anywhere; plenty of time to do the fixing; things don't have to be perfect before they move in.

Our Sat. dinner was called due to illness. Usually I have reason to call them off, this time it was SO who's had a cold for a week; has COPD and all that goes with it; much trouble breathing and that day was terrible. We'll do it some other time.

Ya'll take care of yourselves.....I get to sleep around midnight, don't wake up til 11. I'm always a late sleeper, long hours. Don't really like it but body says I need it apparently or I'd wake up sooner:o Wish SO had that luxury altho he tries to make up for it on weekends. He has no choice but to get up early, eat breakfast (diabetes) but goes back to sleep w/his trusty CPAP. He'll sleep until I get up which is 10-11.

Having fish tonight; given to us by a friend. Thought it was a couple of huge ones in there; thawing it out saw it's a bunch of little ones....lit a candle already hoping we don't smell fishies all night Thankfully I have a large plug-in fry pan to hold them all. Guy must have patience of Job to gut/scale all those little guys.

Now you all take care of yourselves; praying your pain scale is low; know some of you are medium to high range; I'm in that catagory today; tomorrow will be better. love to all, kat

Comment

Well, I have been having increasing symptoms of stenosis but have been putting off seeing a doctor for the last several months. It has gotten more difficult to function for awhile, but as long as I could put it off I did. It all came to a head Sunday night. I awoke in extreme pain and had shots of pain that caused me to black out. The pain level was at a ten then spiked. Three times I passed out from the pain. I had my wife get me to the docs. They gave me a shop for the pain, put me on some good "happy pills" and muscle relaxers and sent me home. The pills did get the pain to a manageable level. They have forwarded my records to a nuero surgeon we requested. He is going over my records and will call me tomorrow to set up a time to meet and make a plan of action. I suspect at the very least a lamenectomy will be needed, at worst, another fusion. Whatever it takes it is time to get on with it.

I have feared this day for many years, though I knew it was coming. I am thankful for the years of relative normalcy I've had, and expect them to be even better when things are fixed this time. When I had my last surgery they were supposed to take care of this issue then. They did not. I guess it is one way of guaranteeing return business.

I don't look forward to the next few months, but on the other hand, I would rather get it done now and then have the rest of my life to enjoy than to wait in misery any longer and then have to face it anyway. I gotta do what I gotta do if I want to do what I want to do. I would appreciate your prayers over the next number of weeks. Thank you all for your support.

Comment

Hi Everyone!!
                                I am alive and kicking. Just havent had time to really be online. We survived the hurrincane and then the tropical storm lee that followed. Flooding in our basement & some leaks from the roof. Not too bad as we have pumps set up. They ran for a while till the water table in the ground dropped. The best news of all was that we didnt lose power! So many people did. My sister was without for 7 days. Lots of roads washed out. Yesterday i went to the bank and the sidewalk across the street caved right in. There was a lightpost sticking out of the hole. crazy stuff. I am hoping for no rain for a while to come.

i went to neuro last week. Arm pins and needles have been increasing and was soo bad. He finally gave me neuronton (sp?) for the nerve pain. It has definetly helped my legs nerve pain too. The arm still gets the pins and needles...just not as bad as before. I am very thankful!! Right hand started burning with nerve pain in the middle of the night. I put my brace on but it did nofhmg. Burning straight down to the tip of ring finger. not sure whats going on with that but we shall see. I am taking 100mgs 3 x's a day. Im just hoping nothing else is going on with the neck. Too chicken to go find out...lol.

I also went to the eye dr for an exam....its time for reading glasses...lol I guess when you are over 40 the eyes start to go..lol.

Kids have started school and my house is finally quiet for a while. That of course does not mean I have me time yet, but i am working on that. Cancelled everything for this week, except work, to play catch up. I was behind with that trip to florida and then coming home to catch up with friends and family and also to get all the necessary school supplies and clothing. Fun stuff!! LOL

Mark have the kids moved in yet? I think its time for a new Emery pic!! How have you been feeling? Sounds like you have been over doing it!!

Kat how are you? Is it still warm by you? we had 85 degree weather here this week but going to cool down later in the week. No more scrubbing floors. You need a cleaning lady to come in!

Mel sorry to hear your feeling lousy :( Rest up ans then get on here and tell me about being a grandmother??? Did I miss something along the way?

Big Joe hope your pain stays under control. Spinal stenosis sucks! I have it in the neck and back and its awful. Hope you dont have to wait too long to get into the dr.

Mrs Q hope your hubby is feeling better by now :( Make sure you take somw time for you so you dont over do it.

Well time for some dinner. I didnt get time to eat as i had to get Taigan to cheer, cook, and had in laws drop in. Im hungry...lol. I will check in soon. Still using the ipad to type, so ignore any typos. If I missed anyone else, I apologize. I just glanced quickly through the posts. Sleep well my friends!!!!
                                ~*~*~*~*~*~
                                Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X