Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's try this one more time.......puter just froze up, cntrl, alt, delete

Mark, I didn't sleep well last night either, not at all in fact. Had two minor episodes which usually make me very tired but not last night. Feel sorry for you too. I'm not a good napper and if I do I won't get up for rest of day.

Perhaps can get a part-time job on campus. Recall lots of kids doing that for extra bucks unless they're all taken already. Good way to get to know people too:)

Daughter picking me up, going to her house later. I'm shaking like leaf, so hope can keep it together. Have a pair of jeans for my oldest granddaughter; bought them on whim; a little small so sure they'll fit her.

Thank goodness we gave girls keys for house as SO took house key with him. We exchanged car keys, he drove my truck....one thing didn't think of. Just assumed he had house key with his car keys.

Watching very interesting med show right now; won't get into details....but do love anything medical. Get sick of 'shoot em ups'<G>

Cervie, truly hope you don't need any type of surgery but get it checked out esp if causing pain; better to be safe than sorry.

Some of our trees are turning colors.......already but it is mid August; hate thinking of getting out the heavy clothing. Don't know about any of you but the weight of them hurts me alot. Bad enough I wear layers at home.

Was going to say have a wonderful weekend, but it's Sunday already!!! My post is jumping up/down when idle

After today's outting, hope to get some work done here; don't have to worry about feeding anyone but me and kitty :)......just have to tell daughter if I don't answer the phone for a day/night I'm having a long nap.

Mark, pray we get some sleep too hugs to all, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat, sorry you didn't sleep well. I was able to finally get to sleep and I have avoided a nap so I can sleep tonight. I hope you are able to sleep tonight. How did your visit go? I hope you were able to relax and have a good time.

We had the kids over today and had a good time. Emery and Megan came to church as we had duty in the nursery and it gave Emery a chance to play with other kids. Church was over, Darrin and I went to KFC to pick up dinner. Emery was very good about eating and then decided to feed me some of her raisins. She had a blast each time she put one in my mouth. After dinner Darrin and I went to their soon to be house to put in two porch railings so the house would pass the bank's inspection. Right now the bank is dragging its feet to give them the mortgage, does anyone wonder why housing market is so far down. We got back from the rail job to find the girls in the basement. Emery lovers her rocking chair, it had been Megan's chair when she was a toddler. Emery makes a big deal each time she sits down in "her" chair. I was on the laptop and she came over wanting me to put on the you tube Mickey Mouse hot dog song as she loves that song. It has a catchy refrain "hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog" and Emery can say hot dog. When she wants the song she says hot dog. It was a good day today and I hope to get a good night sleep.
      1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
      2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

It has been a good day on Sunday as our granddaughter and her parents came over for dinner. She was so funny when she finished eating and then snacking on raisin. She feed me raisins and thought it was so fun. Her dad and I went over to their soon to be house to put up handrails for the house to pass the bank's inspection. I wish the bank would quit dragging its heels and get the paperwork done so they can move in. Once that happens our house will have all the furniture out and the rest out of the house. Then we can set up the basement family room and bedroom up the way we want. Off to sleep I hope and I hope others are doing good.
        1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
        2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Hi all. When did this change then. I thought it had gone for good. Why has it changed. My jury is still out about it but I have an open mind. I'm really busy this summer doing loads of child care, especially since my son's partner left him a year ago, for someone else. I try to see as much of the little girls as I can, and also he needs help from time to time, like during school holidays etc;)
          Good to be back.
          cardiac ablation 1997. prolapsed disc 1992. L5S1 fusion 2003 (failed, bad screw in spinal canal) Lumpectomy 2005, Carpel tunnel bilateral 2005.Prolapses bowel, bladder, uterus, V. Vault rectocele,repaired.2005. Sacral implant failed 2006. further prolapsed bowel. Subsequent ileostomy, removal of colon, rectum,. 2009. removal of bad screw, more metal work L4/5/S1 to stabilise.2010 cervical ADR 2 levels. Hypothyroid. retired 2003, further cervical stenosis problems. on pension& disability

Comment

Marijo, it is good to see you in the room. Enjoy those grand babies as much as you can. It is good you can help your son with his daughters. I just don't know what gets into people today that they are so willing to leave their marriage to find more "happiness" somewhere else. I think this site is easier for MGH to keep up and running. It seems like the old system keep breaking down and a change was needed.

I finally got to sleep early in the morning but the problem was I didn't sleep soundly all the way up to 2:30PM when I woke up. It was a fall like day here. Penny and I went for a walk and it was nice to get back into an evening walk once again. It sure is quiet in our house now that we are empty nesters. We don't have all the advantages yet as the kids still have their things here until they get their new house. It is nice to have them over a day or two a week especially the age Emery is. We got pictures of Tyrel's dorm room and it is clean:). Really it looks nice a nice room with a good view especially at night as he is on the 11th floor. His roommate made it in but we haven't heard anything about him other than he brought a refrigerator and microwave so that saves us some money. It is fun to have a new experience once again.

Comment

Welcome Marijo, glad you joined us and hope you'll stop in when you have time.

Time spent with daughter/grandkids was great as always. 7 and 2 yrs old came along for ride as mom picked me up. She picked up a few groceries on way home, then we stopped for burgers/fries. Fries didn't make it home tho. Had fun with Sam doing the 'please/thank you thing.....even got "Grandma (last name) out of him. Kim had their yearly pics done, packaged, ready to go for me; adorable!!

That was Sunday, had a little episode at their house, slept well that night and all day Monday. Haven't been able to 'talk' to SO as cells won't 'do' long distance. He called early this a.m.; everything going well, home tomorrow. Have secretary's email address where he is, sent a message via her to let him know I'm ok.

Glad you finally got some sleep in Mark. It's been a bit 'fallish' here too. Looking for thunderboomers later today; temps cool, but very humid.

Did I tell you that our hawk has not returned for a couple of weeks now? We see it fly over, screech, so this is part of its territory, but haven't seen it on the deck post. Hope it returns next yr to nest.

SO gone, I should do some cleaning today/tomorrow before he gets home, at least a couple rooms, but can't get in the mood, no energy. I usually get more energy in late p.m., hoping that for today/tomorrow. I can never do anything when SO home as he eats and goes to sleep......perfect time to do it these two days.....so God, please give me that energy

Anyone have problem when you take cursor away from what you're typing, like to get a icon, your writing moves up/down?

Hope all are having a good day so far......

Question for all..........one of the members of BT has a book he wrote regarding his neuro medical condition.
              Is it allowable to promote things like that here? And where would be best place to put it? Is there one site to do that? Thanks for the help.......he also has his own web page.

Take care all, hugs, kat
              TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Hi Brigitte, I completely understand and sympathise. I had disc replacement nine months ago. I have now had three big spine surgeries, and not really got much better. I wake up every night lots of times with numb hands. My left arm is really painful, elbow, shoulder, pins and needles etc, and numbness. Its a real pain. I've already had carpel tunnel stuff done. I've now given up on surgery as I've just about had it all, and am still a bit of a mess. HOWEVER, my big decision was not to let it ruin my life. There is a lot I can not do any more, which is sad, because my four children and husband are all very outdoorsy. But I do get on with stuff, and I do enjoy and make the most of my life. Also my husband has come to terms more with the way I am, which has made a great big difference.
                By the way your children look absolutely adorable. How old are they. My four are all grown up now, and I have two gorgeous little granddaughters, but unfortunately my son and his partner have recently parted as she found someone else to light her life.
                Take care.
                Mary.
                cardiac ablation 1997. prolapsed disc 1992. L5S1 fusion 2003 (failed, bad screw in spinal canal) Lumpectomy 2005, Carpel tunnel bilateral 2005.Prolapses bowel, bladder, uterus, V. Vault rectocele,repaired.2005. Sacral implant failed 2006. further prolapsed bowel. Subsequent ileostomy, removal of colon, rectum,. 2009. removal of bad screw, more metal work L4/5/S1 to stabilise.2010 cervical ADR 2 levels. Hypothyroid. retired 2003, further cervical stenosis problems. on pension& disability

Comment

Mary, I understand getting of the surgical merry-go-round as I made the same decision back in 2000. Short of avoiding paralysis I won't go with another surgery. It is good to hear that your husband has come to accept your condition more than he did early on. It is too bad you can't always go with him and the family when they do their outdoor activities.

Kat, glad you had such a good time with your daughter and the girls. I hope you get the energy you want so you can do the work that you want to get done. At least your hawk has still claimed your area as his and I hope he does come back for you. I know our ducks came back to our pond the next year much to our surprise.

I stayed awake all day after not a lot of sleep last night but it was a drowsy day. I worked on get more of my stuff in the chop area. I am working on a rack to store my wood so it is easy to access and to see what I have available. Penny and I had Chinese carry out for dinner tonight. We wanted Emery and Darrin over for dinner but found out Megan wasn't at work due to the flu so we decided they should stay away for now. I hope we all get some sleep tonight.

Comment

I got in a good day of sleep, at least 24 hours, and decided to check in. Things have been slow with the new BT site it seems. Not much new going on here other than emails back and forth with my son to make sure all his financing for college is in line. The heat has returned in our area after several days of Fall like weather. I hope everyone else is having a good time and will check in from time to time.

Comment

Ok Mark, things changed here for you too? I hit reply to thread and get sent to 'quick reply.' Even 'reply to thread' down here, hit it I get 'quick reply. Still think in infancy as some days works, some days not. Since those last two strokes I'm very forgetful and I do mean 'very' it irritates me.....so must post this before I forget direct from youngest daughter, husband with Stage 3/4 colon cancer....[We met with Dr. Wiebe today and she really didn't have much to say because the cat scan and blood work were perfect. He is considered to be cancer free. He made his appt. today to have his port taken out on Tuesday of next week. His next appt. with Dr. Wiebe is Dec. 21. Next colonoscopy will be next March. Dr. Wiebe wants to see him every 4 months. He still can't believe it! What a miracle this is! God has answered prayers and thanks again for your support and well wishes! } YEHAA!!!! Our prayers were answered. When I saw Steve Sunday he was down in the dumps, had had his last chemo that week. Think he's perked up alot, don't you?<G>LOL

SO got home from trip Wed pm,, stayed home Thurs to play catchup. First time guys saw what was all really wrong with him as he sorta kept it hidden muchas possible. Tween the schrimp and fish TV dinners I ate, hamburger last night, guts haven't adjusted well. Having bout of diviculitis (SP)? which haven't had for long time. Poor Steve, his guts, me/my guts.

Looks like a gorgeous day today; temps just 70 so far, sun out, wind just starting. Next week looks same.....an....now I can't spell...........another? ...now can't remember what was going to say......crap<G>

Must tell little joke; hopefully noone takes offense at my 2 yr old grandson. He's never seen African Americans before. He and mom in grocery store when he saw two people of that color. He hollers out as loud as could be and points......OBAMA!

Hope you all have a great weekend end. Look out you that live on East coast!!! Praying for you, take cover too!! hugs, kat

Comment

Kat good to see you back in the room and especially with the great news about Steve. It is so good to see that he is cancer free and to give him hope my FIL went through the same back in 2000 and still is cancer free. I hope your stomach is feeling better but like you mine is in bad shape but a bad bug is going around town so I guess I may be going through it too.

With this new site we always get put on the quick reply so don't sweat it and just type away as it will post okay. It takes time to get used to the quirks and I hope more of our friends get back in the room soon. I wanted to get some things done today but I am feeling bad so I guess I will rest all day. It is hard to know when I am sick because my pain often makes me feel ill just like when I have the flu so when I am sick is it the increased pain levels or sickness. Hopefully tomorrow I will be doing better as most people in town get over it in 24 hours but I will have to wait and see.

I am ready for the college football season to start. I will have to check the schedules to see if it is this week or next week. If Peyton Manning misses games the Colts will have a poor year unless one of the backup QBs does much better than in pre-season. Kat the Packs look like they are ready to defend the title again although each year is a bit different for each team.

Comment

SHEESH! Go away for a little bit and you guys just take off and move! I see how ya are! LOL!!! Luckily it didn't take long to find ya, and to see Mark got the room opened for us :) I'll have to let Guido know I'm back so he'll stop sulking. Maybe give him a new bikini as a treat, ROFLOL!!!

Sorry for being MIA so long. I had a nice visit with the Marine & dil later July/early August, but then I got sick. Well first it was meds then I got sick. But I'm here now and have the new link bookmarked so I won't get lost.

Things are going ok for now. Next month I see my NS to have new x-rays and hear the verdict. I'm hoping the rod isn't moving anymore but deep down I know it is, cuz I can feel it! sigh.... But right now my concern is Irene! My Marine is right in the bullseye :( But they have plenty of can goods, bottled water and candles & such so they should be ok. There is a group of them where he lives that are hanging together. I just hope old Irene peters out and just gives them some rain.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!!
                          -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
                          -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
                          -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels

Comment

Melanie, it is great to see you found us again and are healthy once again. Yep, you know the verdict with the NS despite hoping and praying it isn't. Your Marine will be fine as the buildings are well established and far enough inland there shouldn't be a big threat.
                            I am making a come back after fixing some homemade chicken noodle soup. Maybe this will be a short lived illness and I can have a good weekend. Right now I am watching an Indiana high school football game on ESP and there will be another one on tomorrow night. College games start this week so I will have some fun nights and Saturdays coming up.

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                              Its late here and just got time to get on. We got back from 3 eeeks in florida yesterday & hit the ground running! I havent even had a minute to unpack. I just wanted to let everyone know that im alive and will hopefully catch up soon. Today & tomorrow we are prepping for the hurricane! They are not supposed to be in NY!!! They usually hit florida or down south of us. I stopped at walmart tonight to get my scripts & the lines were like 20 deep!! That is just so nuts! Thank god we r stocked up, have generator, batteries, water & plenty of food! I was just so happy that i didnt need any groceries from there!!! LOL!!! I would have gone without. Going to get some sleep and try to pop on tomorrow to chat! Mel, praying your marine is safe too! Sleep well all!
                              ~*~*~*~*~*~
                              Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

Brigitte, s
                                Sorry to hear you had to hit the ground running after the vacation. The good news is that Irene is weakening so it should just be a wind and rain storm for your area. People go nuts when a weather disaster is forecast. Around here it is a forecast of snow even just a few inches have people hitting the stores cleaning off the shelves:).

I am tired and ready to sleep but I can't just drop off. I hope to hit dreamland soon though.

Comment

Working...
                                X