Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to all :) Had a beautiful snowstorm which has now passed leaving about 3 inches but looked like a blizzard at times.
    Few flurries flying with strong winds. SO took 1/2 day, running errands, stopped home first to get a heavier jacket. Never known him to be cold, I'm the one freezing all the time. Everything is beautiful covered in white......for a little while :)

Hope you all have great weekends....still dealing with fibro, hoping that calms soon just like the weather. hugs, kat :)
    Attached Files
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Kat, glad your area got the snowstorm although I wouldn't mind getting one snowstorm this year. We haven't had any snow this winter and that usually doesn't last. The snow does make things look beautiful for a while. I hope your fibro pain recedes this weekend.

I thought today would be a sleep day after forcing myself to be up for a while yesterday. I may fall back asleep though as I feel tired and sleepy right now. There hasn't been much going on other than fixing Tyrel a Gordita dinner. I am just staying in my chair trying to get the pain to stay down. It gives me time to catch up on some reading.
      1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
      2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Yes, snow does make everything pretty but I hope we've had our dose for the year. It was pretty but the ice and wind that followed the several days of snow made it rather unpleasant especially for those who lost power for several days.

Mark - I've been around just not been able to hang out on the computer and type. The nerve pain has been unusually high. I couldn't tolerate even a light touch to the arm and definitely couldn't type. But I saw my doctor the other day and he gave me a block. It was wonderful to not feel any pain at all in the arm. I did have a complication but once the anesthesia wore off, the accidental gross motor block also wore off. It was really comical - I had use of the hand but couldn't move the arm as the gross motor muscles were affected. I'd try to move the arm and it just flopped. Unfortunately, the anesthesia had to wear off so the pain has returned but the pain is tolerable right now.

Comment

newcervie, isn't it the way it always is; to get pin relief we have to put up with some odd SE? I am glad you got the motor skills back but it is a shame the pain came back too. CP is isolating enough without having so much pain you can't even get on the computer to talk to people. I know I feel really out of it if I go a couple days without being on the computer. It isn't bad if it happens because I am busy but when I am restricted and miss it really feels like I have disappeared.
          Snow and ice is a bad combination and not something I want this winter or any winter. It seems like our worst winter storms are the ones were it is mainly an ice storm especially if it is bad enough to knock out the power.

I was up this afternoon and evening but dropped off to sleep around eight or so waking up a few minutes ago. The only thing I have gotten done today is to read my book and watch some TV. I need to set up a different system for storing wood in my shop but I just wasn't feeling up to it today. I hope some time this weekend I will feel good enough and have a better system to find the wood I want. I hope everyone has sweet dreams tonight.
          1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
          2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Hi All ~ We also had a "blizzard" that left about 3 inches of that nasty white stuff. And the temperature is all of 9 degrees right now. ACK!!! :ambivalence: Now that's COLD. I knew we couldn't continue our lucky streak. LOL We hadn't had snow in a long time.

Been having a LOT of pain for a couple of weeks now, and have been spending plenty of time on the couch, darn it. Trouble is, my granddaughter has lots going on that I have to take her to, so the timing stinks. LOL She has several different doctor appointments coming up this coming week that are out of town, and the driving is gonna kill me. LOL Oh well -- this too shall pass.

Sounds like alot of us are suffering from increased pain. I wonder if it's the weather or gremlins?? Whatever it is, I wish it would STOP. I'll say some prayers!

Take care all, and keep warm! Hugs, Lee
            Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
            severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Comment

Lee, thanks for the prayers as my pain has been bad for a while now but I am doing better right now after taking it easy. We got the cold weather but not the snow you and kat got. You are right we couldn't go the whole winter without the cold and snow. Sorry your pain is up and I know the running around helps set it off although we often have times that doing simple nothing set it off too. I hope the drives to the dr appointments don't increase your pain too much as you already are dealing with increased pain. It really stinks when resting doesn't do much for the pain as it is the last refuge for us before resorting to seeing the dr or taking extra meds.

I had a day with some activity but limited due to the extra pain I am having. The thoracic spine is really hurting but my cervical is always there behind the scenes so to speak. I did get the wood in my shop organized better and I added a feature to my table saw that makes it easier to set the guide up. I seemed to get enough sleep yesterday even if it were broken up into different segments. The last segment was from 4 am until 11 am with several times up in that period. So with the sleep earlier in the night and the morning sleep I did okay today. I hope everyone stayed warm today as it was really cold in the Midwest.

Comment

Hi Everyone! Typing on this nook is awful but I wanted to say "hi"!!

Lee how is your grandaughter doing? Driving lately has really been killing my right leg. I definetly feel your pain!!! Glad we havent really had any snow. I truly think this is one of tne nicest & warmest winters we have had! My little one is soo disappointed about no snow or sleigh riding...lol We habe an awesome hill at my house. They used it once this year!

Mark no burying your head inthe sand!!! Its time to find out whats going on! Ugh on the transmission!! I feel for you! Hopefully Emery is feeling better? The stomach bug is rampant here. There was even an article in the paper about the norovirus. I freak out when i hear of someone i know having it. I avoid them like the plague!! LOL!!!!! I will admit to being a germaphob!!

Kat hope your feeling ok? Sorry to hear about the strokes :( I am thinking of you. How is your SIL doing?

Hope I didnt miss anyone? If i did i promise its not intentional. My fingers are just burning now typing on this small touchpad. Excuse any spelling errors also. I donttype well on here! I will check in soon!! I still havent done anytning relating to my spine or reports. No therapy, injections or other opinions. I just dontknow which is tbe rignt way to go!! Head tucked safely into the sand for a while. Like you Mark, maybe i am better off ignoring it....lol

Sleep well my spiney friends and stay warm!!!!
                ~*~*~*~*~*~
                Brigitte

sigpic

Comment

Brigitte no putting my head in the sand as I know what is going on with my spine. I have gone through this so much that I remember how it felt and my OSS trust me that when I go to see him I have a problem that needs surgery to fix. If the pain gets too bad I will see him about setting me up with an injection and see if we can get things calmed down for a while. The transmission isn't a good thing but it is just the way life is so fix it and move on.

I forgot to say what the good news is, Megan is pregnant again - they have been trying for the past two months. She is due at the end of Sept. and it will be up to me to make sure Emery [her illness is gone] doesn't feel ignored when the baby gets her.

Comment

Brigitte, don't misunderstand as I know what you mean about not putting my head in the sand. From 1990 - 2004 I pushed to get the right treatment for my spine and went through 3 surgeries so I decided that I would get off the merry-go-round until I started losing too many functions causing impairment. This level of pain and symptoms has me close to calling my OSS but I am unwilling to go through a surgery with things the way they are now.

We had a good Sunday dinner as Megan, Darrin, and Emery came over. Emery was a bit sensitive today and would hide from embarrassment over any little thing. She has been doing this lately. Emery really dug into dinner as she liked the corn, pork, and especially the mashed potatoes and gravy. Darrin and I moved some of my wood from the cellar closet into the work shop while checking out what wood I had for building his work bench. For the work area he is using the kitchen counter they replaced. Hopefully we can get it built next weekend. We went back upstairs and Emery wanted to play gallop follow the leader. She would lead and made sure I followed exactly where she went. She would let me know which way we were going and laugh like crazy when we got to the point that we needed to turn around. We kept making the circle around the upstairs until grandpa got wore out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mark - Congrats on the new future grandchild.

Bridgette - I understand not being able to type. My arm goes cold and cramps the longer I use it so my typing is limited. You do need to get a 2nd and possibly a 3rd opinion on your spine. The MRI results don't look good. And I wouldn't let this doctor touch the spine again. If he's wavering on the treatment, he should just come out and say that he doesn't know what to do or suggest you consult with another doctor or he should check with peers. Doctors do talk to each other when they face an unusual situation. I've seen it happen a few times in the past couple of years.

Comment

Newcervie ~ I thought I was the only one who's arm went cold when typing! I haven't got a clue why it does! It doesn't hurt -- it just goes freezing cold! I do have a disc herniation in the neck so maybe that has something to do with it -- I don't know . That acts up once in awhile, and I always have a headache. LOL But I've had a headache for the last 40 years. LOL Stress. Anyway, nice to know I'm not totally alien, but I wish YOU didn't have that problem too!

Had the day from He@# yesterday -- In the morning, granddaughter had a doctor's visit that lasted from 10:30 til 1pm. Then we left at about 4pm to go to her counseling session, and got home about 7:30 and had to head to her school where she had to sing a solo for a Valentine's day program they were putting on. So I was on the road ALL day, and the old back just about killed me. LOL When we finally got home at 9pm, I promptly laid down on the couch. Bringing up a teenager at MY age is pretty stressful. LOL If it doesn't keep me younger, it will kill me. LOL

Hope everyone is feeling better today. I'm going to even if it puts me in BED. LOL Hugs, Lee
                        Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
                        severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Comment

hey everybody. Wanted to say goodnight before I fall in the bed. Will come back later and check on everybody.

all my love, Julia
                          Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                          'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Julia, I hope you have sweet dreams and I will be looking for you in the room soon.

Newcervie, thanks. Sorry you have so much trouble when you type. I am sure it comes from cervical spine problems as I get some of the same symptoms too.

My wife has been down with lumbar pain for the past couple of days. She foolishly tried to go to work this morning but was back in a half hour. She has meds and is doing better but still feeling the pain. Of course what she complains about the most is being bored which she never really fully understood when I said we needed to be together more in the evenings because I was lonely. As I have said she is getting better at understanding what I need and has worked on coming down to the basement with me. I got the SUV back yesterday and even though I don't drive much it is nice to have it back. It sits up high so it is easy for me to get in and out. Penny got me some dark chocolate truffles for Valentine's Day. Not much we could do today with both of us suffering from back pain. I went to the dentist to finish up getting all 7 of my small cavities finished. The dentist and girls working couldn't believe I don't need novocane but it doesn't hurt as bad as my back does all the time so there is no need for novocane.
                            Last edited by Mark N; 02-14-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Leeaelle - I wasn't expecting that there would be a vascular problem with the arm but looking back it does explain a lot. Over the years, they've documented a 20+ degree difference between the arms at various times. Yours could be related to the nerve in the neck as nerves cause the muscles to tighten leading to reduced blood flow. Mine is clearly not c-spine related (nerve distribution doesn't correlate with the known neck issues) and they see the constriction on the artery. I need surgery but just not ready to go that route especially with a toddler who won't understand that I can't pick her up.

Mark - Sorry to hear that your wife is experiencing back problems but it also opens her eyes to what you experience everyday.

As for me, I hope I follow Julia tonight and get some sleep. I've managed to only get a few hours of sleep for the past several days.

Comment

A quiet sleep day for me. Penny has been back to work for two days and is moving much better this evening. Other than that I don't have anything else as I have been out of it today.

Comment

Working...
                                X