Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 123456712325277 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

Hi Mark, took me a bit of getting used to the 'front page' of BT.....only one smiley worked on me note; they're not working today either, but the 'more' page did come up. Yesterday no 'errors' on each page, today they're back. Just some minor things they have to work on. One thing I do keep suggesting (was hoping to see it in the revamp) was putting short description on first page of what some disorders are. Some really strange names; just have to google.:) Do miss my smileys<G>LOL

So far not totally into FB but sure I'll get there. See Brigitte got hers up and working. Blame it on puter. :)

Sounds like you've been feeling pretty good Mark; glad to hear that...excpt for sleeping. I'm trying to be lazy, not hard to do<G>, so I don't overdo. Altho carried a 24 case soda in house, then 40lb box litter to the bathroom. Sunday daughter picking me up, to her house.

Is it strange having Tyrel gone? Or was he not home much to begin with.... hope you get things set up the way you want so you can do your projects.

As I look down at other posts, they could use darker lines or sumptin' to separate posts better....just me? Even have glasses on. like they all run together. I'll get used to it......just great BT up/runnin' again.

Hope all having great weekend....partly cloudy here and 76, not much wind....beautiful!! take care, love, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Community Member

Hi just checking in. Still on vacation till thursday. I will try to reply more this evening!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~
    Brigitte

Distinguished Community Member

Joe, it is good to see you visiting the room. I am getting used to the new look and like the rest of you I am a new member even though I have been here since 1998. Stop by any time and sit for a while if you want. Maybe we can swap some tales and listen to the others as they tell their stories.

Kat, sorry to hear about the two big strokes. It is no wonder why you slept so long and I know the coma sleep as I had two days like that this week. You are going to have to put beepers on everything so when you misplace them you just beep it and follow the sound. I try and do things the same way each times as I would be missing a few things myself.

We have been have a good day here on our first empty nest day. I have been on the phone and emailing Tyrel as it is dawning on him what it is to be a poor college student like his dad was. He thinks he won't have enough money but when housing is paid and you have a meal ticket you can live cheap if you want. He just needs to park the truck and walk around campus. Maybe he will push for more scholarships next year like we tried to encourage him to do. I hope he reconsiders the Air Force ROTC as it will give him a lot more money.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Community Member

Glad I re-checked the forum. The first time I visited earlier this week, I couldn't find the spinal forums. I'm facing the possibility of another surgery let alone the possibility of the 5th surgery in a year. For years, I thought all my t-spine pain was back related but it turns out the gallbladder sends pain to the same area. The area is problematic on it's own without the gallbladder contributing to the party . . . They running another lab test to rule out another disorder which has far worse health conseqences/implications than dealing without a gallbladder. It really seems strange to hope for surgery.

newcervie, make sure they do test to be sure it is your gall bladder as often our T-spine problem is misdiagnosed as gall bladder. I hope it is just your gall bladder and not T-spine or our liver. I will keep you in my prayers to have the less invasive surgery.

Kat, actually the sleep issue has caused a really bad week for me as I haven't been aware for much of it. The week just disappeared for me. Getting Tyrel off had me sleepwalking in the middle of my day lost sleep which was really hard on me. It is different to have Tyrel gone as he was around a lot. I have found out I can't get my wood shop set up until the kids get moved into their home as they still have a lot of furniture here. I was hoping to move it all in the other room and I may still be able to do that.

I didn't sleep last night but I did get to sleep at around 8:30 last evening until now and I hope to get back to sleep in a little bit to catch up on my sleep. I hope to get to sleep and wake up for church as Emery is going with us since we have nursery duty.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

Let's try this one more time.......puter just froze up, cntrl, alt, delete

Mark, I didn't sleep well last night either, not at all in fact. Had two minor episodes which usually make me very tired but not last night. Feel sorry for you too. I'm not a good napper and if I do I won't get up for rest of day.

Perhaps can get a part-time job on campus. Recall lots of kids doing that for extra bucks unless they're all taken already. Good way to get to know people too:)

Daughter picking me up, going to her house later. I'm shaking like leaf, so hope can keep it together. Have a pair of jeans for my oldest granddaughter; bought them on whim; a little small so sure they'll fit her.

Thank goodness we gave girls keys for house as SO took house key with him. We exchanged car keys, he drove my truck....one thing didn't think of. Just assumed he had house key with his car keys.

Watching very interesting med show right now; won't get into details....but do love anything medical. Get sick of 'shoot em ups'<G>

Cervie, truly hope you don't need any type of surgery but get it checked out esp if causing pain; better to be safe than sorry.

Some of our trees are turning colors.......already but it is mid August; hate thinking of getting out the heavy clothing. Don't know about any of you but the weight of them hurts me alot. Bad enough I wear layers at home.

Was going to say have a wonderful weekend, but it's Sunday already!!! My post is jumping up/down when idle

After today's outting, hope to get some work done here; don't have to worry about feeding anyone but me and kitty :)......just have to tell daughter if I don't answer the phone for a day/night I'm having a long nap.

Mark, pray we get some sleep too hugs to all, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Kat, sorry you didn't sleep well. I was able to finally get to sleep and I have avoided a nap so I can sleep tonight. I hope you are able to sleep tonight. How did your visit go? I hope you were able to relax and have a good time.

We had the kids over today and had a good time. Emery and Megan came to church as we had duty in the nursery and it gave Emery a chance to play with other kids. Church was over, Darrin and I went to KFC to pick up dinner. Emery was very good about eating and then decided to feed me some of her raisins. She had a blast each time she put one in my mouth. After dinner Darrin and I went to their soon to be house to put in two porch railings so the house would pass the bank's inspection. Right now the bank is dragging its feet to give them the mortgage, does anyone wonder why housing market is so far down. We got back from the rail job to find the girls in the basement. Emery lovers her rocking chair, it had been Megan's chair when she was a toddler. Emery makes a big deal each time she sits down in "her" chair. I was on the laptop and she came over wanting me to put on the you tube Mickey Mouse hot dog song as she loves that song. It has a catchy refrain "hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog" and Emery can say hot dog. When she wants the song she says hot dog. It was a good day today and I hope to get a good night sleep.

It has been a good day on Sunday as our granddaughter and her parents came over for dinner. She was so funny when she finished eating and then snacking on raisin. She feed me raisins and thought it was so fun. Her dad and I went over to their soon to be house to put up handrails for the house to pass the bank's inspection. I wish the bank would quit dragging its heels and get the paperwork done so they can move in. Once that happens our house will have all the furniture out and the rest out of the house. Then we can set up the basement family room and bedroom up the way we want. Off to sleep I hope and I hope others are doing good.

Hi all. When did this change then. I thought it had gone for good. Why has it changed. My jury is still out about it but I have an open mind. I'm really busy this summer doing loads of child care, especially since my son's partner left him a year ago, for someone else. I try to see as much of the little girls as I can, and also he needs help from time to time, like during school holidays etc;)
    Good to be back.
    cardiac ablation 1997. prolapsed disc 1992. L5S1 fusion 2003 (failed, bad screw in spinal canal) Lumpectomy 2005, Carpel tunnel bilateral 2005.Prolapses bowel, bladder, uterus, V. Vault rectocele,repaired.2005. Sacral implant failed 2006. further prolapsed bowel. Subsequent ileostomy, removal of colon, rectum,. 2009. removal of bad screw, more metal work L4/5/S1 to stabilise.2010 cervical ADR 2 levels. Hypothyroid. retired 2003, further cervical stenosis problems. on pension& disability

Marijo, it is good to see you in the room. Enjoy those grand babies as much as you can. It is good you can help your son with his daughters. I just don't know what gets into people today that they are so willing to leave their marriage to find more "happiness" somewhere else. I think this site is easier for MGH to keep up and running. It seems like the old system keep breaking down and a change was needed.

I finally got to sleep early in the morning but the problem was I didn't sleep soundly all the way up to 2:30PM when I woke up. It was a fall like day here. Penny and I went for a walk and it was nice to get back into an evening walk once again. It sure is quiet in our house now that we are empty nesters. We don't have all the advantages yet as the kids still have their things here until they get their new house. It is nice to have them over a day or two a week especially the age Emery is. We got pictures of Tyrel's dorm room and it is clean:). Really it looks nice a nice room with a good view especially at night as he is on the 11th floor. His roommate made it in but we haven't heard anything about him other than he brought a refrigerator and microwave so that saves us some money. It is fun to have a new experience once again.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 123456712325277 ... LastLast