Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today I contacted my Governor

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Angry Today I contacted my Governor

about my caseworker at the Department of Human Services. The entire family has been without health insurance for a month because I have a caseworker that will not return my calls and I have been trying to contact her since mid September. She lost a page out of my paperwork in October and blamed it on me and instead of mailing me a new form at the beginning of October like I requested she has deliberately ignored all of my calls. At first when I was calling I couldn't even leave a message more than half of the time because her mailbox was full then after I began complaining to her supervisor she started clearing her voice messages but did not return any of my calls. If she had returned any of my calls at the end of September none of this would have happened.

I even refilled out one of their stupid blue booklets in an effort to try reapplying. Nothing.

In the past 2 1/2 months I have contacted her supervisor, her supervisor's supervisor, my local office's district manager, my state's main office in the capitol, my state representative, my congressman and finally this morning I was so dang mad I emailed the governor. I got an immediate response that said that The Department of Human Services was being contacted on my behalf and to expect to hear something soon.

Out of my 10 regular meds I am out of 6 and have had to cancel at least three appts. Shortcake hasn't had an allergy shot in over a month and we had to cancel 3 of his therapy appts. Thank God he hasn't been sick. CJ fractured his ankle and none of that is covered and we haven't the means to cover his upcoming xrays and doc visits to check his ankle.

and this....this really pisses me off. This sums up a whole lot of how screwed up this world is. I have an Atrovent inhaler that I use for emergency asthma issues. I use this inhaler about every day. It is empty. This inhaler is over $700. YES PEOPLE $700. My twice daily inhaler is over $300. How wrong is this. Why is this kind of thing allowed to happen. I am so f&$#&#@ mad.

Today I am sick as a dog. It is all finally getting to me and between withdrawal and nerves I fluctuate between crying and vomiting lol. I am still hopeful, the Governor's office had me sobbing with relief that someone has listened to me.

Distinguished Community Member

Oh Chris, I pray that this is your answer. Hopefully, the govn's office will kick some but. This is uncalled for. No one should be treated like this.

Now I'm mad!

(((Chris)))
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default ((((Christina))))))

Honey, I hope someone from the Gov. office gets in touch with your case worker and fires her sorry arse! Maybe the Gov. would be better.

I just wrote a bunch of stuff that I know you already know and only you can call the shots. Please remember we all love you and want you well.

Yeah, get well, you post all the good topic's!! Help us hunt everybody else down, K ? It's beginning to get lonely in here.

All my love and get to feeling real soon or I'll call the White House for you!! Queenie to ((((((lil'queenie))))))
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

You do that Jo! See if the prez will put in a word for me lol.

I called my primary's office yesterday morning which has their own pharmacy and the nurse there filched my Advair inhaler from it once before so I had hoped she would be able to help and sure enough she called me right back and I went and picked both of them up today. Keep me out of the ER. I think they have quite a stock of free samples they get from drug reps and get it from there too.

Next am thinking of calling my other doc offices and seeing what they can do. I seriously need my Pamelor. Desperately. If it weren't for the MMJ I have no idea what I'd do. It is keeping my migraines at bay, my anxiety down to a dull roar and making it possible to eat. I am losing weight again but I think it is only cause I feel the need to vomit most of the time from the withdrawal and because ever since that week on the Saphris my stomach has been all wonky. I feel absolutely awful, even worse when I stand up. I get up intending to do laundry or clean and as soon as I stand up my head starts throbbing and I get dizzy. Vomity. Is that a word? 'Tis now lol.

Actually I am not doing too bad mentally but I have to keep a mantra going of I'm doing the best I can, stop trying to take care of everything at once, one minute at a time lol. I got yelled at yesterday by CJ for loading the dishwasher during a nasty migraine but when ya gotta wash a spoon to eat it is passed time. He is on crutches and works all day so I try to do as I can.

Jo love I am doing what I can lolol. I have taken over my brother's laptop and changed the browser's homepage to what it should have been which is here. So when I start it up I won't get my brain filled by all the world's troubles on FB lol. I am easily distracted/disgusted by some of the news I get. I have become full up of the world's woes so am avoiding.

Chris, hope you get issues settled soon! hang in there ((((hugs)))) Pati

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Sweetie, you call that drs. office and tell them you need your Pamelor,pronto! I know they all get samples and hoard them back for the office help. not fair, but tell them YOU need them more this time!! Love you, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

I did get my Pamelor filled Big Queenie and he okayed me through til January if I need anything else. Both inhalers filled from primary and I am waiting for word from my psych and getting them to contact my psych is like pulling teeth. They try to just make ya suffer through until she comes in on Tuesday nights which of course is today and when I called this morning they said the message had been delivered. I doubt it. She'll get it when she gets in tonight. Ridiculous. I have been out for three days and that is my threshold so sure enough I woke all weepy this morning and feel crappy. Looks like yesterday was my better day through all of this. I have now run out of the last of my meds and have nothing but Pamelor and 2 inhalers

I was just laying down to watch tv and suddenly decided to call my caseworker's supervisor's supervisor and was so stunned when she answered the phone that I was speechless lol. Thank You God. I explained to her what has been going on but by the time I was done I was sobbing I tried to do it quietly but she must have heard me cause she kept saying 'stay with me' as she very patiently asked questions and suddenly my caseworker's supervisor walked in to her office as I was on the phone with her and she decided to have a little pow wow with him and is going to call me back.

Took me a minute to recover when I hung up cause I am so relieved to actually talk to a human again. Texts, voice mail etc. I have been doing it all. Hopefully this can be resolved within a day or two now. Lots of prayers it happens. I am surprised I am not a quivering mass, rocking in the corner sucking my thumb and murmuring "ennhhhh" "enhhh" LOL. I just keep reminding myself that it is a result of the withdrawal, I can control this. I have been staying away from any kind of news and working on my Christmas gifts.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

great news, chris!

i hope your caseworker gets a butt kicking, the little God-player and i hope you get into tip top shape once you are on your meds!

(hugs),
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

that's progress Chris! hope you get it all taken care of very soon now.

I read the other day that your governor. is going to take over running Detroit,and is already running Flint. never heard of such a thing!

Actually he assigned someone to do the work but the news varies depending on who you read lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast