Porkette was/is ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porkette was/is ill

Sue, I'm glad you are much better. Thats terrible that ppl send their kids to school sick. Those parents only care about themselves. They don't care that 'Johnny' has a 100* temp which might be the beginning of something so should stay in bed or that others can catch it from him, they just want to get Johnny outa there so they can go to work. My dd also hates it when ppl go to work sick too. That makes me think....maybe 'Johnny's' mom has a touch of it too.
    Lorraine (lor)

Hi Lor,

I'm doing a lot better and I'm greatful that I only have to work Monday and Tuesday of this week and then everyone is on vacation for Thanksgiving. You are correct many parents put their career before their childs health and are sending them to school sick but then
    I'm seeing staff come to work sick and that doesn't help either. I spoke to the school principal and told him I wish the school could fine parents who send their kids to school sick he agreed with me but of course it can't be done. Still a lot of students and staff are getting sick with pumoneia like I had and now they are regreting it. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Hi Porkette,

Sorry to hear you are sick. I do agree with you on the point of the parents sending their kids to school sick. I know I usually get whatever is floating around the school. My wife eventually brings it home to me. My wife has a better schedule this week, I think. Her school district gets the whole week off for Thanksgiving, but then she is spending hours working at home filling out report cards. I don't know if that really counts as vacation.

Hope you are feeling well for the holiday!
      Firehorse
      *fire*rodeo

Comment

Hi Firehorse,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry your wife has to deal with the same thing that I do working in public school. Today (Tues.) was my last day of work and now I'm on vacation for the rest of the week. Tell your wife to take zinc at the
        first sign of a cold or flu this is what has helped me a lot along with drinking a lot of hot fluids like tea, coffee, or even hot water. Here's wishing you and your family well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Well, yesterday, she started to feel a bit under the weather. Now, she is exhibiting the symptoms of a the full fledged common cold. At least it has got her to put aside all the work of the report cards, and rest for a while. Unfortunately, it has left me to do all the baking myself. We are responsible for the desserts for the family get together this year. I will be doing the baking tonight of the pies for Thanksgiving. In fact, I will be rolling out the crusts for the apple pies as soon as I finish this post.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
          Firehorse
          *fire*rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by Firehorse View Post
            Well, yesterday, she started to feel a bit under the weather. Now, she is exhibiting the symptoms of a the full fledged common cold. At least it has got her to put aside all the work of the report cards, and rest for a while. Unfortunately, it has left me to do all the baking myself. We are responsible for the desserts for the family get together this year. I will be doing the baking tonight of the pies for Thanksgiving. In fact, I will be rolling out the crusts for the apple pies as soon as I finish this post.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
            Hi Firehorse,

I'm so sorry that your wife isn't feeling the greatest. Tell her to start taking vitamin C along with zinc once a day, drink plenty of hot fluids and get a lot of rest. I don't want her feeling as rotten as I did for almost 2 wks. My Dr. also
            made me eat one container of yogurt each day to get the vitamin D. I know when I got sick it lowered my white blood count very low. If your wife doesn't feel any better by Friday tell her to see her Dr. and get some blood work done because
            pmoneima (sp?) is going around terrible this yr. I think it's very sweet of you to bake for your wife. I know my DH did everything but the laundry for me when I was sick. Here's wishing you and your wife and wonderful Thanksgiving. I wish
            you both the best of luck and May God Bless You Both!

Sue

Comment

Well, I've been used to doing all the cooking every day since we started going out with each other almost twenty years ago. As the chef, I guess things just worked out best that way. She brings home most of the bacon, I fry it up in the pan, so to speak...lol Anyway, she makes yogurt a part of her daily breakfast, and has for a long time, as well as taking regular vitamin D supplements. She has recently gotten her flu shot for the year, and her symptoms are just a sore throat, headache, and stuffy nose... Nothing too serious.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Sue!
              Firehorse
              *fire*rodeo

Comment

Working...
              X