Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3285373939899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1057

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Joy, hope you have had some sleep. Congratulations about your driving. I'm proud of you. Yes, it is very good to see so many of us posting. When I started coming back I thought every body had found greener pastures. Then I saw my that made me so happy.

Pati, hope you are doing ok. I think about you all the time. You do have a load to carry . Let us help you carry that load. We all love you!!

Yes, the new grand baby is such an angel. I love her Mama and Dad. Jenny used to come stay with me most time school was out. We would go shopping, have a ball doing nothing. One day we were in a Belks, it came a storm, neither one had anything to keep us dry. We found the stuff to spray on your legs to make them looked tanned. We bought both of us an and rain coat. We made a mad dash to the car, looked down to dry our legs off and the fake tan was running down our legs like tears. I always acted like a teenager. lol

Well, I'll shut up for now. I don't have a soul to talk to so I just go on and on.

My love to all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

yes congratultions on that new grandbaby! sounds like a real beauty too. enjoy! I gave up driving so many years ago I can't even recall it anymore.

got a call yesterday to inform me Dad's ashes ARE FINALLY WHERE THEY BELONG, IN A memorial for ww 2 veterans near where my Mom lives,guy said He thought I'd done the right thing. VA isn't much help & that's a fact. it's a shame actually but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over stuff I cannot change. I made good use of the money given to me when Lori died.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Pati, I'm glad things have finally begun to fall into place for you... I think you made a good choice also. You are so right about the VA TOO. It is a shame America treats their Vets. so shabby after we send them off to fight for what?? They deserve much respect and I'm afraid they don't get any. Maybe you can rest easy on that issue at least with your dad.

I'm concerned about YOUR health. It still isn't too late to get a Scan or EEG to make sure you have no problems. I didn't want to go back and get that EEG done, but glad I did now. They still saw seizure activity from the one they did in the hospital. So, the worse of it is having to continue the Keppra. I talked to Jenny Sunday and she is still taking Keppra She lost the first baby, she found her a new Neuro, cut her meds. done to what I am taking and she had a good pregnancy and delivery. She is only 22 and the Drs. haven't put a name on the cause of the seizures yet. The important thing is she and the baby are doing great.

They tell me I will probably have to take meds. the rest of my life. If that is what it takes to keep me from having another grand mal I will gladly take the med. Now that I am older I look at things a little different. things change and we have to change with them.

Pati, we need you and miss you when you aren't hear. Hang in there dear one. You know I was in hospital back and forth for months, never cried a tear. One day not long ago all of a sudden I just burst out crying. Didn't have a clue why. After thinking on it I realized it had been months since I shed a tear. So, if you feel like the dam is going to break, let her go. You will feel better----, maybe BTW I missed your A wish you a happy belated BD!!

love you, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

aw another good day seeing posts. I too hardlt ever shed tears but was watching some tv about all I do ever day and sleep. well I had some tears myself. I wondered for some time just why I never seem to have mch of any mood changes then start remembering when that was all I ever had. don't know which is worse.

you all will have to tell me if youcan make out my words with my bad typing. I figure I will et it go and hope peole can get what I am saying. iof I tried to go back and changed every mistake it will be too long a time in chair etc. it took me a long time to just let it go but I too want to try and connect with those that I think know more about me even than the people I see everyh week.. my tear breaks are more in forms of years at times, really. now getting aggreviated at times, well a lot ofctener, sad to say but then there is always something else for hubby to do somewhere else rather than here. tee hee probably all that saves us one big rage at that. naw that takes too much effort at that

the nurse was right on, I am just a little laid back even when it comes to health problems. forf instance I am thinking this dratted cedlluitis is trying to come back. I need to find a thermometer to take temperature, knowing that if it even gets to 98.6 I am beginning to have atemp. just convincing a doctor of (nurse prfaxctioner first to get to even talk tgo a doctor) that this is true is not an easy think to convice tghedm of. well when they saw my weeping legs last time, no problem about having something.

this is the same grfoup that told me last time to take rest of my 3 pills when I called and said it wasn't working. so see why I waited as long as I did? I did not even give hem a hissy fit wshen I went back in after hospital visit for a checkup.

no energy sure cuts down on hissy fitting, lol.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

i think i cry a couple times a week. things happen, like my dryer getting broken and i just get so sad that things didn't turn out like i thought they would. i can't do anything about it. it's a sad situation i never thought i would find myself in at age 58. so i cry, get it out, move on. i usually feel better after a cry, they say tears get the bad chemicals out of your system, i'm doing a good job at that. i keep pushing myself to do stuff because it makes me happy in the long run and it also is something productive to do.

i had zumba last night and it completely whacked me out. i went back to sleep for an extra hour after breakfast. then i went outside and broke up the rest of the daylilies from one spot and planted them in some different places. i got some more plants last week, a butterfly bush that will grow 4-5 ft. tall and have purple/black flowers. some ferny plants with yellow and orange flowers called "yarrow" and a plant called "plumbago" that has blue flowers and yes they are true blue. i also got a purplish/blue "balloon" plant that has buds shaped like balloons before it opens. i read up on the yarrow and plumbago on a website and it says that they can get out of hand if they are not contained, which in english means they are invasive. shoot! well, if they get too bad, i'll just have to plant them somehwere else or give them away. i also got 2 dogwood bushes that i planted by my patio. they will grow 5 ft. tall by 5 ft. wide and form a mound. they have green/white leaves and whitish flowers in late spring. i planted all those flowers last week. i have one more planting to do and then i am going to call it quits for the autumn, cause i'll be raking leaves soon.

i took the black plastic off my front lawn last week and the grass was completely dead under it. it looked like straw in a field. i raked some of it up and filled a tall paper yard bag full of the dead grass. i'm not going to try and pull out all of it, i'm going to take my tiller and grind everything up so it looks neat, but bare. i'll think over the winter what i want to do in the front and then i'll be ready to plant in the spring.

julia, it makes me ache to hold a grandbaby. i'm probably not going to have any at the rate things are going. you have fun with that little one and ask her mama to bring her down to see you every so often if they don't live far away. pati, i'm glad your dad's ashes are where they're supposed to be. i hope you take the time to go to a doctor. joy, i hope that cellulitis isn't coming back! it always makes me peed off when medical people don't listen to us. we know our own bodies, you'd think that would be a help to them. i guess not. dawn, so are you still thinking of going to school? are you enjoying your porch that you had built last year? come on mal, you have to do more than read here ...we want to know what's going on with you, too. you are our resident guy and as such, you deserve the attention of all us ladies! jan, i hope you're doing well and hank is as good as he can be. i don't follow football, so i'm not reading your thread much. post here every once in a while.

chris, we miss you! deedee, i hope school is going well for you. please check in and tell us how you're doing and also how your doggie is doing . sly, come on and start posting. we all know the dratted cold weather is coming. it's been in the 60's here for a week already and temps in the 40's at night. good sleeping weather, but it reminds me too much of winter. labella, we haven't seen you for a while.

to al those i've missed, i'm sorry, i'm just relying on the brain lately !

thank you for caring and sharing ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 09-24-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Jeannie so good to hear about you flowers. now I will have something to look up if I get tired of the tv so much. I can google the flowers. I thought about labella today myself and wondered what was going on with her and family. it has been some time since she checked in with us.

I get so mad at my memory because I do tend to forget people if I do not hear or see their names in print. hate to admit it buit I have even had to ask hubby the names of some of my own relatives this summer. like my cousins grandkids name. scares me truthfully but I know I don't use my noggin brain and challenge it much at all. butm I will admit I did ot jhear from liz c. in florida . she had stopped using any forums and I am ot on facebook all that much. months went by before I realized my error . and with so many computer crashes I lost a lot of names and numbers.

well guess I had better shut down for tonight. good day I am happy that more are posting more often. yay.

yarrow!made me smile Jeannie,to me it's a noxious weed,plus it smells bad. thanks for sharing your pics & telling about your flowers.

everyone can stop urging meto go to my doc cause I'm not spending another penny on docs that do nothing to actually help me. like why do I keep falling? I really don't drink all that much. now I use depends & that makes me feel like a real old lady!

sure wish everyone missing would come back & say hello.

have I mentioned we have 2 sets of twin deer? don't see them often but they sure are cute!

getting cold here too. 40's @ night.

Jo, it took ao long to get over the pass cause of rock blasting. should be a 4 hr drive one way. don't care to go on anymore trips my butt was numb!

I was all set to go back to school and the doc nicks the whole thing. I wanted to go back for something in the medical field. He said the whole thing would be too stressful for me to handle. I know what happens when I get too stressed out but I thought that school would be helpful in my boredom.

My woman's group dismantled. So now I am back to climbing the walls. Did I tell you I brought a sewing machine. Yup, don't know a thing about sewing. I haven't even treaded the stupid thing. I think I am afraid of it! lol Don't know that many people who sew. I thought I could make some bears and bring them to the children hospital.

Now my thinking is how hard can making bears be? We will see once I get to the store to buy a pattern. I also thought about making blankets too.

Take care,
    Dawn

Default sewing - humming birtds & buttons

dawn give it a shot trying to sew. I admit that threadfing the darn thing always was a chore but I usually got hubby to thread it foer me. I knew to tie the thread on maching together with the next color I wanted to use (after taking it out of needle eye) that just left threading the needle not having to go through the parts of the machine. I learned that when I worked at shoe factory, otherwise I might not have thought to do that.

I just got through looking at helpful aides for my hamnds. hubby had to button up one of my blouses because I had lost the neat thing I had bought at a lowes store. it had a hook to put through thee zipper to pulol it up and also another thing (made out of wire and had pieces that closed up like a pocket knife. anyhow another hook thing that slipped over buttons and you could run it through buttonhole and pull buttonms back through. lost it so may have to order another. sure was costly for it being such a cheaply made thing.

now for the hummingbirds.
    lol wow I typed a bunch of words and looked upand nothing! so guess i'd best stop every now and then and check to see if it is working for me. anyhow it had gotten really cool at night. I looked out uyesterday and saw a hummimngbird sitting on top of the nice hanger thing hubby had bent metal andf made a 4-curved scallop hanger type thing for me. it is so tall and I have had to put extra hanger down because I cannot stand udpright as tall as I use too but anywhow it works.

I saw 2 chasing each other this morning. I hope I can see them again. birds have stayed up until the 2nd week in October before here. they just go into a stupor umntil the sun comes out enough to warm them up.
    i

just got a bit of a shock! my lifetime friend has gotten married! she's the one who lost her DH to suicide last year . don't know his name or much about him yet.I'm not surprised & hope he's a nice guy that will bring alot of happiness her way.

cleaning lady was here today & she moved my mattesses around for me-I moved into the office for the winter. housemate wants to cut her time here in half & that makes me angry. we've already gone through this weeks ago! I want weekly & now he says it too much. well I sure don't want to lose her when she becomes an EMT! figure pay her good & she will stay. love having the place smell so good & clean floors. she's fun to have around & full of energy.

Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3285373939899100101102103104105106 LastLast