Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 255070909596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1057

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

sleeping ok and its not hot here-but im depressed im poor i guess--poor i wonder why? i wont say-gov should increase my ssi check and for others increase minimum wage
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Oh where, oh where did everyone go!!!!! Three days and no ones posted what the heck...we all can't lead boring lives?

Clouds, I agree with you.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

well, i have been kind of planning the rest of my garden now that the patio is there. there are a lot of perennials on sale now, so i'm looking for some unusual ones to plant. i saw some lime green coral bells last year that almost looked neon, they were so bright. i want to find those again and incorporate them somewhere. of course, i have some dirt to fill in andthinking of where it will move stuff. i think i will move plants at the end of summer so they will have a chance to get rooted well before winter.

my gentleman friend takes me to breakfast once a week and tomorrow is the day we are going. we also get together on saturdays for watching movies or whatever . so far, everything has been nice.

my dryer has something wrong with it and my son took it all apart to help me save some money. only problem is he works and so he has to do things when he has time. i have been dryer-less for almost 2 weeks, but i rigged up a clothesline above my gate between 2 posts and i hang all my stuff on hangers to dry. so far it's been inconvenient, but not a total disaster. i hope he finishes putting the dryer together in the next 2 days.

it's been pretty cool here lately, mostly in the 70's, but kind of humid. we are getting light showers every couple of days. it actually feels more like spring! we've prolly only had about 6 days where the temp was above 90 this year, so i think it's been cooler here than it usually is in summer. fine with me. there is a big garbage pick up this friday and i swear i am going to clean a bunch of junk out of my basement! i also have to patch some shallow holes in the concrete on the porch because my home insurance company told me to. i just want to get a couple days of sunny weather and no rain or chance of rain.

and this and that has got to be done, too.

i'm sure once football season starts, everyone will be back .

thank you all for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 08-06-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Jeannie glad you have so many projects. and having fun with your new guy! Dawn, nice wedding eh? don't blame you one bit for not liking those trips to Mt. i've been there alot myself. Clouds, try not to let the deprssion rule your life. reason I'm not here much is the beautiful weather keeps me outside all day & my eyes are getting worse by far. fawn twins come around to eat most mornings now. think might be 2 different sets!no rain all summer!

using my old glasses. hope it helps! still having summer weather here. little bit of rain. nice day yesterday cause a lady came & cleaned the house! best thing that's happened here in years!! she's young & strong,very busy gal: firefighter soon to be EMT,studying for BA in infant nursing, commercial fisherwoman, was here 3 hrs & coming back nxt. Sunday to do more! woke up this morning still excited.brought back memories for me cause I used to be the cleaning person myself. now I can't do much of anything.

Sissy got one of the bunnies last night. & a baby mouse this morning. still won't sleep in the house-knows Mister is gone figure she will come back inside by winter.

oldest son has a new GF. he's very excited, me not so much cause she's still married, has 4 daughters & 2 grandkids. I'm afraid he's gonna get hurt.

youngest son still gone & dread him coming back! he's scary & dangerous & hopefully will be gone for good soon. should never have let him back into my life. kids always come first but I'velearned my lesson finally!

hope everyone doing well hard to believe summer is over almost isn't it? my health is worse especially my eyes. maybe next year I'll finally get a diagnosis? I just know I can't do much of anything.

Community Member

Sorry I haven't stopped in in a while! Miss you all - hearing what you're all up to.

It's been a month since I posted and wow am I feeling much better:

Joy, are you sleeping better?
    Pati, congrats on keeping off the 30#! Sorry your eyesight isn't much better. I agree with you on the weather - Clouds, have you had nice weather by you? I love being outside. Really helps me feel better.
    Jeannie, a new man?! Good for you!!! I hope it's working out for you if you do like him!
    Dawn, so glad the Wedding went well!!
    Clouds, you are SO right, minimum wage is AWFUL. I can't believe that it's only gone up by a few dollars in the last 20 years. Sucks.

I am SO GLAD I "ditched"- as Joy said and I loved it - the Bipolar med! Two months now and I am doing really well. It's been tough but therapy keeps me going. I would have not had the strength to get off these meds had I not learned the skills as to how to deal with myself. DBT is amazing. I am so much better at catching myself before I react poorly. Whew. I ended up going completely off Lamictal and down to a 1/2 dose of Effexor. After I got off the Lamictal I was feeling a lot of anxiety and having panic attacks. The doc thought lowering or going off Effexor might help with that. Just cutting the dose in 1/2 has done so much. I just can't even explain how much better I feel. I was Definitely misdiagnosed. Who cares what the labels are anyway. I know I have OCD and I work really hard to not do the rituals - Prozac helps and therapy of course too. I'm a 47-year old woman with a bunch of peri menopausal symptoms - that would depress anyone haha!! But seriously, I feel Adderral had been a Godsend for me. I love being able to focus.

Is Julia OK? I have to go read the prayer circle thread now. I so hope she's all right.

I'll work harder to be here more often. I want to.

Love to all,

Sly

it is always good to hear from you sly. i don't know what has happened to our group, surely everybody can't be so all busy as to not have time to post anymore.

it sure is lonely when no one posts much. i do not have anything going on and do not even feed the birds like i use to do. so don't have that to talk about these days even. hopefully everyone is well and staying busy. and not anything else healthwise detaining them.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

it has been VERY warm and humid here the past week. we're getting a break today and then next week the temps are supposed to drop into the low 70's!

i went and got my haircut last week and i also had a doctor's appt. to get a physical and some blood work done. my bloodwork is all fine and my doc is happy with me. he wants me to see a dermatologist for a mole he thinkgs looks suspicious, just as a precaution. i also have to see an opthamologist. i have appt.'s next week tuesday and wednesday .

i got some flowers last week. something that has dark leaves edged in chocolate brown with bright white flowers, it's related to joe-pyeweed. i also got some more coral bells, they are apricot and orange and tan colored, very pretty. i found some ground cover for under my yews and some coral colored phlox. the phlox i bought last year started to bloom in august and it is SO fragrant. i can smell it's fragrance every time i pass by it. that's why i bought 2 more and i am planting them all around my patio so i can smell them when i sit down and relax. one of my rhododendron's leaves are curling under. i read about it and it's a kind of fungus. i have to dig it up and throw it away.

i am moving my daylilies to against the back of the house, so i had to dig a trench and put up a black hard plastic barrier, so the plants don't naturalize into other areas. i planted some plants yesterday and i was sweating from the humidity. of course i have to dig up dirt and move it and mix it with organic manure and peat moss because my soil has so much clay in it. i sit on the ground and mash the soil with my hands and throw away any clay clumps that don't break up. then i mix in the other stuff and wheelbarrow it back to the area i dug it out of and refill it. then i plant my plants. it is a lot of work, especially when it is warm and humid.

i am still doing my zumba class every monday because i need to do more exercise in addition to my garden work...NOT. i just love zumba, that's all.

so, i'm sorry i haven't been around. when i sit down at 9pm after playing with the dogs and gardening, i don't get up. my dryer is still not working, so that adds to stuff i have to do casue i have to hang clothes outside.

thank you all for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie

plants1.jpg plants2.jpg plants3.jpg plants4.jpg

the first plant is the joe pyeweed, the second is the caramel coral bells, the third is the coral phlox and the fourth is the groundcover called ajuga. you can click on the pics to see them bigger :)
    Last edited by tic chick; 08-30-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh where, oh where did everyone go!!!!! Three days and no ones posted what the heck...we all can't lead boring lives?

Clouds, I agree with you.

facebook?twitter?
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

its a cloudy day but the deadly UV rays still gets to us

its been a hot summer around 80 with sun

i know its hotter elsewhere

Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 255070909596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast