Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 24496989949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

Jeannie, sorry about the guy, maybe after he deals with his stress he will be more willing to go out.

Pati always love to hear about your wild animals.

Sly, hope you coming off the meds is going all right for you.

Jo, prayer go out to you for Thursday and everyday for you to get better.

Chris, wish you would just check in and say hi. Let us know what's going on in your life.

Still dealing with things for the wedding. Busy getting caught up in all the hype about what to have and what not to have. It will be a small wedding since his family is going to have a party for them when they get to Montana. We should have around eighty. Which is a nice crowd to have. Here we started out to have a very small wedding.

Pati, hope you are surviving the heat and anyone else who is dealing with the heat. I feel for all of you. We are in the eighties here. No dew points whatever so,
    Take care,
    Dawn

Community Member

Hi all! Thanks for asking how I'm doing. :) been totally off Lamictal since Saturday night. It was a 3-week taper. I feel pretty good. A bit agitated, teary and really tired - that's about it. In other words I think that's not too bad at all.

I am SO hopeful that I will be able to not go back on another bipolar med! Each day I feel better and better and hope it continues.

How's everyone feeling? So many of you are in areas where it's really hot? Not here - Wisconsin. It's kind of chilly but I actually don't mind that.

Wish I could stick around longer but I have to go. Thank you again for thinking about me! I come here pretty much daily and read too - I just leave this page up on my phone browser. I think of you guys often and am sending lots of love out to you all!

Love,
    Sly

so glad to hear from you sly. i do wonder how those that don't post but will admit at times i can forget names but know your circumstance. dawn i like hearing about wedding plans and pati i have been thinking about you because i feared it might get hot in your area but i had no ideal it would get that hot! i remember you had difficult when it gets to 80 so had you on my mind. i have been busy with grandkids as young one does not have place to stay so we had him day and night so we could take him to his extra classes he still goes to and also the older ones some days. in fact she is yelling when am i coming to bed right now, lol.
    happy 4th be safe. hope you all have fireworks &

Last edited by joy; 07-03-2013 at 08:43 PM.

my rotator cuff injury from02 is hurting bad when I have to raise arm to computer to type. so may be missing for a time. . and both laptop computers are trashed, junk

Default sly

how are you doing? i am with you on that being glad when i can leave a medicine off. but i am ever so careful when i do it and it has been when doctor approved.

hot hot hot but easier to move that is until that salty sweat blinds you. my hair looks af if it has just been showered. but it sure doesn't smell that way lol. way to much info i know

Community Member

Not doing quite so hot right now Joy. :( My "issues" are so minor though. Almost 3 weeks with that bipolar drug out of my system. I'm moody but haven't swung really high or really low. I'm not even going to say "yet" because I'm not even going there. I am hoping this is "me."

Not sleeping a lot - my fault. I know that's why I feel yucky. I really need to try to go to bed earlier tonight. I'm really tired so if I just do it it should work?

I hope everyone is ok. I just saw a prayer circle thread for Julia. I hope this isn't something new. I'm going to go read it.

Love to all,
    Sly

i am having same problems with sleep myself. my crainial issues have been bothering me and that is partly the reason is lack of enough sleep i am hoping so anyway, not the progressive mumagoo stuff as the doctor said it was. finding out it is so even on medicine.

i have lost so many phone numbers with computer and phone loss i use to keep them on paper but as things slide so does keeping things on paper. i have talked to julia in past but when i did find some of my contact information it had only the e-mail info and not phone or even home address.

it is always good to hear from you and hope your issues get under control and stay that way. wow for even trying to ditch any drug that doesn't seem right for you.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

it has been such a busy few weeks!

first of all, i had my concrete patio poured last week tuesday! it is 10ft.x13ft. and it has a short curved walkway coming out of the middle of it so i can put my gate at the end of it and walk out the back part of the garden area. i wanted a pink patio, but the contractor told me the additional costs of using a color. he had some chocolate brown sprinkle-on color that he said he could brush onto the concrete and it could give it a nice color. then he took a plastic stencil and went all around the edges making a flagstone rock design. he sealed it so it would repel water and it added a nice shine to it and brought out the color more. his suggestions saved me about $500. i am so happy because now i can plan out the rest of the garden!

i have some more nice news. i'm dating a really nice man. he's taken me to breakfast the past week and he came over last saturday to watch a movie with me. i've known this person for about two years already, but i didn't think it was a good idea to get involved. then a few months later, i found out some information that changed my mind. i started emailing him the end of last year and then kind of stopped because so much was going on around christmas. i've been talking on the phone with him every night for a couple hours the last 3 weeks. it feels good to talk to him and it feels right to be with him.

i wrote an email to julia's hubby asking how she was doing...that was almost a week ago. i haven't gotten a response and i am worried, so i think i will call again.

pati, i had a dream that i was talking to you on the phone and you weren't happy about something. i hope you are feeling ok and things are going fine. please pm me, cause i am concerned and i care !

now, i am going to have to transplant some flowers. i have to find out when is the best time to do each one. i'm getting more ideas and i'm excited!

i hope all of you are doing okay! it cooled down here nicely after hte week-long heat wave and it's going to be a beautiful week coming, temps in the upper 70's!

thank you all for sharing and caring!

jeannie

p.s. i heard from julia herself tonight via email! i wrote more in the "prayer circle for julia" thread.
    Last edited by tic chick; 07-23-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

[BOK here, son drives me nuts but he's gone again right now. almost finished with staining the shed. other son has been here past 2 weekends for short visits. new cat chases Buddy the granddog! never seen anything like it.
    twin fawns are soooooo cute! we have a spike & a two point hanging around also,

my eyes are drving me nuts. already had them adjusted twice. giving up now.

still keeping off the 30#.

weather finally changing,eastern part of state has wildfires. getting very dry. had a few sprinkles last night & relieved to be able to breathe.back to 80's next week.

happy Augustveryone]cuse all my typing mistakes![/B]

The wedding went without any problems. It was a beautiful ceremony with all of the flowers from the venue. Some people went to the zoo before walking over to the venue for the wedding since it was in the same place.

We moved DD out to Montana. The horse and dog went with her. YAY!!!! The dog is having a hard time adjusting being in a new place. I do miss the dog. Even though we didn't get along that well. I know that DH misses him more. They were buddies.

I know for sure that I'm not driving back out there again. It takes two days of driving. That gets old. I've driven out to Montana eleven times in the eight years that she kept moving back and forth.

Jeannie, glad that you have found a new friend that you are getting along with,

I'm looking at maybe going back to school. Don't know that I will be able to handle it. My memory isn't the greatest.
    Last edited by dawnmn; 08-01-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 24496989949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast