Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 224767879293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

[B]Dawn,I'm still here! just haven't been writing since I got rather upset one day when my post didn't go through. not supposed to complain here though. had my new glasses adjusted & bifocals still not working for me. good thing I resisted donating my old pair eh? told to give them more time.

Dawn,sure glad you found a new venue! and thanks for giving me a kick in the butt to actually write something. yes,I recall when a bridge collapsed there & some people were killed. We don't get a new bridge & the temp one is a few weeks away yet. traffic has been bad but more scary we spend so much on worthless round a bouts rather then fix dangerous things. a state trooper was killed doing traffic control in a small place near by. sad.

weather is perfect for me now in the 70's. can wear summer clothes that fit so much better having dropped over 30#. still being very lazy-just zero energy.

Mark, my youngest son has left here in a big huff. he's addicted to pain pills & his rage is frightening! I should have tossed my pills when I got them! made me very nauseus (sp) steroids were a big help though. left his cat so now I have to deal with cat fights,etc. by myself I figure Mister is my cat now!he's a beauty but mainly stays upstairs. Sissy stalks him & picks fights (he won't fight back). also no more canned food! he doesn't like that too much but too bad. finally opened the window cause I won't clean the litter boxes either. back is finally better but still hurts some.

my older son Paul had a birthday last month & finally got his present. we're meeting him for lunch Sun. he only has one day off so we'll celebrate his & mine together. I'll be 64 tomorrow & housemate will be 75 in a couple of weeks. one more year & I can get my eye surgery!housemate is actually OK recently, either he's feeling guilty or about to do something I won't like. sorry if I sound cynical but I've learned a few lessons in life.

Dawn I hope you will post pic's of the wedding! Joy, glad you seem to be doing better & Jo hope your surgery will improve.

planted all petunias in the hanging baskets & they are all blooming now. nasturiums are beginning to bloom too.have 2 hummers this year. lots of critters still being fed including the mallards.

guess that's about it. actually had a conversation with my Dad he's made it to 88 now & has a Huverround he loves cause he can't walk anymore.sounded sane & that's a big relief,we don't discuss mom at all. since letting Mark move in here I've become much more sympathetic about my brother. family is what matters in the end. I don't know if we'll let him come back here or not. housemate misses him cause he helped mow lawn & did a great job of weed eating but I'm still hurt & it's much less stress on me wih him gone-plus he shouldn't have left his cat!

hope y'all are enjoying the rain we're sending your way.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

HAPPY Birthday PATI. I know it's not on right thread, but don,t have much strentgth t stay long.

I will be glad to get this ORDEAL over and done with. Will see the second surgeon tomorrow. Hope he will set the date to get the stents out. I've had a time and I'm goin+g to be very happy.
    Hope all are as well as possible. I love all of all. Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

do you eat GMO foods?
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Hi Clouds. What is COM M foods ? I'M USING THE KINDLE FIRE SO THERE ARE TIMES THE CRAZY THING THINKS IT KNOWS WHAT I WANT TO post,, but is wrong

Better rest for awhile. Give too much energy...... l will be happy to get to feeling better. Miss all of you

Take care and will be happy to get back to normal. Love you all bunches. Jo
    Last edited by Jo6; 06-13-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

i sure hope they got you gfixed up good julia. and hope you heal fgast and can stay with us for longer lengths of time from now on. sure is awfully quiet around here most days and i miss everyobe.

They haven't quiet finished yet Joy.. I go to the hospital next Friday so Dr. can take the 3 stents out. He said if I did ok I could come home late afternoon. I pray all goes well . Never dreamed removing a gall bladder would be so much trouble. Please say a little prayer or too for me.

Daily Joy, you behave running around laying eggs!! hahahaha I may have to try it too. lol my love to all, Jo

for my brother Ben

Jo, I hope everything goes well for your appointment. Also, that you feel better soon.

Not much going on. Just waiting for the response cards for the wedding to come back. I hate the waiting to see who's coming and who's not. Can't people just send them back when they get them instead of holding onto them.

Pati, how did lunch go with your son?
    Take care,
    Dawn

you know that you will be in peoples prayers julia. i hope it all goes like it is "suppose" to, however that is. and that you heal real fast. then get bacfk here and tell us about it ok. much hugs and love as well.

Lunch went fine,kinda expensive . I ordered halibut. Paul had just shaved his head for the summer & I didn't reconize him when he entered the restaurant! he seems to be doing just fine. too bad I cannot say same for other son

please excuse my typing as I'm wearing my new glasses

Community Member

Wow it's been a while. I'm here Dawn! :) Glad to see you all and sorry I've been away for so long. I'm going off my bipolar med so its a little "iffy" with me these days.

Going off it because of the side effects - at least we think how I'm feeling might be because of the med so we figured I'd go off to see. Side effects of numbness, high blood pressure, etc. long story but I'm I guess "excited?" to see what or who I am without meds. I'll still be taking Prozac and Effexor but yeah it's been 3+ years I've been on them and its time to check it out. So far I feel weird? Like I have tons of energy and I'm happy? lol who knows what's up. Half way through the taper of 3 weeks and then one full week to see how I feel. Will go on something else but I really hope I don't have to.

Dawn, I think the DJ thing will be fine. Later wedding so later partying that's what I think. :)

Pati, I didn't realize you lost 30 pounds?! Omg that's GREAT!!!!! Good for you!!

Julia, are you ok? Worried about you.

Haha Jo, that's that LOVELY autocorrect function that all these devices have these days! So if meant to write a certain word and it corrects to a totally different word - happens to me a lot.

Hi Joy! Hi Cloudz! Hi everyone. :)

I will try to post more often. As you know I always say it helps me so much. It really does!

Love,
    Sly

Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 224767879293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast