Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2651719196979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1057

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

some rain here but still way too hot for me! never thought I'd be complaining about day after day of sun! still have 2 sets of fawns. haven't seen one snake all summer-yeah! went to my new foot doc yesterday & she has a puppy in her office now. Short haired German duck dog,maybe what Jeannie has? cleaning lady has been her twice now. love having clean floors! got a new carpet remant for the LR. didn't cost much more than to rent a machine & buy spot remover. drinking vitamin water for energy-have to admit it does help a little bit.

oldest son is in love & has been coming over on weekends to gab about her. I don't even want to meet her til her divorce is final. at least he's happy & I'm glad. hope it works for them!

garden is almost dead now. so are my flowers. thinking this will be a bad winter & come early Maples are turning color already & everything is just producing or flowering weird this year.

also wondering where everyone has gone-guessing facebook.

hope everyone is doing OK. I haven't fallen for awhile. brain still scrambled though. my lifetime friend lost her mom couple weeks ago she was 97. other longtime friend & her DH will be here next month for a quick visit.

kermit the frog has been hanging around in my plants. Sissy the cat has finally begun sleeping in the house again. dog is OK too.

hope to hear about all you that are busy. NO more sickness/ hospitals/ bad stuff.

Hey there! I'm still around, just haven't posted in quite a while. Sorry.
    I'm tired of this tedious heat and sooo ready for brisk Autumn weather.
    Still working at the zoo....it's my therapy, really, being with those wonderful animals!
    My dear birds are fine. They save me, with their love and companionship.

Take care. Love from Marion

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Hello everybody. Good to see your post, Marion and yours too my dear friend Pati. Yes, it looks like its been kinda quiet these days. I have missed posting and reading what others are doing.

Sorry Pati, I seem to take 2 steps forward then 3 steps backwards. I get to going along thinking all is getting back to normal, then I do something like fall and hitting my head very hard on a grove on the door. How I stumble over great toe I'll never understand and I end up sailing thru the air. That door is very hard and it stopped me in my tracks.

Things aren't going too well today. I hope to hear from the Neuro Dr. one day this week and get the results from the EEG I had done Thursday. I want to go off the Keppra ((for seizures)) It didn't sound too encouraging Thursday.

Like Joy,, these things will pass, I hope for all of us. Pati, I miss talking to you.. You don't sound like the bouncy full of life Patti that I know. What's wrong sweetie?

I did smile for you when you said you had a cleaning lady twice a week. Now that is the Pati that deserves to be treated like a Queen. You take care and I'll be in touch.

Joy, it was good to talk to you. Sounds like you are still racing around like I try to do and it will catch up with you. now you behave now!!

To everybody else here I hope you are doing well. I seemed to have missed spring and summer and fall will be here soon. I can't remember so much and I don't like that!! When I have one of those horrible seizures it takes so much from me. The fall last night didn't help'.

Where's "lil queenie"?? I miss her and don't see a post from her in ages. Guess I'll have to get the County Mounties out and hunt her down. I do miss you lil queenie. Write me and let me know how you are, OK ?

Clouds, I hope your depression is better. We all are very fond of you and want you to be well and happy.

Jan, glad you got back safe and had a good summer. Sly, please forgive me for forgetting your name. I haven't forgotten you and I'll come up with your name soon. Gosh where does the energy go? Maybe I have "iron poor blood", reckon?

Jeannie, as always, you cheer all of us up. I hope you are well. Dawn I missed the wedding. Did you post some pictures? Now I do remember a few things.

Mike, how is school going or are you already through? I know you have done well Well, I'll go for now, but I do thank all of you that have prayed for me and encouraged me along the way. I hope to be back real soon.

All my love to each and every one of you, Julia to for all
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Pati, good for you on having a house cleaner. I do wish that I could have one. Maybe someday.

I check in everyday and then realized that I haven't written anything in a while. We are in the 90's today. We do need the rain. Will be doing the rain dance soon. Every thing is turning brown which is not how it usually is. At least the 90's are not going to stay around long. thanks havens.

I have the wedding post blues. Not much is happening around here. I was always busy with something going on with the wedding.

I do need to lose some weight but am having a hard time due to the meds that I am on. It's a bummer working out and nothing happens. I also need to find a job working part time. I would love to find a job that I could work 15 house a week.

Chris, please check in with us and let us know how you are holding up.

Julia, so great to have you back. Hope you are getting better everyday.
    Last edited by dawnmn; 09-06-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Thank you Dawn. I'm working as hard as I can go to try getting back to some kind of normal. Hope the wedding went over great. It is a bit of a let down when all is over and done and everybody goes back on their merry way. Hope you can find something to fill your time.

Pati, I think we got all your rain this year. It has rained everyday since I can remember from last of winter. At least we are not in a drought and the lakes have all filled back up. Glad you are enjoying the sunshine. Ken walks with me every evening, just a little more everyday. It helps, but its slow going.

I'm glad you haven't fallen lately. That has been a problem for me. I fell last Sunday night. It was a hard fall, don't have a clue what made me fall. Head still has a knot and it is sore. I have had a headache everyday since.

Oh well, I shouldn't be so clumsy. Well, since I haven't done anything in months except fall, hospital, a host of other things I'll close for now. I know it is depressing to hear things and I can't remember if I've said the same thing over and over or not.

I'm glad things are going better for you, Pati. You take care and hope the sunshine will continue to give you pleasure.

my love to all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

hello again. YES computer is at shop jo I just saw your post. hope you stop having falls and all. there is so much going on I cannot think straight and collect thoughts at samw time. but I am at the fire depRTMENT. TODAY HUBBY AND FIREMEN FED EVERYOE THAT HELPED US GET A CLASS 5 FOR INSURANCE . oops. anyway it starts nov 1st and will save everyone in the area a lot6 9of money. quite a neat thing. so ribeye, texas to0ast, corn on cob salad dessert stir fried onions and peppers, uuum they were delicious. and forget what all. wonder meal and it is always good to get to gether with folks.

sad thing tho both kevin and donna were unable to attend she iis suseptial to everything with her cancer and he is with his heart probloems. she had flou or something for 2 weeks and then he has had it for a week. it would have wonderful to see them.

sorry about spelling and all I just could not pass up oppertinity to check up. I was afraid I would not be albe to get in on a different computer, lol. took me a few times to figure it out but it was worth it to connect.

dawn I am glad you like being active and all. enjoy it and I hope you get to stay that way for a long time. weddings take a lot of planning.

pati I keep forgetting to mention sons' girlfriend. maybe this will work out for him. I aslways think it is best for everyone to have someone. I realize that does not always be the case tho.

jo I hope you are being extra careful. even I hve my walker setting out handy for those days I feel woozy. I hhve no desire for any more head bumps nor do I want any bones broken so keep both cane and walker close by.

Last edited by joy; 09-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Joy, so glad to hear from you!!!! You may not get this, but I had to try to tell you I miss you! I need to ask you a question about something to clean a wound with. HELP!! Love you, julia

for my brother Ben

Default wound clean

dear Julia we just bought a new cpu and I feel lucky that I was able to get here tonight. just know tho that iit still has a lot of tweeking to be done. now I remember back for one of my wounds they had a wound clean in a spritz bottle and that jogs my memory, yes the lady that came to clean and wrap my leg from cellulitis used a spray bottle and in it was what looked like water.

bottole is usualloy about 8 ounces and this one was called REPARA wound cleaner back said that contained surfactants to help remove dead tissue and debris from wounds.

is this the kind of wound you have, an open one with broken skin and all? I feel like you could get it t a drug store or they could tell you where to purchase it. the first ingeredient listed is purified water but lots more things follow.

answer as soon as you can as now I am worried about just what all you do have. it must have been another fall, yes?? oh I see so many mistakes and there is no spell check loaded as yet. hopefully you can tell what I am trying to type. you do remember the honey for my sore that had a gash, right? I would put a bandage covering over it because the honey got so sticky.

you do use paper tape right? I know my skin is tougher than some but they have always used paper tape to prevent any pulling or tearing of my skin. so I really think it is a good thing to use. gosh I have another bottle (long since probably out of date) around here somewhere but t least it would have a name on it.

I sure hope you did not hit your head. after my last one I looked it up and I have had my fair share of head bumps and it sounded kinda scary for those that have had well a couple anyway.
    I hope you are not as stuborn as I am about going to have things checked out. I think this past year has made me very aware that I am not invincible at all.

just thinking about everyone here and how much everyone means to me. sheesh I share things with you all that I don't people I see every week. and know that it is seen my many that I don't know etc, lol. going to read some more and catch up. take care

I checked back posts and found that Puddykat last posted approx. Aug. 2012. I am sorry to think that she must have faded out.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone!

well, i finally got my dryer fixed! i was debating in my mind whether i should call another repaiman because i had a feeling the first one didn't know what was really wrong and just wanted me to buy a $300 part for my dryer. i told my hairdresser about my dryer prob and she said her sister had a dryer that she bought from an estate sale and it looked in great shape and she would sell it to me and deliver it for $200. so i was also thinking about that. i decided to call another repairman and he found that 2 sensors were not working. he charged me the right price for the parts (i looked it up) and i got a senior citizen's discount...lol. it's nice to get one at age 58. anyway, the repair cost me $125. so i am happy i listened to my gut feelings.

i rode 14 miles back and forth from the eye doctors office a few weeks ago. my eyes are fine, no sign of cataracts or macular degeneration. good blood flow to the eyes. i went there because when they took a pic of my eye at lenscrafters when i had an eye exam, they noticed a brown spot on my left eye. my daughter had the same kind of spot in the same eye, so i think it's hereditary. they called hers a freckle. i told my primary care doc and he wanted me to see the opthalmologist, who told me never to worry about it cause it was just natural pigmentation. i had the mole removed from my shoulder and it was benign. so everything is good.

i am doing a few projects in my yard. i finally have a pic of my patio! i will post it. i got out my tiller last weekend for my latest project and ground up the dirt and mixed it with organic peat and manure. i'm getting some more stuff today and tomorrow i will plant my remaining plants. i still want to transplant 2 small bushes to another area, but that can wait as late as november, although i'll do it before that. oh! i got a beautiful butterfly bush called "black knight" which has very dark purple flowers. it grows about 4-5 ft. tall, so it will look very pretty when it blooms in late summer/early fall next year. i am planting it in the spot where i am doing my current project.

okay...pics!

View from patio.jpg

i made that half circle with the bricks in front of the patio. i had to dig out the dirt and shovel it into a wheelbarrow and dump it on the sidewalk and pick out all the rocks and stray roots from it. then i stepped on it to break up the big pieces and then i mixed it with maure, peat moss and some nice topsoil. then i shovelled that back into the wheelbarrow and put it in the half-circle. it takes 3 trips each way. i planted the coral phlox there and some pink and yellow asiatic lilies and 2 pretty red bushy plants called guara. i am also moving that light purple phlox you see in my garden on the right side of this pic in the background. to that half-circle. it smells so pretty and i want to be able to smell something pretty when i am out on the patio. the project i am working on now is between the half circle in front of the patio and the full circle above it and on the left. i have tilled that and added my mix to it. that is where the purple/black butterfly bush is going to go. OH! those are sunflowers that i grew from seed. they got about 8 ft. tall, but the heads were so heavy they bent down and started cracking at the bend, so i took them out because that is where my new project is. i am also going to put a 4 ft. x 4 ft. gate where those black little gates are at the top of the patio, where it curves in to make a little walkway.

here are the pics of the guara and the butterfly bush that i bought:

Gaura_crimson_butterflies_.jpg blackknight.jpg

the first pic is a guara and the second is the black knight. you can click on them to see a larger pic!

love and miss you all and i know i will post more after i am done with the garden for the year!

thank you for caring and sharing ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 09-17-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2651719196979899100101102103104105106 LastLast