Page 95 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2045658590919293949596979899100105 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

Jeannie, your bushes are beautiful.

I went to my ladies group. I had a good time. The ladies have bonded so I have to go more often to become a real part of the group. I'm going to try real hard to go every Monday.

We are in the 90's today. I have all of the windows closed, I don't want to turn the air on for one day in the 90's. My flowers are just coming up. The tulips haven't even bloomed yet.

My youngest daughter is hosting a shower for the oldest daughter this weekend. We are having both. Guys are welcomed to come. No games though. My future son in law is not going to be here, He's in Montana. It was just to busy when he was here in March. We figure we will just have pictures of him. lol

My youngest is still trying to get over to Scotland to go to school. She is trying real hard. I want her to go but on the other hand I don't. I won't be able to see her much.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sly4626 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't watch the news anymore Jeanne - I mean I hear it on but really don't pay much attention anymore. What's the point? All they talk about is bad stuff. I was a TV News Reporter for 6 years - and that was enough for me. Never again will I go back to doing that job. Never.
    they mainly lie
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

well good to have someone here to talk to, even if you have to figutre out how to make a remark, lol. it is good to have all that rain stop, at least I think so anyway.

Community Member

Hi all,

K so I'm at home of the couch after battling a tooth infection all week - well really for TONS of weeks.

Dentist pulled the tooth. Beyond salvageable. Good cause you know what? I couldn't take it anymore. Fevers, nausea, etc. Can't believe an infected tooth can cause all that!

I'm kind of embarrassed. Like, who gets a tooth pulled?! Someone who doesn't brush? I BRUSH!! Ew if I didn't. Anyway all the fillings and root canals failed on this and I just had a bum tooth I guess. All the way in the back, left bottom molar. Hoping I won't miss it.

The dentist agreed that this tooth could have been making me sick for the last 6 months! I can't tell you how many times I just had a fever for no real reason. Taught at least 6 or so exercise classes sick - Just last week i taught a class and then wet on to throw up. Ugh.

I did work for part of the day today - had to go home because I was feeling sick. Dentist says give it a few days and if I'm not better call.

Very much looking forward to feeling better. Being sick like I was/am still actually really sucked. So many people have it much worse though. I'm hopeful the problem is now solved. Grateful to be on the mend!

P.S. Cloudz - I'm not sure about lies but what I KNOW the media does - because I was the media once - is sensationalize things that really don't need to be sensationalized. They decide what story is the most "interesting" to them and then cover it. They don't care who it hurts or what it causes. They just do it for ratings. Still so glad I got out of that biz!

Hope u are all well. I haven't read a lot of posts yet here but going to do that now

Love,
    Sly

OK update on my very dull life. had bad case of sciatic pain all last week. went to my doc Mon. & got pain pills & steroids. what a relief!

have I mentioned my new memory foam mattress? I love it & sure hope it didn't cause the spine issue!

have some flower's blooming & got some annuals planted.rhoddie is in full bloom now.

oldest son went to E. WA for mother's day. mom didn't know him. brother has lost alot of weight
    . dad has a hoveround (sp) & enjoys whizzing around on it.

still feeding alot of birds & deer.

glad for everyone that still posts here!

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

well, i haven't been able to post with bt's probs yesterday and today.

pati, i'm so sorry about your mom , but i think you kind of knew that she's been having memory probs for years. i know it doesn't make it any easier, though.

i'll be posting some pics of my lilac bush, prolly tomorrow. the lilac that i moved from under the tree has so many blooms. i am so happy it survived and is thriving! the blooms smell so lovely, i just stand there with my nose in them and inhale...lilac high .

sly, don't feel bad about your tooth. molars in the back are the grinding teeth and the hardest to get to while brushing. i used to grind my teeth before i got a biteguard. my molar had a root canal in it and it broke last month. i had it pulled also. yes, infections do affect your whole body! certain people with heart probs have to take antibiotics even when they get their teeth cleaned, so they don't get any bacteria in their system that could affect their heart. take care of yourself!

dawn, i'm glad you went back to your lady's group! good for you ! i know how hard it is having to make yourself do stuff when you don't feel like it. i think doing stuff that makes us happy helps us get through the rough times. we can't change what is happening to us, but we can change our attitude about it .

well, we had 2 nights of freeze warnings on monday and tuesday. yesterday it jumped up to 83 degrees and the same today. it's been a great spring...good rains and then lots of sun! i guess it's all relative joy, if it's dry in your area, the rain is good. if rivers are overflowing, then it's not so good.

glad to see all of you!

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Community Member

Pati - lol to "have I mentioned my new memory foam mattress? I love it..." Does it really remember? I mean does it stay the same way as you left it or return back to where you were laying when you first started sleeping? Just wondering... Always wondered what that meant lol!

Hope the mattress DOES work for you - back issues suck!! So sorry about your mom. :(

Jeannie - It feels so weird not having a tooth there... I mean it's like my cheek caved in on it anyway and doesn't even miss the tooth? Know what I mean? I didn't realize just how much a bad tooth can do to your body. Once I started talking about it all these people are like "oh yeah that can really not be a good thing"

Just stopping in for a minute to see what's up. There are what, 7 teenagers at my house? They are in the basement shooting Nerf darts at each other haha. I LOVE it when they come here and are LOUD! My boy only has two more years of high school left. I cherish these days when he chooses to let me in on some of his fun. The girls keep coming upstairs and telling on the boys to me hahaha! Goodnight all.

Love,
    Sly
    Last edited by sly4626; 05-17-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: I can't type lol

"Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

well, some pics and a mystery bush.

these are my big, regular lilacs. i think they are overgrown. if you look closely, you can see nick under them .
    IMG_0947.jpg

this is my french lilac. the blooms are more pinkish-purple and have a heavy lilac fragrance. i am not going to trim this bush much for a while because it has been in the shade too long and i want to see how much it will grow.there is a close up pic of the blooms, too.
    french lilac 2013-moved.jpg IMG_0952.jpg

this is a bird i saw in my yard saturday morning. i always open the shade in the morning and nora and i look outside and talk about what kind of day it's going to be and if we can play fetch that day. i saw this lime-green bird with black and white feathers. i have never seen a bird like this in my yard! i found out it was a black-throated green warbler. they hang around in ohio mostly, so i don't think michigan was too far for it to fly as we are right above ohio.
    Black-throated_Green_Warbler_s36-32-033_l_1.jpg

and this is my mystery bush, its about 5 ft. tall and 5 ft. wide. it gets light pink buds in the spring. the buds are together in 2's all over the bush. they open and turn white. the flowers are tiny, kind of star shaped. i think the bush might get red berries in the late summer/fall. i have a close up pic of the flowers on the bush.
    IMG_0950.jpg IMG_0949.jpg
    thanks for any help with the mystery bush.

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 05-19-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

They got legal pot here i think

Page 95 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2045658590919293949596979899100105 ... LastLast