Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 184363838889909192939495969798103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Community Member

I don't watch the news anymore Jeanne - I mean I hear it on but really don't pay much attention anymore. What's the point? All they talk about is bad stuff. I was a TV News Reporter for 6 years - and that was enough for me. Never again will I go back to doing that job. Never.

Distinguished Community Member

Jo I thought I had sent you an email. that may be just my thinking tho so I will send one for sure after I exit here. I hope you get all the numbers of everyone you had back. I know I hate losing all my information every time computer crashes. I hope you are feeling okay these days as well.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Daily Joy, I did get mail from you, but didn't look at the time. I do so thank you. I hope you are feeling better..
    this is one of my "Drs. weeks". You know the drill, don't you. that wears me out more than anything I can think of.

I am sad about my family Dr. He went to have some routine test done and they found cancer. We are going to have to find a new Dr. I really hate Cooper is so sick, but you just don't think about our Drs. getting sick and dying. He is only about 2 yrs. older than I am.

Dawn, its hard to believe you are still having snow. my flowers are all blooming , they are all beautiful. hope you have a good trip.

JEANNIE, WATCH OUT, I think I see a RAT!! lol lol Yrs. ago it was cold and they will get into the house any way they can. Beth and I were sitting on the sofa watching a movie. We both saw this little mouse, we both screamed and jumped up on the sofa. that thing jumped up about a foot. He went and was very still. Ken said we made it have a heart attack. I made Ken kill it and put it outside. Beth cried and told Ken she just wanted he to take it out of the house, NOT kill it!!

well, gotta go take my meds. late already. love you all, Julia

. btw where is Pati? haven't seen her in awhile.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Hi all, it' beautiful here today.the wasps have invaded us again. bought a new memory foam mattress & i love it. managed to throw my back out . I just can't seem to get a break eh?

tulip fields have been cut so might not have a sale this year. went out for lunch at a new place-chinese,didn't like it much. in fact don't like to go anywhere I've never been cause of my eyes.

getting fed up trying to type too.

Community Member

Hi everyone - it's late and I'm off to bed but remembered I wanted to stop in!

Buttons - How's your back? :( Better I hope?

Ok well Just wanted to give everyone a hug and say hi. I hope to post more soon.

Love,
    Sly

Hi all, yes my back is MUCH better-thanks for asking Sly. discovered yesterday that I'd been taking wrong meds the past few weeks. so won't be saying my brain has improved any!well since I didn't drop dead guess it turned out OK huh? meant to drop the Metforim and discovered I'd missed my BP meds instead.

surprise snow yesterday on the passes. ( about 2 hr from here) getting so tired of cold weather. finally got shade up on outside window 3 birds crashed yesterday morning & died. itching to plant some flowers! the wisteria is beginning to bloom. iris have some buds now. lily of valley starting to bloom.

takes me forever to write so bye for now. my life is just too dull anyways.
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 04-30-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Bolded post that didn't bold.

the wisteria wines are ggoing wild in places here. I saw a white flower one and it was so unusual and beautiful. I am still an inside person, not going outside for anything except to get in vehicle and go to necessary places. the sun is shining tho so I am in good mood at least. hope everyone else has something to be happy about, however small. without a pet, it gets kinda hard to have a full days worth of something? well not being so alone or whatever. but still after just having grandpup, the small one, lol not the large big one, for a few days, still know not havin g a full time pet is better for me rather than trying to keep up an animal 24/7.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

well, we have a chance to hit 80 degrees on wednesday! most likely upper 70's though. it has been a great spring! there's been days of good soaking rains and then sunny warm days. i went out with my friend tonight for the first ice cream of the spring (we actually cheated and had one in winter, but ice cream in winter doesn't count, right ?). when she dropped me off at home, i gave her a quick tour of my yard so she could see my rhododendrons blooming, but it was already too dark.

my porch light was on though and she noticed my tulips! i couldn't believe how many were there! i had seen the leaves coming up, but i'm seldom in front of the house and i didn't see how many tulip heads had come up, though. i counted 40 of them on one side of the walk and prolly 50 on the other side! the grape hyacinths are in mounds! last year, i think there was a quick cold snap when the tulips were coming up and i didn't see many or maybe they just do better every other year. i definitely am going to be moving those tulips elsewhere either this fall or next fall, prolly next fall, cause i haven't figured out how i'm going to do the front yet. i don't want grass, just perennials and prolly groundcover and the bushes. maybe the tulips did so well because i cut down that stupid tree in front last year?

joy, you have to get 2 small dogs and then they'll keep each other company ! i read an article that named the best dogs for just sitting and chilling around the house. a lot of them were smaller dogs. i know nora would be so bored and more destructive without nick around. i hate to leave them alone because i have to make sure NOTHING is within nora's reach. i'm sure nick wants to cringe when he sees nora being bad, but he knows i always blame her and not him . he is a mellow dog, but nora is much friendlier to other people. they're just like people, they have good and not so good traits.

i went to zumba class on monday and i didn't feel so out of breath during class. i think what i'm doing is forgetting to breath...lol...while i'm moving. it's hard to concentrate on moves and move fast and breath. so what i did was hum along to the music and made sure i was inhaling and exhaling throughout the song. a lot of people forget to breath when exercising, so i know i'm not alone. right sly (the exercise expert)?

i'm happy to see you popping in regularly, sly.

julia, we used to get some little field mice in our house every now and then. i had my dalmation from 1990 to about 2003 and she was a good mouser. i had an old stove given to me by a relative, it was in great shape cause it was in his basement as an extra stove and he never used it after his wife died. so he gave it to us when i was pregnant with baby 1 or 2, i don't remember anymore. well, that stove had those spaces around the burners and a back that was partially opened. one night i was sitting on the couch (i knew there were mice somewhere) and i saw them popping out from those spaces around the burners. i bought a new stove, had it delivered, then had them take the old stove out during the daytime, when the mice slept. no more mice since them. but a dead rat in my yard, plus i found one in the front yard last year by my dirt pile...that is too much.

pati, thanks for your encouraging words in the other forum. we have also remained a strong support giving group in this forum! is your son with you still? i know what it feels like to be cooped up. when it rains here, it rains hard for 2 days and then it takes another day for the ground to dry in many places. have you read any new authors lately? i am having a colonoscopy thursday, just a screening because of the polyps and cancer in my mom and her mom so i have to get one every 5 years instead of every 10. i have this good HBO series movie to watch called "mildred pierce". the character is from a 1941 novel about a single mom during the depression trying to win her daughter's love and provide for both of them. good post-colonoscopy movie...lol.

pati, i noticed you had some probs bolding your post above. i'm going to try and give you a sample of an easier way to do it than highlighting.

first, press the BOLD (B) key above and you will see this:

2 "B" letters, in boxes like this [] [/] (no spaces in the middle, though and i can't put the B's in the boxes because it won't show up for me, but it will for you).

then put your cursor right between the B's in the boxes [] cursor [/] and start typing your post. your whole post should be bolded...and i'm going to try it so i don't look like an idiot if it doesn't work !

hey guys! how are you all doing? we had 10 feet of snow on my doorstep today and my hm had to call the st. bernard's dog rescue team to bring us some food and drink...(hey, i want to make this believable

hope that works...i'll see in a second! if you did it right, you won't see the [B]'s, just the bolded type! and there it is!

thank you all for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 04-30-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Everyone's flowers sound wonderful. I do have spouts coming up. We received some more snow. Eight inches of the wonderful stuff. We are to get to the seventies next week. Something to look forward too.

I can't fit into my dress. Was not a good move to order it online. I will most likey have to get major alterations done to let it out. I ordered two sizes too large and it still didn't fit. I guess they run small. Dang, what is done is done. Can't return it because they charge a 50% stocking fee. I didn't realize that until the dress came.

The flowers are finally ordered we just have to get the down payment to the lady. Sometimes I want to knock some sense into my daughter. She has to be the slowest person to make a decision or move on sometime. I want everything done and the vendors reserved. We are just two different people and I decided that it's her wedding. But people tend to look at the parents for the reception and wedding.

I have plants spouting!!! Maybe there is hope after all. I'll have a garden yet this year. I can always go to the farmers market and get my vegetables and flowers. I enjoy getting up and going to it on Saturdays.

Pati, when are you going to get your eyes done???

Jeannie, I wish we have some kind of dance classes. I'm sure if I looked around I'll fine one.

Jo, sorry about your doctor. I have to fine another one since my family doc left to go to another clinic.

Joy, I'm with you on the pet. I would love one but don't have the time for it. We are traveling too much.,

Sly, let us know how you are doing.

Christina, I sure do miss ya posting.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Jeannie, I still can't get this thing to bold!! BTW, where the heck do I go to get into Emotional Support??? I just accidently found it today by following Dawn's post on the "Home Page". I've just been giving up and pray someone will post more on Emotional S.

I tell you, everything just crashed right all along with my computer! Ken went out and bought Windows 7, took Windows 8 off my computer. Now I can half way find my way around. I hated Windows Eight. One day when I am not so tired out I will tell you Pati and Joy what I think Microsoft has done with Windows 8. It is not worth a HOOT!!

Now I just need where to find Emotional Support and how to bold!! I'm a pitiful mess

love you all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 184363838889909192939495969798103 ... LastLast