Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 174262828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

u use shoutcast?guess ill listen to "world crisis radio" with webster tarpley at 11 am west coast time-hes on all the time there though
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thank you all for the birthday wishes. I got to spend the day doing what I love, building, gardening pretty much alone. The 'MIL' came and hung out for awhile then cj's aunt but it was nice out and the day was good.

jeannie I was thinking the same thing. Clouds I don't watch the news unless something major like yesterday happens. It makes me manic. I get angry, and frustrated because I know that I am powerless against mankind's sicknesses so I keep my news to a minimum. There is very little else there besides death and politics, all kinds of ignorance.

It's been nasty here for a few days and we of course got a layer of snow on the ground that lasted the better part of the day, still some nooks and crannies it hides in. So I have been pouting in the house bored out of my mind. I have seedlings that need doing and my bench needs sealing and painting.

My baby brother's fiancÚ has asked me to be a bride's maid in their Halloween wedding. She knows I am crafty and it will be small, here on the property, a bit of a DIY wedding so she wants my help. She has no family here. They live on the bottom west end of the state. She's very sweet and funny. We get along pretty good. Plus there's that beautiful baby.

Have a great evening all
    Attached Images Attached Images

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

lil queenie, don't think I said Happy Birthday so here it is and hopes for many more ..
    reckon the future SIL will give you that lil angel you got there just smiling away at us? Its always nice to have a little one for short periods.

nag nag, don't ya hate it when someone just nags you to death? OK, my last nag,{maybe}. I will send you an email, tele #, cell t. #, and the rest you already know. Last time you were down this way you sent me all information, ALL of it except a tele #!! I could have called you even though it was a different day I could have called you and told you to come on down, yes? as Mrs. Mary used to say, over and over { sounds like a plan to me}

Ah Mrs. Mary, I do miss her. My thoughts and prayers are with you special caregivers .

My love and prayers are with you all. Julia

Last edited by Jo6; 04-23-2013 at 06:03 AM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Let's see if I can post now.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Sorry about the above post but I wrote a post before only to find out I couldn't post. Now I don't remember what I had written

We received another seven inches of snow on Thursday!!! Can't even begin to dream about planting. The kiosk garden stores are starting to pop up all over the cities. We will be lucky if we are able to plant in May.
    Take care,
    Dawn

the news means nothing its all lies
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Chris, she sure is a cutie!!!!

and let it snow, let snow. another 6-8 inches of snow.
    Take care,
    Dawn

aw that sure is a cute little one.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Daily Joy you sweet thang, am I gonna have to nag you too??? Oh I hope not.

Remember, when my computer crashed? I lost all my email addys and tele ###?

If you will send me a note I'll make sure you have all my info. I miss all of you and if BT crashed I only have lil sis's. Any body else wanta swap just let me know.

Yes, I just love that little sweet smiling baby. they give me warm and fuzzes.

love you all, Jo
    Last edited by Jo6; 04-24-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

well, it's been a beautiful 2 days so far! my yard dried out and i have played fetch with the dogs and i am also cleaning up the dog's mess and some piles of dried leaves that i have raked from crevices in the garden.

i found a dead rat in one of those crevices today! i screamed like the little fraidy-cat i am. i wondered why the dogs weren't going near it, cause i would have noticed that they were interested in something back there. maybe they are smarter than they lead on . so, i doubled up some plastic bags from the grocery store and i shovelled that rat right in there and put it in the garbage can. dam big fat rat he was, too. prolly 6-7 inches long, if my eyes can still eyeball that length . of course they feed on dog feces, but my dogs are not the only ones in the neighborhood and i keep the poop situation under control well enough in the warmer weather, although in winter it's harder to keep track of.

i few of my rhododendrons have flowered today and my forsythia is finally at full bloom since yesterday. i have written in the "what's growin'" forum for those of you that are interested in garden stuff.

i was taking the bus to my last therapy session last thursday and as i was waiting for the bus a lady stopped to make conversation with me. i think she might have had a stroke or maybe some slight mental impairment because of the way her voice sounded and how hard it was for her to get her words out. she asked me my name and told me her name. her name is the same as my mom's. so, yesterday i went up to the crowd that was waiting to get in for my zumba class and i saw her there! i walked up to her and asked if her name was h_____." she said, "yes", and i told her i was the person who had talked to her at the bus stop the previous thursday. then she remembered me. we talked for a bit and she is a couple years younger than me and just moved to my neighborhood (about 6 blocks away) last year. she walks everyday for exercise and therapy, she said.

so, i am over my chest cold. my thyroid levels were normal, so i think it just takes me a day to recover from the hour long zumba class. i have enjoyed spending the whole afternoon outside with the dogs the last few days. more rain predicted tonight and tomorrow and thursday morning, but no thunderstorms and not a lot of rain. better than dawn's snow, i think...sorry about that dawn!

chris, what a cutiepie the baby is! a halloween wedding will be fun. you can get help to decorate and you'll be all set for fall. maybe start some orange chrysanthemum seeds about mid-summer so you can have orange mums for part of the decorations?

okay, i have a few more leaves to rake up on the front lawn and bag before they get wet again. then some more fetch with the hounds and then trash tv !

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 04-23-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 174262828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast