Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 154060808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Pati & Joy, I understand why you both hated the new computers. I'm ready to take a sledge hammer to this one. On top of all the mistakes I make I was not able to save any of my email addys. I found Jeannie's on something I had printed out, but that's it. If any of you have my email addy would you send me a short note, just say hi or whatever I sure would be grateful.

If you don't have mine I will send it to you in PM. At least it is encouraging just to read your post.If BT were to crash again I would be up the creek and would lose all contact with all my friends here.

My depression seems to be getting worse every day. I'm trying to deal with some problems that I thought I had put to bed a long time ago. I don't know, I hate this thing jumping back up and driving me crazy.

take care all, Jo
    Last edited by Jo6; 04-06-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

made a note to email you Jo. BYT I keep all my stuff in an old fashion address book just in case. raining here today so a really boring Sunday. everything is green though! have begun the dreaded task of getting ready for a sale. still have so much left it's pathetic! mostly junk in my opinion. dreading actually talking to the tourists.

have a bloom on an old fashion viola. every little thing is good eh?

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

well, now i know why i was feeling like a car that ran out of gas last week. i was coming down with this major cold i have today. deep chest congestion and coughing. it hit me on friday. i saw my primary care doc on thursday and i had walked the 2.5 miles there, but took a bus home. i felt fine walking, then when i sat down i was so tired (usually i don't have any probs walking that distance). he took some blood to check my thyroid, which was what i was thinking was wrong. i'll get the results tomorrow, but i now think it was just this cold waiting to come out.

my forsythia is about ready to bloom. it'll bloom this week, we're having temps in the 50's but rain showers daily almost all week. my tulips will bloom shortly after the forsythia is almost done. in my yard, the daylilies are the greenest things around.

julia, it seems like some probs never go away. i thought i had gotten over my probs with my mom, but then they came right back when she got alzheimer's and i started being her caregiver. it was a similar situation to 40 years ago, so the feelings were similar and that's why they came back. i think counseling helps you to realize the connection between problems and maybe helps you resolve them for good. i pray you and your counselor resolve these issues that have been dogging you .

pati, i keep stuff in an address book, too. no worries that it's going to crash !

i'll post more when i feel better, i just wanted to check in today and say HI! to everyone. HI EVERYONE !

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 04-07-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Jo,was sure I had your email but I don't! sorry about that. since I'm ruled by Microsoft too I may have lost it from the wicked Windows? strange stuff goes on alot & I'm not on my 'puter much these days anyhow.

Very sad yesterday to know the cutest Mouseketeer ever has died. I was bummed all day.

cold here right now. short spring afterall? not complaining however,feel bad for all those still getting snow! not even gonna be 50 this weekend so not having a sale.

Hope your cold is better Jeannie & weather gets much warmer there.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Raining here but was lovely for a few days. The sweet sound of frogs has started won't be long til it reaches a crescendo here. Got some shots of my turkeys this morning. The tom out with two hens and a youngster. Sure warmed my heart to see that tom cause I thought he'd been made dinner last year.

My primary's MA has screwed up my prescriptions that were supposed to be transferred from my pain doc to my primary's office. So have been without pain meds for 5 days and without my fibro med for 3. Feeling it. Really pissed. Have an appt. in the morning with primary then I go back to my regular pain doc.

I am so sick of those damn women who get in them doc offices and act like they run it. I bet she never mentioned any of my calls to the doc. She never returns my calls just sends me a letter saying I need to come in and see my doc.

jeannie I hope that chest cold leaves as quickly as it came on. The only thing of mine that I can see are a few hyacinths coming up and my astilbe. My forsythia doesn't look even close. Still haven't taken the squirrel screen off of my cauldron.

BIg Queenie I'll email ya here in a day or two. I am so sorry you're down. I wish you would try some therapy. someone you can just release all of that to. You know how lousy I am at returning emails but I am a fantastic listener and know how to keep to myself but you know that.

Pati great job on the weight loss. I think I am slowly gaining some of mine back. need to keep getting back outside. It's supposed to rain here for the next 4-5 days. My grass is actually greening up today. It is amazing how fast it happens. Did you get your hands on the book Wheat Belly? I haven't yet but I also haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I wish I could get CJ to read it. im sure ill be getting it soon.

Dawn I'm so glad you get to travel. Hopefully we will be able to more also.

Stacy I hope you are getting some rest. Ya know we have a Procrastination List thread lol maybe you should pay it a visit. I keep my procrastinations on a list on my wall in chalk. Get thyself to a doctor.

Hello everyone, I'm still out here. I'm at the computer a lot but it's usually to do homework. Ton's of it. Will be so glad when I'm done this semester. I'll be done the 25th. and I'm ready. I was only taking two classes but my Child Development class has so much work. I get so tense in my muscles with all the requirements. Stress. But I have to admit it's a healthy stress.

It feels so good to have it rain instead of snow. Expecting thunderstorms today. I'm kind of excited about it. Only plan on staying home to finish homework for the week. Need to do some cleaning too.

One thing about school is I get to be around people. Makes me feel good to have normal conversations with another person. I come home and am so isolated I get to feeling bad and lonely. I do check in here for any postings , and even though I don't write often anymore, I feel like I do have a group of friends I can listen to talk.

on a more happier note, one day in the mail my sister sent me a ticket to see PINK! It was so exciting and sweet of her but be fore PINK came to concert Matchbox Twenty was in town. She called the night before and said she had tickets. So I have gone to both of the concerts. It was so much fun. Been such a long time since I had that much fun.

Anyway, things are going pretty well over all. Have some concerns and worry over my son lately, he's 25 and he's going through some kind of change. My daughter is doing real well with her Crohn's. She's takes a shot of Humera once a week and has a hard diet as somethings , like tomotos, she can't eat or will cause flare ups. But she's adjusting.

I think I have you all caught up now. I've been frying some hamburg while I type this and it is needing my attention now , so I'll sign off.
    I think of you all everyday.
    Dee

Dee,it's so good to hear how well you are doing!thanks alot for posting!

Chris,who is Stacy?

having a storm here today,wind & rain.

Community Member

Hey all! I need to get in here and post about what's up soon. It seemed as if I worked for everyone last week while they all were in Florida for spring break. Just catching up now from a crazy week.

Oh yeah total procrastination mode going on here. I'll head to the doc as soon as we have health insurance. Should be about a month now.

Oh and I didn't know if any of you knew my name! I'm Stacy! :)
    Last edited by sly4626; 04-10-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

blah. this rain is dismal.

well, today i feel more human. i am coughing much less, but i'm still tired. i wanted to start some seeds, but with this rain and my cold i can't go outside. the dogs have been freaking out cause this is the first time there has been thunder since last year. nicky especially freaks out and starts shaking. i think he remembers the morning we found him scared and wet in our yard during a summer thunderstorm. nora is getting used to it, though. nicky even came up on my bed last night and i let him.

dee! you should be so proud of yourself! i know i am proud of you . i remember last year when you didn't seem to have a purpose to get out of the house and look what you're doing now! you know it's funny, and not in a ha-ha way, that when we are happy other people are more attracted to us? i wonder if it's because it nicer being around happy people, or they feel less pressure to help with probs, or that happy people seem more confident? i thought about that because i remember the probs you were having with your sister when your other sister died and now your sister is going to concerts with you (i love matchbox 20, too). i do hope you are still in contact with your bil and your sister's children. i wish all the best for you and always look forward to your updates here (i know your doggy is happier, too )!

pati, i'm glad you feel your brain is clearing up from the concussion. i'm sorry you don't seem as excited about your sales though, cause i know even though they were a lot of work you enjoyed the interaction with customers. joy, keep hanging in there!

chris, if your clothes still fit you, you might be gaining muscle mass. muscle mass weighs more than fat mass, but takes up less space. a couple years ago when i started working in my yard, i had some new pants i had bought because i was job-hunting. i didn't wear the pants all summer and one day in october i went to put on a pair for a day in court and they just hung on me! too big in the waist and the seat and the thighs! i had to take in 4 pairs of pants, cause i bought them all at the same time. so while i hadn't lost any weight, i lost fat weight and gained muscle weight.

julia! you keep up on that treadmill...yes, i read about that . remember you can break up your workouts if doing 30 minutes at one time seems too much. if you do 15 min. in the AM and 15 min. in the PM, it's all good! you might even be able to sneak in an extra few minutes during judge judy then!

well, i am surprised i am watching american idol this year because i didn't last year. the women have some incredible talent and 3 of them are extremely good. i love candice glover, beautiful voice! so off i go to make my tea and settle in for a night of trash tv...lol .

love you all and thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 04-11-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

it is good to hear from everyone. dee I wanted a job after my chilkdren got older. Not for the money necessarily but because I wanted to be around people. Hubby objected but I won out. I did not want a job where I worked weekends so I could still be with family. I TOOK A FEW MORE CLASSES USING COMPUTERS AND WENT TO WORK AT COLLEGE. LOVED IT UNTIL MY ACHES AND PAINS GOT THE BEST OF ME. opps just play like those are all small letters, wink wink.

Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 154060808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast