Page 88 of 106 FirstFirst ... 13385878838485868788899091929398 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

And here I thought it was for the school kids. So it would be light when they are waiting for the bus. Oh well. Thanks Chris for the information.

Next Saturday we fly down to AZ. We are picking up my father in law's truck and driving it back here. He is going blind and can not drive anymore. He has been in the hospital down in az but is now flying home to go into the NH for a while. Which will be good for him to be back home where he has friends and family.

We almost have everything done for the wedding. Just need to find somewhere to get the flowers. We thought about going to the farmer's market the morning of the wedding to get the flowers for the bride and bridesmaids but then thought that would be a big gamble. We wouldn't know which flowers would be available.

I'm so tired lately. I just don't feel like doing much but staying in bed. The winter is getting to me. We had four inches of snow this morning. We are going to have six to twelve inches on Monday. When does it stop. I know I'm from this god for shaken state but it needs to end.

Hope everyone who isn't feeling good start to feel better real soon.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Community Member

Stopping in for a quick hello.

Dawn, I'm so done with this weather too. At least it's DST and there's more light and less dark! Haha! Yeah but seriously I am tired too and once it's a bit warmer and yes we have more an more light, hopefully we'll all start feeling better. :)

Weddings! Yay!!

Better go - Getting late and I have a class to teach in the morn.

Love to all,
    Sly

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Sly,,i'm sending you some sunshine. You too dawn. May as well send everybody some warm sunshine.

The sun and the blowing wind makes my sinus problem worse, so i sit in the dark and. Wear a mask when i clean house or go outside.

I've decided to be happy with. Anything that comes my way.

Love . All you precious friends, julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

thanks Chris for the info. I tend to go to sleep whenever I want & wake up whenever. one good thing about getting old I suppose.Have zero energy these days & getting rather digusted with my brain.

old uncle died the other day, sure wouldn't want to make it til age 102 myself! fun with his will now begins. not really related to my housemate however so don't expect any effect here. just family gossip which can be rather fascinating @ times.

son keeps my trailer clean & cooks sometimes. today he'll do the St. Paddy's day meal. really cold wind blowing here past few days.

sure is nice to know we are still alive & plodding along here on BT!

nice to see pink blooms on camelia & yellow forthsynthia (sp) I get frustated typing cause i hit wrong buttons every time.

thanks to all of you!

Dawn, when is the wedding? might want to order the flower's sooner than ya think. open the purse rather wide cause they will be a major expense I'd think.have a good flight to AZ.

Pati, it's in July. I know she has to get going on that but according to her I don't know much, lol

Well, we got another five inches of snow today. The wind is blowing.

I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE. Couldn't it be Friday cause then I fly out Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m.

Pati, sorry to hear about uncle.
    Last edited by dawnmn; 03-18-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Community Member

Julia - You go girl! Be happy with anything. Wish I could remember that one.

Pati - Sorry about ur uncle. 102 though? And did he have all his "faculties?" Cause if not I hear ya - that's dang old!

Freezing cold snow etc here on this 1st day of spring I believe? Or was that yesterday?

As usual I'm tired. Long day. One more week of a 12-hour work day on Wednesdays. I can do one more! Anyone can right! I'm gonna just go roll up into a little ball and go night night now. Haha :)

Love,
    Sly

ever notice how nobody here living in NICE weather? we had everything but snow yesterday. hail,high winds,monsoon rain,thunder good day for a funeral. Dawn,he wasn't my uncle. cold here today. sure not a nice beginning for spring! I actually pulled some weeds last week though. 60's would sure be nice! take care everyone!

Community Member

Pati - a friend of mine posts a picture of her car's thermometer - reads "19 degrees" and she writes "So happy it's spring!"

I don't know what it is but it seems like the weather in the last 10 years is just getting crappier and crappier.

Last year in Wisconsin it snowed twice. This year a lot and there's still snow on the ground now. Love it.

Yeah I'm a four seasons person. But I really am getting kind of tired of weather below 30 degrees you know? I wanna ride my bike outside when it's warm! Take a walk when it's warm. Is that too much to ask?

lol - kind of a weird mood tonight. Was talking to a friend from college about our dance group. We both had full scholarships as dancers in the ensemble. I asked her if she still looks at life the same way as she did back then - the always give it 110%!!! attitude. Yep we do - no excuses - work it until you just don't have anymore. We both still do.

Aha moment is over. Please go back to your activities hahahaha.

So yeah that's all I have tonight.

Love,
    Sly

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

dawn, if your daughter's wedding is in july, you should have no probs getting flowers anywhere. that is prime season for flowers! the farmer's market would have lots of stuff. you could pick out 3 big hydrangea blooms and tie them together with a ribbon. you could go with 4 or 5 (odd numbers of blooms look better) lovely big lilies, tie those with a ribbon, too. i would first secure them in a bunch with some green florist's wire though, so they are secure before you tie them with the ribbon. i'm suggesting ribbon cause it comes in so many varieties and you can do the flowers really quickly that way. you could also go into a big box store, like lowes or home depot and buy some potted plants with blooms and cut them off and do the same thing with the tying. simple is the word here.

pati, i'm sorry you're still not feeling well from your concussion and you too, joy. i would google "concussion after effects" and see if what you are experiencing is normal. i don't know how long the after effects of a concussion last and what they are, i guess it depends on the severity of the blow to your head and the location. joy, if you feel you are not understood, i would write everything down that you want to say before and just hand the darn paper to the doctor and let him read it. at least he'll know that your clarity of thought is still there...i can see it is. you too, pati. you make sense.

michigan is in a cold spell...we're staying in the mid-20's the last week and they say there doesn't seem to be a warm-up in sight. i do see buds developing on a lot of my flowers. the ground is soggy and makes a sucking noise when i walk on it with my rubber boots.

i have been busy the last few weeks. i walked to the hospital on a sunny, chilly day for my mammogram. it's about a 2 mile hike, but i took the bus home. i had to have some dental work done and i also got my haircut. i visited my mom and i'm doing my zumba and hustle class every week. i just want to work in my yard. i am going to ask for a gift certificate to home depot for mother's day . i am going to be finishing my yard and starting the front yard, so i'm sure i will use all monies given towards that purpose. i have given up on cutting the lilacs before spring because the ground is too muddy and it is too cold. i will cut after they have finished blooming and before they set buds for the next year. i'll have to google to see when that time frame is.

i am procrastinating painting the ceiling in my kitchen....still. i am just so sick of painting. it is a small kitchen, too. i just have to wake up one morning and have at it.

julia , i hope there are brighter days ahead for you!

sly, i'm with you on the walking and riding my bike. i would so much rather exercise outside than inside. i am really enjoying my zumba class...the instructor is funny and perky and she plays a few spiritual songs, which i just love. i am getting the moves faster and it's more fun to move to the music. it is a fast hour and i am breathing heavily and sweating when i am done. if you're breathing hard and sweating after any physical activity, you are doing something right . i might invest in the zumba tapes, because i cannot afford $5 for each class if i want to go 3 days a week. i do not want to zumba or hustle in the summer because i want to spend the evenings in my yard with the dogs, plus i get a lot of exercise doing yardwork. i hope to be sharing pics soon of whatever plants pop up first...for my information and your enjoyment!

thank you all for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

I have begun taking B12 again hoping it will help my brain & give me some energy. can tell it's helping a wee bit but it could take a LONG time for me to recover so just have to settle for patience right now.

Joy,NT has lots of people suffering from concussions & I get alot of info there even though it's mostly young people with concussions from sports injuries. that's actually how I knew I had a concussion in fact. have been registered there for years but never post since BT is my preferred place.

my housemate is off to the coast this weekend. bah humbug I had wanted to ride along & go see my lifetime friend until plans changed & they decided to go another way which meant a long ferry ride & there's just no way I'm getting on a ferry when I already feel seasick! it's too cold anyways. had 6" of snow! everywhere but here. sunny here today.

I haven't left this place in over a month now & am getting antsy! course I cannot think of anywhere I actually would want to go anyways. need all the peace & quite I can get. grocery store is not my thing these days!

hopefully we can all enjoy some flowers soon & yardwork.

Page 88 of 106 FirstFirst ... 13385878838485868788899091929398 ... LastLast