Page 86 of 106 FirstFirst ... 11365676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

Sly, I wish our small town would do something like that. Sounds like fun!!!

PATI, Did you fine another eye doctor. I'm lucky I have my BIL as a eye doctor. I went to the unversity hospital to have mine done.

Did I tell you that I ordered my dress. It's hunter green with the top being lace. Hard to explain. It's long to the floor.

Jo, are you o.k.?
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Howdy y'all. This print is so small I can hardly see it myself much less expect anybody else to read it.

I am doing this on the Kindle and this was the biggest I could get.

Dawn, I'm good, this thing was typing in English & some other language. I finally beat it into submission and it straightened up. I just wish I
    could make the letters bigger. It was sweet of you ask though. ((((Dawn))))

PATI I will go out and howl at the moon to night. Maybe that will make the letters bigger. ((((PATI))))

Hi to everybody. I will go to my computer and write something y'all can read when I feel like sitting up.

My to all, Jo.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

I guess I am just ignorant. I see the BOLD under settings, but I can't get it to go bold. HELP ANYONE?
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Community Member

Dawn, my aunt just told me that she read that our town was named one of the best little towns in America apparently. And actually I think I remember seeing that article! Sorry for bragging lol. I grew up out east but this where I BE!

Jo - Weird - I can't really tell what the size is? I think it's cause we're not typing on computers maybe? I mean you said you were on your Kindle? On my phone everyone's post has the same type size but I can see bold though. Weird.

That dress sounds really nice! I don't know but can we post pics on this forum within our posts? Probably but I just haven't done it.

Busy day. I taught three very challenging fitness classes. Can you say ouch? Oh never mind I'll say it - OUCH! Haha!

Hubby just got his company car. It's a Ford Fusion and that means his Grand Cherokee is G's - as soon as he gets his license. Can't believe my boy will be 16 in 2 months!

Who watches Downton Abbey?!?! Fabulous!!!

Love,
    Sly
    Last edited by sly4626; 02-28-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Sly, You say your hubby just got a company car? Is that one owned by the Co. but he is using it for business? My hubby has had a co. car for the past few weeks cuz he/we travel back & forth from Ohio thru Indiana to near Chicago. One feature I like is that the seats heat up if you want (nice on a cold morning in 30* weather) & it has a built in GPS. Right now I'm sittin' in the hotel room in Ottawa, Ill. We go home this afternoon then he goes to the glass plant in N.C. for a week so I'll be home for a week. I beleive he/we go back to Ottawa the next week. Also..I see nothing wrong with wearing just the sporting bra & slacks/shorts to class.
    Lorraine (lor)

Community Member

Lor,
    Yep he uses the car for business - but they basically said you can drive it whenever you want. So it's kind of like the family car now? It has heated seats too - very toasty warm.

The company is actually leasing it. Hubby will start using it a lot this week when a guy from the home office starts riding with him to begin meeting clients. Learning the business this week. So grateful he has a job. And a nice plus for us in that our son has a car to drive when he turns 16. I'm still freaked out about that! :)

Speaking of G I think he has another sinus infection. When he gets them he gets dizzy and light-headed. The first time he had it they did all these tests but never really pinpointed the infection. Said it was higher up in his forehead. Might have to see the doc to get an antibiotic.

G worked on parallel parking today. He's really good at it. It was cute riding with him in "his truck." If we didn't have the company car I don't know that we could get G one. Plus I feel better knowing he's driving the Grand Cherokee - it being a bigger "car" or truck as we call it.

Hitting the sack now - I work in the morning at the elementary school and then Y child care. Man I've been chatty lately huh? :p

Love,
    Sly
    Last edited by sly4626; 03-03-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Chat away,Sly, chat away. *blog If you are like me you would love to have a normal key board to type on *mad

Good luck with teaching G to drive. I have got to get Lauren Julia to drive. She helped e teach me teach the other teen girls to drive
    She is the only teen at the moment, but has Abigail hot on her heels.

Dawn, put your dress on, get daughter to take your picture and put it in your album..We are all getting excited

How many of you have snow? I hope nobody is without power

Love you all and stay warm, Julia.

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

julia, if you are typing in the quick reply box or the advanced box, there is a way to make your print bigger. find the word "FONT" and next to it will be the word "SIZE"...that's the one you want. click down the arrow and you'll get numbers going from 1-7...the larger the number, the larger the font size. try 3 or 4 and type between the boxes that will show the font size. or you can just "click and drag" and then press the font size key and the bold key and you will make everything you posted bigger and darker. the "bold" is the big letter "B" the is next to the slanted I and the U. you can click and drag and then click on the B and it will bold your words, too

click and drag is simple to do. to practice it, put your cursor right before the "c" at the beginning of this sentence. press the left side of your cursor and drag it along the words. the words will be highlighted, just like you would do in a book with a highlight pen when you want to see where something important is that you want to save. try it.

okay, so my friend didn't go to the zumba class last night. so i took off my shirt and did zumba in my sports bra!!! what a difference! no sweat on my back and the freedom of movement is something else....not like i wore tight shirts to zumba, anyway, but it was nice not to have it on. and if anyone thought i was being disrespectful in a church, they were charitable enough not to say anything ! and that is what i think charity towards people is all about.

sunny day here today. the dirt is still muddy. it is supposed to warm up. i will be cutting those lilacs within the next few days. it is time!

i promised to take the dogs out, so out i will take them. we had about 2 inches of yucky slush last week. it started snowing, snowed hard then the temp went up and it turned to sleet and then rain and then back to snow. they closed the schools, i don't know why, it wasn't that bad. i went outside the next morning and pushed slush, i had to lift some of it on the front sidewalk in order to get it on the grass. very heavy. this storm that is hitting the midwest yesterday and today is missing us completely.

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 03-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gee, sun three days in a row I don't know how to act. course snow tomorrow. Our yard has spots of snow covered ice sheets all over thanks to the funky weather. Looking forward to the warmup. I have lots of work to do. Forced myself to go out with the dogs yesterday. Windy here today so they are on their own lol. Sun definitely starting to feel warm though.

Well now Jeannie you may have started a trend. Hopefully others take a clue and are more successful in all their dancing endeavors lol. I sure wish I could. Yeah after that "storm" I too wondered why they bothered closing the schools. Think it was supposed to be worse. What a mess we wound up with.

Jo do you use a stylus with your Kindle? I love mine though I got tennis elbow for the first 2 months of using it lol. I also gave ya an idea for a keyboard on one of your threads.

Sly sinus infections can be so miserable. When I was about 17 I actually had to go to the ER because my head hurt so bad to find out I had an uncared for sinus infection. Didn't realize how dangerous they can be if not taken care of. I hope it clears up for him soon.

Shortcake's grades are finally going up, kripes I feel like I am in school. I am emotionally and mentally exhausted at the end of each week day due to his problems with homework. we are beginning to think that he must float through his school day in a fog. I think it is just too much for him. He can't remember who assigned what or what the assignment is called unless I put it right in front of him. His teachers must think I'm a nut case cause I am emailing them all the time but I have to stay on top of it or he will be in 6th grade again next year and I think things would be worse.

I have also noticed that when he is in the presence of people he doesn't know he will not look at them. He is often asked a question but because he isn't looking at them he cannot see their body language to understand that they are talking to him unless they right out call to him. I often have to prod him.

his encopresis is slowly getting better. We finally got a four day weekend to do a thorough cleanse and he's being treated daily with Mirilax and Fiber. Still another challenge to get him on the toilet. You would think that doing something so natural would be no big deal but with encopresis there is a lot of evacuation avoidance.

He has a schedule on the wall with almost every moment accounted for. Otherwise he would do nothing except sit on the game on and off all day. Though he has been going outside more and playing by himself. THere's no bugs so he figures it's safe LOLOL.

Well I broke down the other day and bought a screened patio canopy to put out in Queensland. Yes that is the name of my little area of the yard that I plan to build on. I figure this is a cheap start until I get the wood for my little screen house. If you look at the pics I posted on Jo's thread in the ES forum you can see it in the background.

i found a pic so yous can see it. Gonna put a small raised garden bed at each little wall areas.

Well now it is late and I of course had more but my brain is tired so night

Attached Images Attached Images

Community Member

Jo, yep I'm still on this tiny iPhone keyboard with carpal thumb syndrome lol... I really could write in here via my laptop but I never feel like turning the dang thing on anymore! This little iPhone is all I need. :)

So I had a GREAT day! One of the best I've had in a long time. I taught three really tough classes though - one involved four 2-year olds (that was the toughest lol) and then I taught kickboxing and Bodypump. Whew. I had - and still have - so much energy! Feels really good. I am so blessed and grateful... I can't believe I complain about little tiny things you know? Ugh. Anyway, there was one woman in my Bodypump class who I hadn't seen in a long time. Once in a while she'd come to my Saturday morning class but I could tell she was "hard-core" in that she didn't like taking class with a teacher who was still learning. Anyway, after class she came up to me and told me I was really good "not that you were bad at teaching before (um yes I was bad at it lol)" and she really liked my class a lot! Woah I had goose bumps. I probably haven't explained this whole Bodypump thing very well but what it amounts to is that I really worked hard to be good at it. I hadn't felt I was really good at much or really anything after being let go from a few jobs in the last 10 years due to mental health issues (they always say its something else and make stuff up when you yourself know its because they saw you flipping out in a comer or was late a few times or called in sick two times in a row, etc). Anyway this Bodypump thing came up - the gym paid for me to train - they asked me to do it because they needed a teacher and chose me as the one who was going to learn this. And I hated it and really had a huge learning curve. It's an hour long class with 10 different choreographed songs. You have to learn it all - that's the hard part and the part I had the hardest time with.

OMG where am I going with all this?? I guess the best way to wrap it up is this: I spent 20 years in the business world with the focus, talent and know-how to go up the ladder in promotions only to see myself fall all the way down - in effect "succumbing" to borderline personality, bipolar and OCD issues, etc. I went to the hospital and got my crap together and then went down the path I always wanted to go - so I was no longer good in the "business world?" So what, I was good at teaching fitness and dance - what I always wanted to do in the first place and am now doing anyway! And this Bodypump thing - it was so hard to learn, really tough on my ADHD brain lol. And I got it and now feel really good about it. I can say I'm good at something again after all these years!! Well not say but FEEL good and confident about what I'm doing.

I hope I don't sound all "I'm so cool and good at stuff" as in conceited or something because that's not why I'm writing all this. It's coming from the heart and yeah - it's like you guys are my journal!

Is this real? Should I pinch myself lol?

Nah, I'm just plain old grateful and "happy to be of service" as Andrew the robot in "Bicentennial Man" would say if you saw that movie.

Time to go and quiet down haha. It's been a long big wonderful day and I am cherishing it and feeling grateful and blessed and sorry for complaining about little stuff you know? That's where I'm at.

Love,
    Sly

Page 86 of 106 FirstFirst ... 11365676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast