Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9345474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Clouds, what gets better ? Share,I need something to get better and better.

My head is blasting away. Any good remedies from all you very intelligent people? It's been hurting kinda bad the last week or so. Beginning to wonder if it's the e- cigarettes . Maybe time to do another step down.

Then again that may not be what is causing the headaches. I was up at 2:00am. I took some Tylonal instead of hydrocodone thinking that might help more. I think I will try that a few days to see if that helps.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Community Member

Buttons, yep that's what did it for me as far as weight loss/maintaining. I quit drinking alcohol - I liked beer. I still drink it once in a while, but never more than 2 in one night - and that's probably just once a month or not. Good luck to you and let us know how your journey is going! it's really, really hard to lose weight. You go girl!!

thanks for your kind words too. Everything went really well while hubby was away for work! I forgot to put the garbage out, lol. But G got up for school got ready and I had him there on time. Me too for work. All is good!

Love,
    Sly

Distinguished Community Member

Jo,you'd think I would have headaches-but no. hope your's goes away soon & stays away!

we all have something to be grateful for! we didn't get hit by anything from space!hehe

lots of songbirds here now. spring is a commin folks.

I got red tulips for Valentine's & last Friday sun was shining so they bloomed.had my choc fix on the cheesecake-ugh. figure I've lost about 20# now. darn tummy still too fat though.

I am feeling better. just getting very bored with this take it easy stuff. have an eye appt. Wed. with a new doc & will find out about cataract surgery.

got all the forms to fill out for medicaid. doubt I will qualify though. I don't have many expenses-rent,etc. sure would be nice to see again,not asking for 20/20 just be able to see.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey ya'll ,

i'll have one glass of wine maybe 3 or 4 times a week before i go to bed. it relaxes me, i sleep better.

i've had this feeling like something isn't right for the past week. not anything about my physical health, just this feeling that something is going to happen or...whatever. i don't know, i am tired of it. i went to my zumba class today. our regular instructor is out of town last week and this week. she'll be back next monday. meanwhile, we have this peppy woman who loves fast music and loves to jump and do quicker zumba moves than our usual instructor. that is fine. if i don't keep up with her the whole class, that is fine with me. there are about 20 or so women in our group. maybe 7 of us are in our 50's. i give the class my all. some nights i will wake up with pain somewhere...a muscle down my leg, whatever. during the class when we are bending knees, i can hear them popping, but no pain. i think i am doing darn good.

so, i am going with a friend of mine. she's about my age. i have black stretch yoga pants, sneakers, a sports bra and a sleeveless shirt on during class. some women keep sweatshirts or sweaters on the whole class. when i dance, i get hot, i start sweating. i asked my friend today if she thought it would be weird to take off my shirt and just dance in my sports bra. i am sure in the summer a lot of women might do that. some even wear shorts to the class now. i think i might do that cause i almost tripped on my pant leg while doing cross over moves tonight . so anyway, my friend thinks just wearing a sports bra would be weird and she thinks it would be weird because we are exercising in the basement of a church, not in a gym! if you've never seen a sports bra, they are very colorful and have crossed straps in the back and they are pullover style, no hooks and eyes. i have a blue one and two hot pink ones. i am not embarrassed to just wear a sports bra because i do sweat and get hot. sometimes i tuck the front of my shirt under the sports bra to cool down, but that does feel weird.

so, what do ya'll's think? is wearing just a sports bra and your pants to exercise in a church basement too weird?

i am getting summer fever! spring isn't here and i want some heat! i go outside with the dogs everyday and i make mental notes as to what i want to do in the yard. i bought some sunflower seeds yesterday, the ones that grow really tall and a dwarf variety that only gets a foot high. anybody ever grow those tall ones? do you have to stake them?

so, i guess that is all that's on my mind right now. big probs, huh?

sly, i am SO happy your hubby got a job! what a great relief for you! and yes, you ARE capable of running the house just fine when your hubby goes out of town! pati, medicaid usually goes by how much money you earn and how much money you have in assets (things like bank accounts, stock funds). that's usually what most states go by, but you won't know until you apply if you'll get any money, so go for it ! julia, i gave my opinion about your headaches in the "rant/fess up" thread, cause i forgot i read it here. joy, i'm sorry you had a bad time driving through michigan . it really is a nice state .

well, thank you all for sharing and caring, my friends,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 02-18-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

thinking back now since you mentioned michigan, I believe I gt mymemory wrong about ust who it was that i did not get to see. but i can vouch for this, i'd still be out of shape if i had passedby any of you all and not have gotten to see you. my mind is playing trickson me i do believe.

i say wear what is comfortable jeannie in your zumba cloass. i can imagine how hot a person can get and what does it matter that it is a church basement anyhow. I say it wouold be a-OK to wear your sports bras. I have several and they cover plenty, LOL. I am glad you are getting to do dance class.

first let me comment how much I appreciate y'all writing in bold.

Jeannie,sport bras are made pretty so you can see them right? go ahead & wear it in my opinion! glad you are able to exercise-so be proud. yes,you'll need to stake the tall sunflowers-tops get very heavy.

Joy,shall we call you trick brain now? couldn't be any worse then mine I assure you! weird dreams are driving me a bit nutty or nuttier than usual that is.

WA state is conducting forums everywhere to determine just how to sell & make a big profit on pot now. what a fiasco! nobody except rich lawyers will pay the tax. now today some weirdo has decided to even tax medical pot! they'll do everything to tax this state to death.
    that's my rant for today I suppose.

sun is shining so I'm gonna soak up some vit D.

Community Member

Jeannie - I work at the Y and people do that sometimes and I never think twice about it - just wearing a sports bra. I don't think that it's at a church matters but thats me. :) I agree with Buttons - why do they make them look so nice if they don't want you to wear em like a shirt! I say wear it and wear it proud!!! When you're HOT you're HOT!! :)
    Last edited by sly4626; 02-19-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

thank ya'lls for your opinions on the sports bra.

maybe my friend will not be able to come to a class and i will whip off my shirt then . i will watch what other women do or i just might go bold and wear only my sports bra one day. most of the women have them on under their shirts, too.

i knew i could count on sane people to agree with me ,
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

well Jeannie you know I have to put my opinion in here.

Now this is my take on it, if a church allows dance classes why indeed would they not allow a sports bra!! Maybe y'all start ballet next week. you would look so cut in your little tutu, yes?

I love all of you and am glad we crossed paths. you all are just good people and I'm sending you all bunches of hugs. Everybody Stop worring about piddley things that ain't worth a rats arse.

Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Community Member

That's right Jo, YOU SAID IT!! I say go for the tutu also though, hilarious!

And Jeannie - you KNOW it - WE really ARE the same people!!! Love it!
    Last edited by sly4626; 02-20-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9345474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast