Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6315171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Community Member

Hi all,

Just let in you know I'm here. Not doing so hot. Quit teaching dance... Quit this gym class thing I was teaching... I'm in the bipolar down mode and it sucks. I'm hoping I don't ruin any relationships I have. Not talking about family. Quitting isn't good.

Yep I'm in and then out. Just know I care. I do. Just am being really selfish right now. It's got to stop!

Ugh. I'll be back. I don't mean to ignore anyone. I'm just in the receiving end of needing that emotional support still. I want to provide it to all of you! :(

This too shall get better.

Love,
    Sly

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

My dear Sly, the last thing those of us that post here on this Forum is add more stress on you.

We do not just forget those that we have learned to love and care about. If you need time, space or whatever then by all means just take it.

I want to tell you most of us in Emotional Support have very thick hides. In other words we don't get our feelings hurt. So you can throw that thought away.

I am very sorry you are not feeling good. Many of us can empathize with you, but that doesn't make you feel better.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you always. I will look forward to the time all will be well with you.

Just to let you know we all have taken time off for one reason or another. Please take care of Sly, first and for most.

all my love, Julia . ((((((Sly))))))
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Community Member

Thank you Julia. :) I feel a bit better today. The quitting thing I did though... Might not be able to get my job teaching at the dance studio back because now they might see "freak" written all over me. :(

I wish someday there really wasn't a stigma attached to mental illness. It's easier for employers to just "take notes" and then use them later to get rid of people instead of showing compassion. No one really cares when it comes to business.

Rant over.

I'll be back to spread more sunshine soon. (Haha - ok was just kidding with that.)

Love to all,
    Sly

Community Member

... And ...

Jeannie - Did you like Zumba?!

Happy B'Day Shortcake! 12?! Dang stuff goes fast huh?

Lot - Congrats on new camper. I always hated having to walk to the bathroom too. Now we just don't camp lol.

Pati - Still having tests done? :( gosh I hear you on the medical bills thing blah.

Dawn - Same weather here. Cold, hot, cold and now back up again. I'm so happy the snow is still here tho. (Sorry I LOVE snow!)

Julia - Thank you again for what you wrote. Very sweet.

Well there. I just decided to put my boots back on an stand on up!

Night night all,
    Love,
    Sly

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

sly ,

when i get into one of my moods and get angry, i try not to make any decisions that are going to effect me negatively. i get through the day and then think about what's bothering me. if i still feel negatively about something, i will think it through and see what the best solution is. sometimes it is letting go, but most often i just need to take care of myself (read, veg out, have a square of chocolate, take a hot bath, etc.).

sly, ZUMBA IS INTENSE! i was sweating down my face and back. next time i bring a towel! i was able to keep up the whole hour and get about 75% of the moves, even though i have never taken a ZUMBA class before. i love the latin-american beat and the intensity. breathing hard shows me i am getting a good workout. i didn't hurt after class, but i slept like a log that night...lol.

jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Sly I don’t think a day will ever come when the majority of people will not attach a stigma to mental illness. Of course that may change because the way things are going the minority will soon become the majority.

As for business you hit the nail on the head. I will always remember the comment from years ago “Sorry nothing personal just business”.

Jeanne is correct when she advises to not make decisions that affect one negatively. That is much easier said than done at times especially if the impulsive part of us takes over. The best advice I have to get out of these situations is to just give some excuse whether it be hey I’m not feeling good and have to leave now. Then when you leave and get away from it a person can cool down and weigh the pros and cons of it.

We have no control over this lousy economy. It has affected so many. Hope that eventually things will turn around for you.

Jeanne if I ever tried those Zumba classes would probably have to be resuscitated. But if it gets all the anxiety out for you then Go Girl!

Well Jan is finally over. This is not one of my favorite months of the year even though I was married in Jan. As far as Feb goes can be just as bad only good thing is it isn’t as long.

Hope things brighten up for all.

Take Care

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all!

it is SO freaking cold here!

anyway, i was reading my facebook feed and i came across this cartoon and i KNEW i had to put it up for julia.... remember when she was talking about "bless your heart" meaning something different in her neck of the woods? well, here is what it REALLY means:

JULIA!.jpg

i got a laugh out of this today...hope everyone else like's it!

jeannie

(click the left side of your mouse on the pic to make it bigger then just left click on the edge of the screen anywhere to get back to this page)
    Last edited by tic chick; 02-03-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Why thank you sweet Jeannie. I can always count on you to make my day start
    with a smile. BLESS YOUR HEART.

I do love you bunches, Scarlet
    Last edited by Jo6; 02-04-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

[B]My aunt used to say that all the time. You think she really meant that. lol Could be because it was when we were getting into something.

Sly, sorry about your job. I do hope someday people will understand us better. I think right now they are scared because of the shootings. Most people really don't get it. The T.V. makes it out to be something terrible. Most of the time I 'm my mental health issuses are controlled by meds but once in a while the meds just don't work all the way and little bits can come out. Oh well the heck will people who don't understand.

Just got back from my women's group. Haven't been there in months. I was nervous about going back because it had been so long since I was last there. Most of the group was new. I hope to beable to go every monday now.

My daughter's colors this week for her wedding are plum,grey and blue. I ordered a hunter green dress and she was thinking about changing her colors to include green. I told her that I couldn't return the dress without being charged a fee. She didn't care if it was the same green as the bridesmaids dress. I didn't want to be the same color. She hadn't gone out and looked for dresses yet. So who knows./B]
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Howdy, Haven't been in this room in awhile. I just wanna' write whats going on now. I don't know if John will have to go to N.C. soon (it's been a year). This week he had to got to Indiana and the next two weeks he goes to Ill. But guess what? I get to go with him. He flew to N.C. so I couldn't ever go Road in a co-workers car to Indiana but is driving to Ill...so I can go. I don't care that I'll be sitting alone in a hotel room all day, while he is at work..I sit at home alone most of the time. Also, tonight on the phone, he told me he made a reservation for camping Memorial Day weekend. We had an old pop-up camper but a few weeks ago got a new travel trailer. I can't wait to use it.
    Lorraine (lor)

Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6315171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast