Page 64 of 106 FirstFirst ... 14345459606162636465666768697494 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

I put my "jo" so you all would know I am reading some, well as much as possible. Don't have the energy to post, just wanted you to know I'm with you all in spirit.

This whole year has just gone, I don't know where. I still haven't driven the new mini van. Don't even know what the back seat looks like. I think part of the reason I am not so excited about the dadblasted thing has to do with Mary.

When Jon (my baby) found out Ken pd. cash for the very expensive thing he lost his breath for awhile! I didn't think much about it, but then it finally hit me in this hard head of mine. Ken spent a lot of the money from MIL's estate to pay for it.

Ken has never mentioned it, so I haven't either. I'm still trying to figure out what my feelings really are about the whole thing. I'm thankful for a car I can get in and out of without killing my back and everything else. The rest of my feelings------ well I haven't figured that out.

I think I have totally lost my mind and don't think I'm going to ever find it. Please say prayers for me, hoping to find some peace of mind from somewhere.

I love you all and am remembeing to pray for all of you. Take care and hope to come back so I will get my life back!

OK Pati, I Know I'm talking wonky now, so I guess I still have just a little mind left? I enjoy reading all about the things you all are doing.

Jeannie, I'm missing you, where are you?

Energy gone so I'm gone too. My love to all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

first I had to log in,now thanks doesn't work. no idea what's going on with BT this time.

Jo,I was just thinking about your new van. glad it's easy to get in/out. Mary would have wanted you to have the van! your feelings are perfectly normal,but please accept something Ken gave you & know Mary would have blessed this purchase. you deserve it!

last day of our heat wave & I'm grateful. being inside a dark cave with a noisy fan is getting on my nerves. seeing 102 on a thermometer is not my idea of nice summer weather.

my dog is going for the green beans now. I swear she'd eat all day if I let her. I'm taking back my planters next year for flowers! she found green apples I had thinned & brought them inside & managed to eat one yesterday. less for the deer.

it's sure nice to read posts from more people. Leo,you still have your sense of humor. Joy,you are keeping up just fine. Jo,you are missed so much appreciate you coming back. hope everything OK in Chris' world. figure Jeannie is busy with kitchen project & yardwork. it's nice when people make the effort to keep in touch.

nothing new in my dull life. now that I've written that I hope I don't get any excitement I could live without! HA

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

julia, i agree with pati. enjoy the car. i think maybe ken felt he got more money from the state than he thought. you have taken care of his mom before she went to the nh and while she was there. your health has suffered because the caregiver needs to care for herself, too . i think ken is finally giving you what you deserve and he wants you to enjoy it. he doesn't sound like a person who would buy something with cash without thinking it through and maybe he's thought about the chit he gave you at times . hop in it and race down the main street there and have fun!!!

well, it has cooled down here back into the mid to upper 70's, low humidity. perfect weather. we had a ton of rain early last week and the furrow i had made with my tiller to plant my euonymus filled with water and became the consistency of wet, unpoured cement. i had to wait for everything to dry out, including my pile of top soil. i will plant my hedge this weekend. i bought a little 4x4 ft. gate and the poles and hardware to open and close the gate. my son will help me put up the gate. it's going to be among the back row of the hedges as an alternate way out of my garden.

they have redone my street, first time since i moved here 35 years ago. they paved the street, gave everyone nice 6 inch curbs and fixed everyone's driveway with asphalt at the bottom to blend into the street. they poured soil into areas where they had taken out some for repairs and they poured new concrete slabs of cement on the sidewalk for people whose sidewalks were dangerous (i got 2 squares!). i was out last week when they were pouring the soil and i asked a young worker what they were going to do. he said they were going to put grass seed on the city property. i had some roots sticking up from the tree i had cut earlier this year so i asked the man if he would cut out the roots so the area would be more level. i pulled back the root and he cut it. then i evened it out.

after the rain, it was easier to pull out the weeds in front and i took my shovel with the flat front and rammed it against the edge of the grass and pushed it back where it was covering my walkway. when i was pulling weeds, i almost walked into a small dead rat on my front lawn. i screamed. i need to finish this hedge this weekend so i can start painting my kitchen and maybe picking out tile for it too.

there is so much to do and so little time to do it. i did go out last sunday. nice man, but a bit too...dull, boring, tame, quiet for me. i do not want a man who dances on the table tops, but some spice would be nice. oh well, i am not getting excited about dating anymore. i bet i meet someone where and when i'll least expect it.

so that's all the news that i have. i'm so achingly tired some days and some days i have energy all day. it seems when i do a lot, i'll recuperate a day or two and do stuff inside house...like i finally got this computer room halfway cleaned and my important papers sorted and i made a makeshift book case out of milk cartons to temporarily hold some books. i rode my bike an hour last week to the post office and i do short trips to other places. it's fun riding this big, beach bike. i am not a racer, this is fine for me and my leisurely rides. i have a helmet and wear it!

so, i'm hoping the kitchen will be done by thanksgiving because i WILL have a party!

once i'm done with the gate and hedge, i'll be in the house more and will post more often! i promise .

thank you all for sharing and caring and i'm so happy some people have come back (you know who you are)!

(((hugs))),
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 08-17-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by Jo6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I put my "jo" so you all would know I am reading some, well as much as possible. Don't have the energy to post, just wanted you to know I'm with you all in spirit.

This whole year has just gone, I don't know where. I still haven't driven the new mini van. Don't even know what the back seat looks like. I think part of the reason I am not so excited about the dadblasted thing has to do with Mary.

When Jon (my baby) found out Ken pd. cash for the very expensive thing he lost his breath for awhile! I didn't think much about it, but then it finally hit me in this hard head of mine. Ken spent a lot of the money from MIL's estate to pay for it.

Ken has never mentioned it, so I haven't either. I'm still trying to figure out what my feelings really are about the whole thing. I'm thankful for a car I can get in and out of without killing my back and everything else. The rest of my feelings------ well I haven't figured that out.

I think I have totally lost my mind and don't think I'm going to ever find it. Please say prayers for me, hoping to find some peace of mind from somewhere.

I love you all and am remembeing to pray for all of you. Take care and hope to come back so I will get my life back!

OK Pati, I Know I'm talking wonky now, so I guess I still have just a little mind left? I enjoy reading all about the things you all are doing.

Jeannie, I'm missing you, where are you?

Energy gone so I'm gone too. My love to all, Jo

i didnt know you were so miserable -how did you hurt your back?take care
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

you live in a cave?

last night was bad-i couldnt cool off room
    had fear id collapse walking around the room

maybe an adobe house is cooler

i used to live in phoenix-i guess we must have had air condistioning
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

[B]oh how wonderful to hea from minnsing people. i DEVOUR what i can. tv getsa ao tiring and holding oyo bp[/Books can hurt my hands. tho they too will not hurt once what little of nerve ia lwft dies off, i aqm dreding thqqt big time. i still ddo not fwel NYTHING T ALL N FEET AND AM TIRED TO DEth of bandaging both feet eCH DAY.

I JUSWT HAD FEELING JEANNIE WAS STAYING BUSY. I LOVE GER THINKING ABOUT FINDING SOMEONE. I JUSWT KNOW AS SPECIAL AS SHE IS, SOMEONE IS THERE FOR HER. oops sorry about caps. riding bike, i still have hopes of doing thqt but now wonder how my breTHING WILL WORK. ANYHOW I CN HOPE

jo have yo had the stuff installed to make it easier to get into new van? i think husband was smart paying cash. it always made me ill for hubby to pay on payme3nt plqn. gee i hope you all can make out my typing. hurting anywt, juat lovwe hweRING FROM MORE FOLKS.

christina i am sending out spies to find you if you do not tell us how you are doing.

No fooling!!!!!
    i am too old to be worrying about you youngons.

I hate to see joy & Jo are having such a time with pain this summer. I hope you both will get to feeling better soon. My back pain is always there but has been at a level where I'm functioning pretty good most days so no complaints.
    Jeannie everything your doing in and around your house sounds great. I have really let stuff go this summer since my MIL is not been doing well. I have got to tackle gettting the grass cut in the next day or the snakes are going to start showing up.
    There is not much going on here except staying cool and caring for Skip. I'm so looking forward to fall where it will be cool enough to enjoy being outside & we will not have to fight the bugs so much. ((( hugs ))) Karen

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

a quickie note before i start outside.

i redid the furrow with my tiller yesterday and planted 8 of my euonymus bushes. i had spaced them earler this month when i bought the 10 euonymus and i thought that would cover it. well, a little error in measuring and i needed to get one more euonymus. i went to the store this morning with my son and got it. so today i will finish my hedge!

i was at my fruit market saturday and they had perennials for $3. i do love these prices at the end of the year, but i hate to buy because i don't know yet where i'm going to plant stuff. but, it was just too much of a temptation, so i got 2 salvia's called "may night", a very deep purple. they say you can get blooms all season by deadheading the spent flowers, so i will do that. i also got one pure white echinacea! i have those 3 orange-red ones and i love the way echinacea looks. i saw a white one somewhere when i was riding my bike and i thought, WOW! but, i was able to only find one white one. i'm sure i'll be able to divide it in a few years.

okay, off to work! joy, i love to see you post cause i know you are feeling at least halfway decent . take care of yourself and i hope that hole heals soon!

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 08-19-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Clouds,I don't actually live in a cave. I call it that cause I have all the drapes closed to keep the hot sun out. I visited Phoenix one summer & it was so hot nobody even ventured outside until the sun was down.

Jeannie,wanted to let you know the Russian Sage will take over! (realize this is wrong thread but I couldn't post until logged in again). it is a beautiful color though,very tough roots too!

Joy,sorry this summer has been such a bummer for you-hopefully your foot will heal soon & you can get outside some.

Jo,you do seem to be making headway......I say this from how you write lately. sure you still have alot of pain but you seem to be accepting the memory hole from the hospital time. just let that go! it's over with. time to enjoy your family & maybe where to drive your new van?

Karen,hope someone will mow that grass for you! I freak when I see a snake even a small one. and they do blend too well in grass.

carpenter has been here all day putting up the patio wall.

planning a trip to visit my oldest son this weekend. he got the kitten & I want to see it. other son wants to come down for a few days & do some work here. I dread that! in fact might just say a very firm NO unless he wants to cause me to have a stroke. my housemate is more than I can handle right now.

our weather is back to 60's/70's now. guess our heat wave is over.

I've cooked several new crockpot recipes.

thanks to all who share here!

Page 64 of 106 FirstFirst ... 14345459606162636465666768697494 ... LastLast