Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5254550515253545556575859606585105 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

I'm glad to report this part of Texas has gotten some rain. One day last week my rain gauge read 2 inches and 1.5 tenths. In the next town west there were reports of over 3 inches. We still need much more rain as we are still bone dry. This rain sure makes my weeds (aka lawn) grow!
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Cool I'm back

at least for a short time. I'm still puny and not getting around too much, but am thankful I am as well as I am.

Have missed everybody and have tried to keep up, but not sure I'm up to date.

Jan, I'll do my little rain dance for your grass while I do a thankyou dance for the rain we have had the past week. the lakes are still so low it looks sad!

I hope all are as well as possible. I'll try to get back more in the future. It looks kinda like many are missing. I want these forums to grow, big time!!

Will be back soon. all my love, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

thats says drunk but I am saying if it is, it is drunk with happiness at seeing our dear Jo back online with us. I have considered e-mailing you but do know if you don't feel up to sitting at computer, e-mailing is a required sitting at computer also. I have been having wonky ears and besides, I never know when to get off the phone when I do start talking, LOL.

good to see anyone who does show up here these days. but those who have been absent and you know feeling poorly, especially so.
    Last edited by joy; 05-15-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling

I see everyone has disappeared again. So I will just chit chat by myself. My fern peonys are beautiful. My iris' are starting to bloom. We have had nice weather. Sun porch is on hold until DH makes up his mind if he wants to spend the money. I say go for it we only do this once.

The wind is really blowing. It's making scary noises. Glad it's not night time or I would be really freaked out. I always take the dog out and he loves going into the tall weeds. We are going to stop that because I had a deer tick crawaling on me.

Well I live a pretty boring life which is o.k. too. I don't need any stress. DH and family are trying to shield me from any stress. It really throws me into a mood.
    Take care,
    Dawn

forgot to say that DH is jumping out of a plane in June. It should be a blast. Wish that I could do it but can't because of the darn aneursyms.
    Take care,
    Dawn

sun still shining here. and the concrete has been poured!!!!

good to see a post from Jo & Joy. I realize it's hard for both of you & bless you both for making the effort.

I've been doing alot of gardening work lately.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

jo, so nice to see you posting, again. i hope you keep getting stronger and i'm glad you feel as good as you do. i have missed you .

for those of you who don't read the gardening thread in chit-chat, i went on a little vacation to canada from may 10-15. i needed to get away from home and reconnect with the canadian side of my family. i have many cousins and second cousins there and one of my mom's cousin's, who is my mom's age is in the early to mid stages of alzheimer's, also. she is still sharp when talking, but you can tell the little slips she is making. my mother's other cousin is a bit younger and is still sharp and pointed with her question's and opinions. i love that! my cousin who is my age and my mom's cousin, the opinionated one, went up to georgian bay for a weekend of sight-seeing, eating, drinking, talking and general fun. my cousin has a summer home there and it's a 3 minute walk to the beach. i walked barefoot along the water's edge, collecting rocks and driftwood.

i went up there with the hope that i would find unconditional love and acceptance and reconnect with family...and that's what i found. i kind of think i am looking for a mom or mother figure, someone who is old enough to be my mom and who i can talk to when i need a person who will give me their opinion and some encouragement. i asked my mom's cousin, the older one, if i could call her and she said, "anytime". so, i am happy that someone who knows me and knows my mother and our family is there and will love me because i am part of that family.

otherwise, i am busy in the yard! i need to order more topsoil and get the ground level so i can start planting my boxwood hedge border. that is my main goal this season. i know i will probably have to plant about 20-30 boxwoods to make the long border that i want. i am watching how things are coming up and how they are growing where i planted them. i might have to move a few plants, but that's part of gardening! i'm aiming for an all perennial garden and dividing plants every 3 years or so is part of that.

so even though i don't post as often, i am still reading what everyone else posts before i go to bed.

i you all and i consider you all my sisters and brother's here...you tell it like it is and you support me.

that gift is priceless.

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 05-17-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Hello everyone. I am glad to see those few who are showing up . I seem to be having a swarm of knats along with an army of ants at my house. I know it can get worse because I expect the mosquitoes to come soon to join the party. We don't have clover or there would be bees as well.

Dawn I wish you could dive as well. My son had gone zip lining and I had said I thought it looked like fun. So of course he has egged it on. Then I read where a poor young girl did that and the line snapped and the flesh eating bacteria got bad and cause her to lose some parts of body. Poor woman. He said there were steps to climb so I just may have to beg off because I don't do steps and breat well at the same time anymore.

AQll the visiting sounds wonderful Jeannie. I am glad you were welcomed, I suspect you would be anywhere. Pati I am glad the concrete is poured and you have had some decent weather Well time to read some more and get up as I have been sitting in this chair long enough. It is not as padded as I'd like. take care all..

watching a thing on Joplin tornado of a year ago
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

guess it was on cbs morning news some old lady who survived -lost all her freinds
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5254550515253545556575859606585105 ... LastLast