Page 38 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8283334353637383940414243486888 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin'

Distinguished Community Member

welll Donna did get to ocome tonight. I could tell she did not feel all that well tho. We both were on pain medications but hafta say, cancer wins hands down in that department. She tried her best to get into painting. When I got out my oil paints today I found some of my pain pills and one of my inhalers and the date for the meds and inhaler expired iaround 2000.

I had told Donna that I stoppd paint class because I could not handle the broushes hands being dead and I was so slow I could not keep up. But was determined to try if she wanted to. Sadly I am NOT a paint teacher, I lack bad skills for trying to get accross how to show someone painting. The teacher always had a completed picture and painted another one just like it along with us. And if necesssary she came around and put her hands onto ours to show the movement needed to make the brush do what it was suppose to do. So I was not good tonight.

Dona picked a sky and water scent so that made it harder. I usually did mountain scenes and even did one with a pallet knife which she had admired. I admit that would have been an easier one to try. Maybe next time. I wanted her to have a picture to take home with her after it dried. She was so much faster than I was. we had a Bob Ross book to goby and she read aheadf. I kept getting hung up on the clouds, LOL. O odoo did not make it to the water and waves. did get most of the rock in but without the water it wsn't much. Maybe next time.

I suggest maybe we could go get her, she ives about 20 miles from us and bring her to our town where her husband works. We could eat suypper out and then the men could go to fire department, tho in seperate vehicles. Last time they went together and hubby stayed until about 11:30, much to long for Donna to tough it out. mThe men went in seperate vehicles and it was better for me even as I was hurting so bad. The bones under my breasts have been hurting so bad lately that I can't keep my mind on what I am doing, like now fr instance!!! oh wow eee and pills don't touch the pain either it seems. So I know dfonna is bad off for sure.

Jeannie when my legs swell up I don't even try to drive at all. They will feel so tight and when I tyry to walk they really are numb and that dead feeling lets me know I have no businss trying to be up doing much so I stay down until they improve. But. hubby is getting to be a pasenger for the first time and I must say he does NOT make a good one, LOL. He is not use to sitting on the right side and seeing the road from there for one thing. and of course he has to comment on everything. arrgh. Does not make for easy driving. I just try and block it all out and do my own happy thought while driving carefully. Works for me anyway. I often think to myself he was manager over a group of people far to long for my own good, LOL. Well I was manager of house and home for the same length of time minus about 5 years the last time I worked. Okay don't know where that come from except I am hurting pretty bad and it must have influenced my mood :ambivalence: :o

Normally I would erase this but I need to get into bed so will just leave it for you all to decifer,haha.

Dawn you upcoming trip sounds lovely. Be sure and tell us all about it okay? I got to drive by on the interstaate once In New Orleans and wanted to SEE more.

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Unhappy

Sorry, I just need to vent today & sort out my feelings in words. I can't stop crying, but I guess I need to let the tears flow since I must have been holding them in a long time. Makes typing harder, tho'. My best friend from college called last night after not hearing from her for 6 weeks. She also has CFS & now has breast cancer & is choosing a non-standard way of treating/handling it, so I'm worried for her. Still, our conversation was very interrupted, first by her grown daughter, then by another 45 minute phone call. I just wanted to bond & let the conversation flow since we're so close we can talk about anything with each other. It was just too short for me.

I started crying after we hung up & started again this morning. Just howling & moaning -- it felt better letting the sounds out. The only person I get to talk with in person is the sdqBF & he lives on some other planet that I can't relate to, he's constant frustration. My few new neighborhood friends are off in FLA. My old neighborhood friends are stuck in PA. Somehow I've fallen into the habit of eating very late & then not wanting to call my friends because of the time. Or maybe I've withdrawn or some reason.

The sky is falling. I've missed two mortgage payments & have so many financial problems going on that it's like those guys who keep 89 plate spinning on pool cues. Talking about money is my biggest "phobia" -- I can talk about sex & death & everything in between, but not MONEY, it's so taboo. Taxes, unpaid credit cards -- they've all been pushed to the No Fly zone for a year and a half while I mucked thru another Major Depression without the right meds. Now the meds are kicking in, but not the ability to face and deal with my fears.

OK, enough. Thanks for listening/reading.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dawn you should check out a site called http://www.wintersown.org/ you can actually start most of your flowers and veggies in January. If I had gotten my stuff in time I would have but since it is so close to time to plant I am just starting most of the stuff inside. Many seeds need to be started 4-8 weeks before they go outside so those I am just going to start, many in the pots I intend for them to grow in and some I will start in plantable starter pots.

Almost everything I am planting for veggies is going to be small. I am planting radishes, carrots, roma tomatoes, leaf lettuce mix, snap beans, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, green peppers, cucumbers, green onions, and cabbage. So far lol. Still thinking of getting some canteloupe. If all goes well then maybe more stuff in time for fall harvest.

Jeannie the watermelons are the small round ones. I saw on some websites that with melons you can buy a bunch of cheap nylon stockings and put the melon, when it gets almost too big to hang, in a sling made from the stocking and tie it to whatever is being used for the trellis. As it grows it stretches the stocking. In one of my pictures it shows the flower bed with the chain link fence piece in the back of it. I am going to put my pails behind that where the sun shines for most of the day and use the fence as my trellis. Nice and strong. Cukes and beans going there too. Nice thing about the fence is that it won't block the light. The right side of the trellis gets a bit of shade later in the day so some of my stuff will go there so they don't burn up in the sun. I have a couple of camp tables that I will put my pots on. The stuff on the trellis is going in five gallon pails. Corn is going in the ground at the left end of the trellis. Sun almost all the time.

Dawn that is awesome that you will get to go to New Orleans. I have always wanted to go during Mardi Gras.

Jeannie I am glad you are getting out and doing things. We've got a bunch of trees that need trimming here. I just bought a chainsaw and am considering buying one of those long branch trimmers with an itty bitty chainsaw on the end of it. Mostly cause it is cute lolol.

Pati I am jealous. I have seen one deer since I moved here and they use to get them all the time. I am going to try putting out some feed corn in the spring and see if that draws anything besides two million squirrels and the skunks lol. There was so much shooting here in the woods that I am thinking they must have been wiped out. So close I have had to call the police three times.

Beader you definitely are not alone with the financial issues. Nor with the crying. Some times things seem to jump on ya. Sorry about your friend, I will keep her in my prayers.

Joy I am glad you got to spend some time with your friend. My grandmother did china painting. I still have many of the things she painted. She was into flowers. All kinds. Some really lovely things.

Dee lots of prayers out for your daughter. I am very happy that your therapy is going so well.

I need to make an appt. for mine.

Default more entertainment from bambi's!

well turns out the momma deer was wacking the wee ones cause they were not hers! I'm getting confused which young'uns belong to which does. sure would help if I could see better. HM has moved the feed trough up closer to the house.

Joy,can I ask how often you go for blood tests check on DVT meds? HM goes every 2 weeks & they are puzzled why he can't be consistent with his numbers. I'm worried about your legs being swollen,not a good sign ya know. and have you considered laser therapy for your PN? about Donna,sounds like a good idea for using 2 vehicles. she needs some control afterall. I pray she will become a cancer survivor! my friend changed alot with her cancer. she says "I love you" for one thing.

Dee,please have your daughter do some gluten research. my HM is on a gluten free diet for his IBS & claims he feels more energetic. I LOVE the gluten free cookies! some stores have alot of gluten free products & some don't. the pastas made from rice are best. my dog only eats gluten free dogfood & doggie treats. gluten can be in many products (shampoo for instance). lots of info out there nowadays.

Sher,go ahead & cry & holler if you need to. the idiots that say money can't bring happiness have never had to deal with being poor or in debt I'm thinking. if I had money my entire life would change! as for your friend with cancer? just be there to listen & encourage. this is her battle & her choice to make on treatment. she might not have many options unless she has excellent health insurance. I will also say a prayer she becomes a cancer survivor.

Jeannie,happy dating! forgot to say that yesterday. you have far more energy than I can imagine with so many projects going on now.happy scrubbing & painting too!

HM brought home a pot of red tulips. we got into a fight this morning so maybe his way of an apology? he actually yelled at me which is totally out of character for him.between him & my son I feel my own sanity is slipping daily. in fact I know it is! I wake up from horrid dreams that stay in my mind for hours.

well I have the Westminster dog show to look forward to. more new breeds this year too! most of which I cannot pronounce of course. and I just saw a show of George Cloony with his black cocker spaniel so that made me happy. they are sweet little doggies if they feel secure & get their way.

hope everyone will have a good weekend! ((((hugs to all)))) Pati

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay I'm gonna make this short lol. Bored and while there is housework that needs to be done no one wants to spend a Saturday cleaning. Or Sunday....Monday...well anyway so I went and got some boxes this morning to really dig into my brother's ex room lol. Thinking something for pain, some loud classic rock and I can get to work. He doesn't have a whole lot in there I am just afraid to look under the bed LOLOL. No, seriously. There is no telling what I will find under there.

We got about 4 inches of snow yesterday. For the first time in two winters it blew snow in through the patio screens and covered the entire porch in a layer of snow. So now I have to get out there and shake it all off before it melts which will probably be sometime tomorrow afternoon. Too cold to go out today. Windchill was -8 at ten this morning.

Okay time to get off the computer and get to work. Ugh.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

smiles and chuckles everyone. Well, don't really feel like smiling, much less chuckling, but thought if I wrote it down it would give me a push in the right direction.

I try to keep reading and taking everything in that is going on with everybody, but my memory is lacking these days, so what's a gal to do? I'll send my love to all of you

What is going on with me. Very depressed these days. Probably the short days, cloudy skies and rain, but I'll be thankful for the rain. The lakes are way down below full level. We will have to have a hugh amount of rain to even start filling them back up. So, I'll have to do my little rain dance and see if it still works~~~~ K is working down in his electronic shop day and night. Some days its a blessing, but nobody to talk to for days on end does make depression worse. I'm getting on my treadmill for a short time each day. I try to increase it each day. At least the treadmill is in front of 2 oversized windows and I can watch the world go by.

I'm working slowly on getting rid of the "STUFF". After 14 years everything in this house is mine. Well, a little is 's. Asthma is much worse, which makes COPD worse, steriods have made me gain 28 lbs. since this time last year. Wish I had not got on the damn scales. I don't eat much, but I'm not very active either~~there comes the lbs.

Depression is not easy to get out of. Maybe I need to talk to shrink, but I don't want to change or add meds. Take too much meds already.Besides, I think the shrink needs a shrink.!!

wishing for all a pain -free day, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

just 37 days til Spring group! That should make us ALL happy.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

julia,

thinking of spring does it for me! although the almost 4 inches of snow we got friday kind of blurred my vision .

i'm glad you're going on the treadmill, that might ease some of the depression, also.

pati, i'm sorry about your friend's husband. i hope he is found and he is okay.

don't have much to say, i am buring the 2AM candle again, so still kind of a foggy afternoon for me, although i have the walls to do.

chris, i remember reading about the pantyhose method of growing melons . i always cut up strips of old panty hose to tie my plants to a stake. i used them one year when those darn tomatoes got about 6 feet high. nylon is incredibly strong, yet gentle to the plants and it's not really obvious, although a melon encased in one seems a bit suggestive . yes, that is my brain on little sleep.

i hope y'all have a good sunday!

thank you all for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 02-12-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Hi Jeannie,

Up till 2 am? What's THAT about? How did the date go already? The rest of us are desperate for vicarious thrills and chills. Spill it, girl!

I'm still in Major Itching Mode -- that's pretty much my day -- itch & scratch. Still seeing blurry post eyelid surgery & it's been about a month now. I flunked the Snap Test for lower eyelids, so now my lids don't meet, especially during sleep and face washing. Never heard of the Snap Test? Me neither, but they might have warned me &, ya know, TRIED it before the upper lid surgery. Gently pull your lower lid out half an inch from the center are and release. It should snap back into place immediately, not take 1-3 seconds to gradually conform to your eyeball.

Very strange disturbing dreams this morning along with all-night intestinal pain. Finally, the runs explains it all. Hmm... unwashed lettuce or too much magnesium?

Have a good Sunday, everyone. BTW Whitney Houston died yesterday, which was a headline I was not expecting.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

well not a good weekend so far! now I'm recalling my bad dream & realizing it must have been related to my friends husband. my emotions are in overdrive right now. been on my computer for most of the morning.

snow! how awful!

I moved furniture around in the office after giving my son 2 chairs we never sat on. he's still planning the trip to CA but I'm having mixed feelings about housesitting. I'm doing my best to suggest any pet besides a dog. my doggie had fun running all over his yard but I'm somewhat concerned taking her with me for a week & the possibility she could find her way through the chainlink gate. it's a large yard & some type of yapper dog is on one side of the fence. I count my blessings everyday that Freckle's is quiet unless there's a reason to bark.

yesterday was news overload. the little boys killed by their sicko father were buried yesterday & that was bad enough. plus my friend's husband all over the news. THEN one of my favorite singers with the voice of an angel dies too young.

today is the anniversary of my housemate's wife dying from cancer. Tuesday is the anniversary of one of my dear friend's mother passing. I'm beginning to detest the month of Feb! and it's a leap year too!

I hope I can come back here & read something positive and/or funny real soon!

good for you Jo, treadmill should help with depression. invite some grandkid's to come visit! what happened to the idea of getting a Havenese(sp)? watch the dog show & you'll see how adorable they are!

yes Jeannie,what's the scoop with the latest date guy? I hear romance is in the air right now.

Sher,what's the time frame for better eye day ahead? my eye doc has moved in across the road from here. I really like him as a doc but suspect we are opposites on religion/politic's so have no desire to socialize with him & his wife. I've lived here about 14 yrs & have met few of the neighbor's. I'm known as the recluse of the ridge!

Chris,happy cleaning out the BR for Shortcake! and makes me smile to think of you being able to indulge in fancy shampoo,etc. if it keeps hair from falling out please let me know the brand!

Page 38 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8283334353637383940414243486888 ... LastLast