Thread: Benj 1 year ago

Default Benj 1 year ago

One year ago yesterday was Benj's Bar Mitzvah. Life was too hectic to share much then, but he did a great job and chanted a small Torah portion on the jewish holidays this fall. :) I was hoping to share a picture of Benj on that day, could someone tell me how?

- Momster
    Momster, mom to 2 boys: one of whom has CP, NLD, ADD, anxiety disorder, osteopenia/porosis and a few other letters following his name; and married 25 years to a wonderful guy

Distinguished Community Member

Congratulations on Benj's last year Bar Mitzvah

We would love to see some photos.

I don't know how the new BT allows photos to be posted but one of the admins would know. Send them a request for help.

Looking forward to seeing some of Benj's photos.

Best wishes as always and seeya here soon :)

Paul, Alison and Grant the champ in championship mode.
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Thanks, Paul, I've just posted the question and will hopefully have the answer, and the picture, shortly. The bar mitzvah was really great. Typically kids get very nervous - after all you get up in front of a lot of people, and reading from the torah is much harder than from a book, for a number of reasons. Benj, who suffers from a pretty good case of anxiety disorder, was completely calm and happy all day long.

- momster
    Momster, mom to 2 boys: one of whom has CP, NLD, ADD, anxiety disorder, osteopenia/porosis and a few other letters following his name; and married 25 years to a wonderful guy

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((momster and benj))))))

Congratulations Benj on doing such a great job at your Bar Mitzvah! :)

Momster ~ just post one more time, to reach 11 posts, and you'll be able to post Benj's photos. You've had some responses to your post on Forum Feedback, which should help you.

Looking forward to seeing them! Always love to hear good news! :)

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Default Here he is!

Thanks Paul, Rose and moderator #7 - I guess this proves that even old dogs can learn new tricks. Here's Benj practicing before his service.
    I think it's the first picture of him that I've ever posted on either of the BT forums...

- Momster

0163IMG_1399.jpg

Hey,
    There you go.

thank you for posting Benj's photo. He looks great and is concentrating very hard.

I am sure it was a great Bar Mitzvah.

Now you will have to tell me how to post a photo, because I don't know to with the new neuro forum :)

God bless and seeya,

Paul, Alison and Grant in total championship mode.
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Easy to post pictures, it turns out! When you are typing your post, in the area above your typing are a number of different icons, many of which are easy to identify, like the B for bold, or a paper clip . In the second row about 3/4 of the way across is a square. The quare is to the left of a film icon. Click on the square to upload. :)

Thanks for all the well wishes - My kids have reached that age where they are just growing up too fast!

- momster

Blog Entries

Well ... hmmm ... all I see is a little blue square with a question mark. I guess I'll have to do some research or inquire as to why that might be ~ maybe I'm missing a plug-in. Hope I can figure it out, so I can enjoy seeing Benj in action.

Love & Light,
    Rose

Blog Entries

There it is! Today it is showing up for me! How peculiar ...

Benj is a handsome lad, and he looks wonderful in his suit! I'll bet you were bursting with pride!

Thanks for sharing this photo. So glad I could see it.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Blog Entries

Sweet young man - so serious and proud! Congratulations to Benj and your whole family :)
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com