Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's that time yet again....

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Default It's that time yet again....

Hi everyone!!!

Well, it's time again for my annie checkup. I have my CTA and see my neurosurgeon tomorrow. Could you please send some positive energy/prayers my way that the little bugger hasn't done any renovations in my head and expanded the living space up there!! All your support always makes it that much easier to cope with :o

Love and light,

Nat xx
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Community Member

Nat. Good luck tomorrow. Will be keeping you in my prayers.
    Shelly
    Shelly

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

You got it Honey, I will be with you ,holding your hand, You will get a good report:angel: I am having a long talk about you tonight in my prayers. Please post as soon as you know , well even though I am with you , you know they won't tell me a darn thing.
    Love you bunches, we have been on this journey for quiet a while together, :) Hugs , Ging

Community Member

Default Hi Nat!!!!

Long time no talk!!!!
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow- I have my MRI and neuro in March- that's been 2 years since the last one....... And I'm very scared at the thought of it.
    Hoping all goes well- keep us posted.
    Trace x

Default Positivity!

Sending positive thoughts, prayers and no changes your way. My checkup is around the corner too.

heidi
    Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

Community Member

Nat, you are in my prayers this morning (even though I know that you are way ahead of me in time) and I hope to hear great things from you soon. I don't know when you get your results, but I still want to hear how your whole experience went today! You have lots of us with you :)
    Candice-37 years old
    7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
    4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
    September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

You go Nat! Keeping everything crossed that it is nothing but good news for you!!!

You have been SO patient and strong.

Tell us all about how it went today!

Sending good vibes to you. :)
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Hey everyone!!

Well, brilliant news - my annie hasn't grown - Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! I could definately feel the positive energy and love in the room whilst the CTA was being done....

I seem to have the same radiographer technician dude every year which makes life sooo much easier, as he remembers about my anxiety disorder and just gets in and out as quickly as possible!! hahaha!! He is sooo gentle and funny too which always helps!! ;)

I saw my NS a couple of hours later with the results, which I'm grateful for not having a long wait!! He doesn't want to test me again for 2 years (this time was about 15 months). He will also be doing an MRI next time, as the hospital is getting the newer T3 machine, which is brilliant news. He did mention that he is concerned at the amount of radiation and the incresed risk of thyroid cancer, so doesn't want to do any CT scans for 3 years, but with the newer MRI that shouldn't be necessary anyway!! He does mention this concern every year, so it's good that he stays on top of and monitors my radiation exposure .

I went to a lovely Italian restaurant with my sister to celebrate (Trace - Mathew Hayden was there just 2 tables away, so had some nice eye candy too!! hehehe ;) ) and am now having a glass of champagne to celebrate!!!

Thankyou soooo much - my annie family means the world to me and don't honestly know how I would cope without your love and support.

Love and hugs,

Nat xx
    Last edited by Beachgirl; 11-15-2011 at 01:01 AM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Default Yippee!

That's fantastic news Nat!! Soooo happy for you. And how great your CTA tech and DR. Are in top of the radiation.

ENJOY life!

Heidi
    Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

This is the best news Honey, I am so happy for you, what a awesome thing that you have the same team , that makes it less scary , because they know you and your concerns. Oh Nat, I can't explain how I feel about your good news, Over joyed and Very thankful. :) Love you ging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast