Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House calls?

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default House calls?

United Health Care has just sent me an announcement, letting me know that I have access to "an urgent care alternative" called DispatchHealth. It will send a doctor or nurse practitioner "as well as a medical technician" to my home. And so I could avoid a trip to an ER or urgent care.

I haven't heard of this service before but it sounds really useful. I wonder if anyone here knows about anything like this?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

I haven't heard about this benefit, but I think it's a good idea. It was probably established in response to COVID, as ERs and Urgent Care Centers are overloaded now. And, Seniors are at higher risk with COVID, so if we can stay away from hospitals, that is preferred for our own well being and ... life.

God Bless all of our health care workers, including those, who are willing to make house calls, during a pandemic. To know that a doctor or a Nurse Practitioner, as well as a "medical technician" will see you in your home and determine your condition and what you need, is comforting and reassuring. I would prefer that without question to going in an ambulance to the ER, waiting for hours on a gurney or an uncomfortable ER cot for someone to see me.

Thank you agate, and I pray that you don't need this service, but if you do, I think it is beneficial.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

My mother’s healthcare team has sent an ultrasonographer, nurse practitioner, on-going phlebotomists, and recently a nurse to give her a flu shot. All of this was paid by her insurance + Medicare.

This is not part of the visiting nurse care she received after her hospitalization.

Agate, I think it’s great. So many are housebound do to circumstances right now.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I remember as a kid, our doctor would make a house call if needed. Ah, the old days......... (begins a memories spell smiling)
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

“Memories, all alone in the lamplight...”

ANN

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Whooooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea,
    SpongeBob memory.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The one doctor in our town when I was a kid definitely made house calls. He had been an old-fashioned country doctor. He was getting along in years when I knew him, and he could recall going by horse and buggy (or maybe it was riding horseback) to make housecalls in remote areas. The doctor's horse was white so that people would know he was coming.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember as a kid, our doctor would make a house call if needed. Ah, the old days......... (begins a memories spell smiling)
    I remember those times also. And I even remember our doctor’s name!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My mother’s healthcare team has sent an ultrasonographer, nurse practitioner, on-going phlebotomists, and recently a nurse to give her a flu shot. All of this was paid by her insurance + Medicare.

This is not part of the visiting nurse care she received after her hospitalization.

Agate, I think it’s great. So many are housebound do to circumstances right now.

ANN
    Did your mother’s insurance company inform her of the home services? John has the state indemnity insurance and it would be great if they had such services. He spends a lot hiring people to drive him to appointments. I will investigate.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Linda, Mom had no idea she had these services. She had a Blue Cross insurance through Westinghouse. One year, she was comparing open season plans and found one of those all in one plans that was better than her Westinghouse plan. She took a risk and left the group and signed up for the new plan. An Advantage plan. It has been great for her.

I think the some of the magic for Mom is a great, caring cardiologist and that Mom is no longer driving and CoVID has her housebound.

I’ll ask her to name the plan but it’s likely to be very different in Pennsylvania.
    ANN

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast