Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: November, 2020

Distinguished Community Member

If I had any fingernails, right now I would be biting them.

Law suits on the way, but if we can live through this we can live through the law suits.

Good post Ann and Agate!
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The news isn’t great this morning. ... watchful waiting. Wha has a happened to our nation?
    Take heart Sunshine. It is going as Democrats said it would in the sense that more democrats mailed in ballots and they are the last to be counted in full.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Virginia, I want to ask you something I've wondered for a long time. What does RABIT RABIT RABIT mean?
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Remembering the stress and anxiety in the aftermath of the 2016 Election, which has lasted for 4 (or a thousand, it seems) years, I've tried to prepare and not take anything for granted.

Like you and Peter, ANN, I have not been glued to the TV watching every second of coverage. I watched movies and did housework, yard work and laundry. I fell asleep in Jon's recliner, woke up and went to bed, as things began looking a tad grim.

One of my Canadian friends and I texted for the first hour as the results began trickling in. It is comforting that our Canadian friends are concerned about us and our nation. Like Jim, a Brit, they have trouble understanding how we got to this place.

My observation is that we are a huge country comprised of a diversity of people, all colors, all religions (or no religion),and traditions from all over the World. We are a nation of immigrants. That diversity is wonderful, unless it engenders intolerance, territorialism, or racial/social bias. And it has, since Day One.

Because the U.S. is the "leader of the free world," our allies rely upon us, and our enemies want to destroy us. Thanks to technology, they interfered with the 2016 election, and probably this one. There is always a war, even when it was Cold.

I agree with you, agate, that we are embroiled in politics 24/7/365 from every possible angle of our lives. Our medical care, taxes, even this pandemic is political. Everything is political. Not just here, but worldwide. Saving our planet is political. Think about that for a moment, friends ... The planet may survive, but humans and animals won't be able to live on it.

However, I do avoid political conversations with friends or acquaintances, who are on the other side of the aisle than I am. And they do the same. I know that they are lovely people, and their choices are theirs to make, as are mine. So I respect them, and they respect me. They are also appalled by the last 4 years.

Virginia, the "news analysts," who I have watched today indicate that there are no grounds to file a lawsuit until all of the votes have been counted. From my understanding that would include mail in ballots from military personnel and citizens, who live out of the U.S. In their cases, there are about 20 days after Election Day to receive and count those ballots.

Today, Joe quoted the great baseball player, Yogi Berra, "It ain't over til it's over."

It's no surprise that these lawsuits are coming up, because DT threatened to sue during his campaigning. Last night, he "claimed" several states as ones, where he had won. Nope. Still counting ballots. Delusions of grandeur.

Linda, thank you for that encouraging update, and it seems to be continuing. Michigan and Wisconsin are banked now.

Yes, Sunshine, we have to keep our faith that good will win, that compassion will win, that experience and intelligence will win. We haven't been in a situation like this ever, so it's absolutely awful. We must get COVID under some kind of control.

It's scary times we're going through now. So, let us not despair, and let us keep our hope held up high that there is a way forward and to heal our many wounds. And to come together as one nation, who love and care about each other.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit is said as the first words of the first day of the month for good luck. This is in accordance with Sunshine and Ann, so I do it if I post first and have not spoken before that morning.

Actually, this month Sunshine started her exercise thread before I did, but technically she started it the day before the first, so I still said it. I think that must be one of those Northern things and Sunshine (in another life) lived in the north.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I learned “Rabbit, rabbit” from a Czech doctor who learned it while training in England. I’d never heard it before.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This doesn't clear the matter up much but it does show that it's a common custom:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit...est%20of%20it.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Well, Izz a Southern boy, but Izz glad to know what it means.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Hello there—- I am only in my w/c this morning. Hopeful later today will be better. But I did cook a lovely dinner for me and DH. I figure I will finish cleaning it up after my mid day rest. If not, DH will clean it up for me. I was feeling good that I cleaned up my low cooktop prep counter so I could put my nebuizer there, since I seem to need to do that once a day now. It does help. Tomorrow My housekeeper will help me make a space in my den/office in the great room so it can permanently live there and doesn’t have to sit on my higher up counter. My gear all looks so medical, trying to hide what I can, little by little.

Waiting to hear if I am a Baclofen Pump candidate. He has had the referral for two days to pore through and make a decides on—- he is very busy of course, so I figure it might be next week I get word.

DId you know that Don Jr called Rupert Murdoch about the polls? Why, you ask. Murdoch owns NYPost, Fox News, Wall Street Journal and many local TV stations . It is said he is responsible for government chaos globally. Brexit for example, as he owns media globally.

I just hope that there is no violence, the whole thing scares me. People ask if I am angry at citizens who are part of this personality cult” I am not angry, I am scared

I never “watch” the news on TV. I do not want to see that man as it stirs up childhood fears of Adolf and Benito. I read it in the a.m. and once later in the afternoon. DH watches it at breakfast when he knows I am out of earshot, at my request.

We are lucky to be of the same political persuasion. I know of a couple where one voted for DT and the other for JB. It has strained the marriage to learn that he is married to someone who could support a fascist. They will carry on, but how does one get past that in a marriage?

I recall Vietnam tearing family and friendships apart.

But this is much worse.

It will be what it will be. I am hoping this nation can heal if JB wins.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, scared is what I am too. I'm turning on the TV news channel only if I have things to do that I can do while keeping an eye on it. I don't want to sit there glued to it. Too much.

If I'm busy with something else (washing dishes, checking e-mail, etc.) with the news on, I'm aware that I have a life and it has to go on no matter what the powers-that-be are doing.

I do sit and watch an hour of national news in the evening but even then I'm crocheting.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast