No announcement yet.

October chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it to prevent seizures which I never want to have another, and it has worked great for that. I had 15 seizures one night, and I saw my doctor the next day, and he started me on it, and I haven't had another since. So it's very important to me that I don't stop taking it. Seizures are the pits!!!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, what a mess and after your sweet Sister found that close by Doctor for you.

Rose, I read the article and I don't think that had anything to do with mine. I think they just updated my windows 10 and it somehow got rid of half of what I had. I still have to try to get my e-mail back the way it was. I am going to see if Spectrum will help me with that.

When I sit for literally hours working on something like that it just is worse than working a full day.

Agate, hope your Doctors appointment went well and that you do not have any adverse reaction from the flu vaccine. I have heard you say that sometime you do. Sitting in a straight back chair most all day did not do my arthritis one bit of good. Hope yours is better.
      Virginia

Comment

Howie, I know you need it for seizures! That is why I can't understand why your doctors are so reluctant to prescribe it. I have doctors who keep wanting me to take it for nerve pain, but it makes me too sleepy. That is why I said doctors keep pushing it on me. A bit of hyperbole.
        Last edited by Ikoiko; 10-01-2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
          Thank you for starting the month off, Agate. Rabbit, rabbit. Any good luck that comes I will share.

I had no reaction to this years senior flu shot. May the force be with you.

It’s a sad time of the year - nothing to plant after the garlic. I will have microgreens under growlights later in the year and am doing sprouts in jars in the kitchen now but that is all of my gardening.

ANN

We just started picking haricot verts! At tomorrow’s market I will be selling them, Japanese and Italian eggplant, escarole, sun gold tomatoes,lots of sweet peppers mixed in bags with different shapes and colors and a stunning display of houseplants
          Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

So good to hear from you, Linda. Your offerings for the market sound wonderful. I hope you and John are recovered from that frightening heart/ ambulance ordeal.

I am still harvesting a second planting of beans - five varieties plus Christmas limas. And I have put a fall garden in that I will cover in poly when it’s time.

I just really miss the planting and the miracles of the seeds.
            ANN
            Last edited by stillstANNding; 10-02-2020, 04:30 AM.
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Howie, I think that you and your doctor need to have a discussion. Have you ever asked him/her why you're having problems getting the gabapentin--and explained that it's the one drug that helps you? Maybe the doctor has some mistaken ideas about you and needs more information. Doctors forget things you may have told them in the past because they have so much on their minds, what with treating so many patients.

I was just at my doctor's office and when I asked if I could go to the lab and expect to pick up the equipment needed for a special test the doctor supposedly had requested, she didn't remember requesting the test. She had to look back at her records, and then she said, "Oh yes, you're supposed to get a 24-hour-urine test." Then she went ahead and made sure I could pick up the stuff at the lab, which I did. I'm really glad I ran it past the doctor first. If I'd just turned up at the lab looking for it, there might have been an hour of hocus-pocus while they called the doctor and waited for a reply just to get an authorization.

Rose, no, I didn't mention my wrist/hand/shoulder problems to the doctor. I try not to mention things to doctors. They're overloaded anyway and they hate treating Medicare/Medicaid people. The diabetic foot exam was essential and so was the flu shot. But I've had these wrist/shoulder issues for ages. When I broke the wrist, it was made clear to me that I could expect arthritis and maybe other issues over time just because any fracture over the age of 30 isn't going to be completely healed for anyone, and I was supposed to have surgery to put a pin in but I didn't want that. I'm pretty sure, from the way these problems behave, that that old fracture acts up now and then, and it's just the way it is.

I looked up bursitis (and recall my parents both having bouts of it). The shoulder pain may be bursitis. All a person can do is wait it out.

These aren't problems doctors could help with as I see it. They're just problems of aging, and doctors are apt to order up tests. Going through a bunch of tests would just make life more difficult for me--and clutter up the overloaded doctor's schedule too.

I seem to have lucked out on the flu shot--so far, there's been only a sore arm, and Tylenol helped with that. Some years are like that, and this is one of those years. Color me happy!

Linda, it's so nice to know that you're getting on with the harvest and having good results.
              Last edited by agate; 10-02-2020, 07:29 AM.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Agate, I have several things to discuss with my doctor. But in the meantime, so far this month, or rather the last 30 days, I have been taking 5 instead of six Gabapentin a day, so when the 30 days are over, I will still have 30 pills leftover.
                Then if any delays come up, I at least have a few days worth.

I DID get paid, but can't get myself motivated to go to the store. I may just wait.

The hassle of dealing with Comcast, and the doctor, really wore me out. It is like I worked digging ditches all day. One mug of coffee, and I still can't get myself motivated to go out.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Agate, everything you said is true about dealing with arthritis and bursitis and things like that. There just isn't much they can do even if you do mention it.

Howie, while you deal with Comcast and Doctors, I was dealing with Microsoft and I still have to deal with Spectrum. Like you I am so worn out I just can't get motivated to do it today.
                  Virginia

Comment

Virginia, I talked myself into a store trip. I just got in, put everything away, and now the weekend is mine.

I had said,"I'm not going anywhere" but grab............................
                    .................................................. .......
                    The phone rang, and it was my brother. We had a long chat, and I real enjoyed it. NOW, I am going to get Sam inside, and fix some dinner, and just chill the rest of the night.

Have a pleasant evening.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie and Virginia, I understand how computer glitches can make you crazy. I have a Mac and no actual computer problem but I often have a problem with the Walmart App or their website when ordering for my mom. I called them three days ago - they said their response time was 5 minutes but they haven’t called back yet.

I have been cooking. Yesterday, I made apple crisp which seemed easy but it was a lot of work in a kitchen with a preheating oven. Today, I made chicken rice soup from scratch including the chicken and the rice. Lots of dicing - onion, garlic, celery, butternut squash, carrot and a few mushrooms. I added some edamame towards the end. It’s more protein and they are like green jewels in the orangey-yellow soup.

Again, I am exhausted but I have soup for my MIL and myself and dessert for all of us.

How my mom cooked, cleaned did laundry, raised three children - “all the things”- I don’t know. And today’s moms also work. And now they are homeschooling, too. My hat is off to you.

ANN

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Agate and Virginia ~

I understand why you didn't tell your doctor about your wrist/hand/shoulder. For RA, there are prescription medications, which have some grueling side effects. I've never been willing to try them. Aspercreme has always worked for Jim and me for temporary relief, as well as ... you guessed it ... Witch Hazel. We also discovered that good CBD capsules and topicals help too.

Howie ~

Good for you getting motivated, and I'm happy you had a nice chat with your brother. Is Sam in for the night now? I hope you can communicate with your doctor about refilling your Gabapentin well before you run out. As I said before, this is just ridiculous. I can't imagine why anyone would want to abuse this drug.

ANN ~

You are probably enjoying your delicious soup and apple crisp now. I understand how fatiguing cooking can be, which is why I no longer cook. I get an inspiration, and then, I'm just too worn out to pursue it.

Computer Woes ~

I know those too, and empathize with all of you, who have them. I decided that I wanted to try Apple TV on my iMac, but I ran into issues with my ID and password not matching. Everything went to the iPad. Well, I would rather watch the programs on my large iMac than the small iPad. After a hour of getting nowhere, I called Apple for technical help. As usual, I had to go "to the next tier" for my problem, which meant re-explaining my situation.

The next tier tech put me through my paces, and after an hour, he finally discerned that my iMac is 9 years old, and my operating system is out of date. I've never updated the operating system, because I didn't know what it entailed and didn't want to lose anything on my iMac. He offered to help me update the OS, but I declined. Just too tired and don't care enough to go through the hassle.

He asked me repeatedly if I have WiFi, to which I repeatedly with increasing frustration replied, "NO!" So, he asked me how my iMac and iPad were connected without WiFi. Ummm ... ether net and cellular data. What else would it be? Even I know that, and I'm not an Apple tech.

On Another Subject ~

DT was just airlifted by Marine One to Walter Reed, after developing symptoms from COVID, which he and numerous people in his realm now have. One station reported that he has a fever, congestion, and coughing.

He walked out of the White House to Marine One and boarded. At Walter Reed, he disembarked and climbed into a Secret Service vehicle to go into the hospital. The White House reported that he was going out of an abundance of "caution," and that he will be there "for a few days." He was frowning as he walked out, probably feeling miserable.

Regardless of how his staff spins this, he is 74, doesn't eat properly, doesn't exercise, is obviously obese, and under tremendous stress. He will receive excellent care and the full attention of doctors, nurses, therapists, etc., because of his position.

Initially, he told us that COVID was a hoax, then that it wasn't worse than the common cold, then that it would disappear, when the weather warmed up. Well, it's boiling hot in California now, and COVID has not vanished. We have over 7 million cases.

As he walked out of the White House to Marine One, he was wearing a mask. If only he, and his family, and his supporters had been wearing masks since March, when we first learned about this pandemic, he and millions of others might not have COVID now.

I pray generally for all COVID victims, and that now includes him and his wife, members of his staff, the Secret Service, et al. And the multitudes of others exposed to him and Hope Hicks, Melania, and on and on, who will be COVID positive in the next few days, weeks.

As I watched this on TV today, I thought, "This is our normal now. I can't envision a time in the future, where we won't need to wear masks." That is an alarming thought. It's not a hoax. I hope that everyone in our nation knows that now.

2020 is surreal.

Sending healing prayers to all that you are safe, well, and coping as best as you possibly can.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
                        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose, I commented to the cashier at the grocery store today, that these are strange times we are living through. She and I were both wearing masks, and she agreed. It is strange to be out.

Sam is perched on my leg as I type. When she is indoors which is most of the time, she is never far away.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I am so grateful you have John to help you Rose. The stresses you have been up against for a long time, are too much to bear alone. Try to stay in the moment. Its all we really have is that moment.

And yes, my youngest says the smoke has cleared and they are able to sit outdoors now and go for a walk in the neighborhood.
                            Last edited by Sunshine 2; 10-03-2020, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Jeanie had said her surgery was scheduled for October 1st. I could call her or ask if one of you want to, however I told her I would wait a few days. Also, one or both of her sons might be at the window today or tomorrow since it is the week-end. She will want to talk to them over her cell phone. She tries not to use her cell phone too much which is why she has not called her friend in Canada. I assumed she has to pay for her minutes, also she might not have Kim's phone number unless one of her sons has gotten her rolodex to her. Anyway, I don't think, since I have no idea what time her sons might come and which day on the week-end, that it would be a good idea for me to call her over the week-end.

If someone else feels differently and wants to call it doesn't take any sleuthing since Jeanie gave us all the name and address of where she is. I told them my name and that I was part of Jeanie's MS support group and that I think is why they were so nice about putting me straight to her room. She started to put me through to the hall that Jeanie is on, but I quickly told her that we both had MS and were in the same support group.

Thoughts anyone?
                              Virginia

Comment

Virginia, I think a call from you after the weekend would be great. You know her well enough that I’m sure she’ll tell you if it’s not a good time.

ANN

Comment

Working...
                                X