October chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's baaaaaack!!!

It was a good visit. I gave blood and a saliva test which takes the place of a urine test which I can never do. I can't just pee on demand. I signed a paper on the Gabapentin which should speed up that process.

Tomorrow I will go to the store. I drove right past it, but the doctor visit was enough for one day. I'll fix something to eat shortly. I feel hungry.

Everyone have a great evening.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Agate ~

What a blessing that a neighbor was able to help the lady, who fell, by talking to her and calling for help. It's a shame, however, that misunderstandings occur among the residents, who have hearing loss.

ANN ~

Thank you for your concern. Usually, John and I have the windows down half way, except during the extreme heat wave, when we turned on the a/c. With the fires, the air quality is so poor that we prefer not to have the windows down. We wear masks, and I wear gloves.

You are so right that John goes a lot of places and sees a lot of people. Right now, he's on medical leave from work, so he's not going anywhere or seeing many people other than his family.

John is my only human contact face to face, other than Instacart shoppers. I'm sure that I've mentioned somewhere that I am super lonely now, so being with John is beneficial to me in a multitude of ways. Also, I need his help with many things from light bulbs to life decisions. His mother is with my sons, and her son is with me. Her name is also Rose.

I have to admit that I've never heard of most of the produce you purchase at the Farmer's Market. I'm sure it is all delicious and adds variety to your meals. I doubt that I could find any of them on Instacart, but I can search for them anyway.

Howie ~

I'm so glad that you have the Gabapentin worked out. I'm not sure how a saliva test can also test your urine for bacteria or other issues. Did you get a COVID test?

How to pee at the doctor's office: About a half hour before your appointment, drink a big glass of water or two. When you are in the bathroom to give your specimen, turn on the faucet in the sink. Relax. Wait. Watch that faucet water flowing.

Try this next time just to see if it works.

Virginia ~

I'm so sorry that your friend passed. He's a peace now, after a long and difficult journey.

Sending prayers, healing, positive energy and good thoughts to all ~ be safe, be well, find joy every day.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose, you're onto something there. I peed in my pants just reading your instructions!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I am so glad some of you got up today before I had to wake you!!!! Maybe it was Agate that woke you.
          Virginia

Comment

Well, it's not November yet, so I'll keep this thread alive for a while longer.

I made a beer run to the store today. I'm done until payday, then it all starts again. I really had to talk myself into making the effort to make a store trip, but I did after a mug of coffee. Coffee is the great motivator.

I always have my pills sorted the night before, so I take those and wash them down with my coffee. THEN I'm good to go. After shopping, it was home, and a huge nap which I try not to do.

For some reason, a mug of coffee makes me sleepy. I think I'm broken. I know my brain is.

Bedtime soon. Everyone have a peaceful evening.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I know what you mean about coffee though I don't drink it. Hot liquids and I don't get along so well. So instead I get my caffeine fix from Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke.

I drink so much of it that I have to order it from two different places. The grocery delivery service I normally use has a limit of 2 12-packs of 12-oz. cans per week but I drink more than that. I supplement with occasional Instacart orders.

Speaking of food delivery, I ran across a review in Medical News Today of a place called Splendid Spoon that delivers meals that are vegan and/or gluten free. It looks pricey, and the dinners I looked at came as 2 servings. But it might be worth trying some time.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Has anyone heard of it?
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Well, here is western MA it was cold and raining heavily all day yesterday. Two of us were out harvesting crops for market Saturday and for storage since tomorrow night is supposed to hit record lows. So...it will be freezing cold Saturday morning and only reach 45° once the daylight is in full swing. My farmers market has 3 markets left and it will be in the 60’s the following weekend. I should skip this week. But I have never done that. It must be like runners seeing the finish line during a marathon. I want to finish. I should skip this week. But I want to finish. I should skip this week........I am about to pull out my hair in indecision.
                Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Linda, besides being unpleasant and harming produce, does the cold affect your MS symptoms? I get increased spasms and trigeminal neuralgia. It’s snowing here now on the other side of the state.

Best to,
                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Still snowing at almost noon. The street was plowed. I shoveled a strip of brick sidewalk near the feeder and put seed down for the birds. They are putting on quite a show for the cats. And, to complete the mood, we’ve put George Winston’s December CD on.

Any one for hot chocolate?
                    ANN

Comment

It is in the 60s here today, but very windy so still doesn't feel too good.

Linda, what a dilemma to be in. Like Ann, even if I could walk or stand that long the cold finish me off. I guess you work out in it at home some so maybe it doesn't bother you as much.

Ann, it's still October and you mean it is SNOWING????? That should wake Howie up. He loves snow.
                      Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                        Linda, besides being unpleasant and harming produce, does the cold affect your MS symptoms? I get increased spasms and trigeminal neuralgia. It’s snowing here now on the other side of the state.

Best to,
                        ANN
                        Today was a surprise...we got about 3” of heavy snow and it was so cold all day that all of us were complaining. I did something I have never done and called this morning to say I would not be at the market tomorrow. I left things open and said maybe I could come when it was daylight and when the sun came out. But, just now, to stop myself from any moRe indecision I unhitched my car from my trailer. I figured that what settle things! But, next Saturday it will be in the 60’s!
                        Ann, anyway, cold weather gives me a lot of energy. I am having spasm trouble today but think it is because I forgot to take ampyra this morning. So, I think the cold does not cause problems but M not sure. Sorry you have so much pain.
                        Trigeminal neuralgia Is tough to deal with. I always thought that was what I had when I get stabbing pains in the corner of an eye...lasting less than a second. But when it comes around I get those intense pains on and off fo weeks at a time.

Anyway, I made my decision and I am sticking with it!
                        Last edited by Lazarus; 10-30-2020, 01:03 PM.
                        Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Good idea. Tomorrow when the light is just coming up I will put George Winston on too!
                          Linda~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                            Good idea. Tomorrow when the light is just coming up I will put George Winston on too!
                            Who would think we’d be playing Winston’s “ December” on Halloween?

We have had at least four inches of heavy wet snow. More than January through March of 2019.

I spent this afternoon making vegetable soup. Nobody is surprised.

My mom had a great day yesterday. Her doctor arranged for a nurse to come and give her a flu shot. Then a younger friend called to ask if she’d like anything from Aldi’s. When she delivered it, she also left a pumpkin pie, a pint of strawberries and two loaves of homemade bread.

Around 3 PM our grocery order from Walmart arrived there. The good thing about that is that you can order non- grocery items, too. Then when we were talking on the phone at four, a neighbor brought her vegetable barley soup with a sleeve of crackers and a treat bag of Halloween candies..

People are good..
                            ANN

Comment

I just took a nap, and had the craziest dream it was snowing.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X