Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got kittens!!!

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default I got kittens!!!

Well I am on sabbatical for fostering for Los Gatos Foster ANimal cat REscue and had planned to take a break but then I sit on FB every morning and see all the posts of animals in need and came across a woman who had a new mama with her 6 kittens and her husband told her they had to go by Monday so Labor Day I got kittens. They are just so amazing. Their eyes are opening now. Today they are 13 days old. I am beginning to see differences in them so I can sex them and tell them apart. Everything I have read says not to handle them too much during their first two weeks or mama may quit feeding regularly. So I abide, mama is healthy. They just had to be treated for fleas. I am so excited.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

How exciting!! Bless your heart for being so good to cats.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Wicked excellent!!

Oh, please Chris, more pictures.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Trying to upload video. Babies eyes are all open today.

You asked for it Ann!

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

So, precious! Thank you for the kitten fix. What an excellent mom.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Chris)))))) ~

Thank you so much for taking in this precious family! How lucky they are to be with you.

Freya is being a good Mama to her babies. Oh my! They are so adorable. And now I want one!

We'll take all the photos and videos you want to post! I can never tire of watching kittens and puppies!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mama looks very proud and pleased. They're all beautiful!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

She does look like she loves her babies. Chris it must be hard to keep your hands off them.

Thanks for the video.
    Virginia

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. I have done minimal necessary checks here and there to make sure no fleas, no growths or abnormalities and everybody looks healthy. I have done good now it is time to socialize and get use to hands swooping in and getting use to being handled. Mama always looks at me like I am crazy but she gets them right back lol. I am trying to pick names. I think I actually have two girls and four boys. Penelope and Lola for the girls and Rusty and Angus for the orange boys now I have two more names to think of.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

oh how i'd love to touch those kitten noses with my nose. that is what i always did so that they would know me. and we'd always bond. of course i know that if kitty mommy does not know you well, she might try and move her babies. i use to take that personal until i realised she was mostly trying to throw off all the male cats who migh be around and get close enough to do harm to her babies. that does actually happen i know because it happened more than once to kittens on our farm. my dad would not let me keep the cat and kittens in the house way back when. i was out wherever they were most of the time anyway. cats and kittens were y one true constant companions when i was young. it might be to cold to walk to neighbors to play but never to cold to wrap up and go pla with kitties. i still love kitten breath! thank you for being those animals best pal. so glad that there are people who can and will do the job.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast