Thread: Great Cookies

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Wink Great Cookies

Last night I started making a double batch of these. It's a time consuming recipe and worth every second.

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/pe...m-thumbprints/

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Wooowww!!! just visited the site and indeed....looks soooo yummy. Would love to try them :)Thank you for sharing

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Thanks SweetChoc ... I LOVE a good new recipe to try. And yesterday I was in a store for the usual grocery shopping and saw a new magazine, Southern Living Cookies & Bars. The price was $12.99 for a magazine!!
    I like reading new cookie recipes so much I decided to buy that expensive magazine. And, after I spent some time reading, I was VERY happy that I had bought it. It has more than a dozen new cookie recipes I have to try. I'm a happy baker.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

may i join in onyour conversation, i can't resist. oh they do look so good. i started collecting recipes back in the 60's while i was in a larger city stayinf at a VA hospital while mydaddy was being treated for cancer. i have so many recipes by now. and tho i seldom cook because i cannot manage it all i can while away an afternoon daydeaminglooking at my recipies and daydreamng how nice it would be to prepare things for compzny like i use to do. aq good timrs indeed. i'd like to get hubby interested in helping make these. it takes both of us thesd days. yhose cookies are callinf my naame,l/ol.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Please, please Joy --- do join in the conversation. Please just start a conversation if you want to talk. Hearing from you is a JOY!!

I have many, many, many recipes for cookies, lots for candy, some for cake and brownies and some for 'food' stuff. My problem is what to do with so many cookies. I used to be able to take lots to the local police department. And I used to belong to a church where I took goodies to the childrens' classes every Sunday and the school every Monday. That was so much fun.

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by jingle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks SweetChoc ... I LOVE a good new recipe to try. And yesterday I was in a store for the usual grocery shopping and saw a new magazine, Southern Living Cookies & Bars. The price was $12.99 for a magazine!!
    I like reading new cookie recipes so much I decided to buy that expensive magazine. And, after I spent some time reading, I was VERY happy that I had bought it. It has more than a dozen new cookie recipes I have to try. I'm a happy baker.
    Glad you bought the cookie magazine . It will be worth it. Dont forget to share a few recipes you've found in the magazine. Would love to try them too

Hi SweetChoco. This weekend I tried another new recipe. WOW! I found a recipe for "Chunk Wild Cookies" (what a name!) on www.kingarthurbaking.com . The best cookies I ever made.
    Sunday morning I took a bag of them to a lovely woman at church who also likes to bake. She said they were the best cookies she had ever tasted.
    King Arthur flour always has good recipes but this was downright INCREDIBLE!