Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: September 2020: Keep on Moving

Distinguished Community Member

We have also elected to not have our house cleaner in since February do to Covid-19. However, we expect that Covid may get worse here after schools and colleges restart. We have decided to have a deep clean next week and may do it every quarter depending on what is going on in the community.

Mom has let her doctor send Quest to draw her blood once a month for two months now and has had her house cleaner in once a month for those same two months. She also will change that as the situation changes.

Virginia, you can not be too careful. Maybe you could live with a less perfect house? Maybe get a service with strict protocols that comes once a month for the bigger things?

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 09-04-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are Merry Maids still around? I've known people who have had good experiences using them.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Peter’s mother’s tenant uses Merry Maids and likes them.

ANN

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

ANN
    What do you mean her doc has sent quest to your mom. How does that work?

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I don’t know the details, Sunshine. The doctor, several years back, said, “Let’s not make you drive in the snow for blood tests this winter.” Of course Mom said that if it was bad she wouldn’t go anyway. He just ordered home draw in the computer and now all of her blood work is from home.

Mom likes it except in early March the lab person did not use any precautions and Mom decided she wasn’t letting her in again until “it was over.” The doctor applied pressure in July and Mom agreed if they would use a good safety protocol. And they have.

ANN

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I don't know any housekeepers around in this area who truly use really "safe protocols". They might say they do.

Ann, glad your Mom has home draws done. Obviously, she should not be going out to get them done even in pre COVID days.

Sunshine, wish you get more home stuff done.
    Virginia

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Well, this afternoon I went in my master bathroom and took my long handle brush and cleaned my very large whirlpool bathtub that is up against a corner and comes out into the room taking up space that I could have used for more drawer space. It hurts my back again, but I was determined. Then I cleaned the stool I sit on in my shower and the bottom of the shower and the lower 1/3. With that much done legs were going, back was going and I gave it up. Will get top 2/3 of shower at a later date.

So, what did all of you do this Holiday Saturday afternoon, and don't everyone speak up at once.

When I went in to see my PCP last month, she asked if I still got in the bathtub. I told her I had to give that up years ago for the shower. I then was telling her what kind of tub I had and before I could finish she said "I hate those tubs." She said they were all the rage back in the 90s. I bought this place new in 1993 and no walls were up, but the studs were, so the tub was already in. I asked the builder if he would change the tub for a regular one and he said a flat "no". I kind of understood because he would have had to take out many studs to get it out of the house. He changed a few other things for me, but not that.

I wondered if my Doctor had had or does now have a tub like that. While she was saying she hated them she sketched one out perfectly, so she knew exactly what I was talking about.

Hope everyone is having a nice week-end.
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I bet a hot shower would feel good about now, Virginia. And it’s very clean.

I chopped many veggies standing in the kitchen yesterday and made Summer Vegetable Soup. I try to have some for my MIL every weekend.

Then we went to the “last farm in the city” and I got summer and winter squash, Sickle pears, arugula, tomatoes to slice and vegetable starts for the fall garden. Today, I planted the two kinds of kale, yellow beets and multiple kinds of lettuces. I love doing it but I am leaning against a heating pad for my back now, Virginia.

What are you doing, Agate?
    ANN

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, a few people here in this building have had modified bathtubs installed--they look like ordinary tubs but have a little swing-away door so the person can get in and out easily. If your contractor says it's not possible to replace your existing whirlpool bath with an ordinary tub, though, that's probably out of the question.

I know what you mean about leaving jobs partly done. I have quite a few jobs around here right now that are waiting to be finished at a later date.

There are some spots on the carpet that I need to treat with carpet stain remover. I've already tried a couple of ways but there is one more product I need to try. I just never feel like dragging out the supplies and getting on my knees, then having to figure out a way to get up off my knees.

What have I been doing today? Laundry. It's laundry I wasn't able to do yesterday because I waited most of the day for UPS to pick up a package, and by the time they came in the late afternoon I wasn't up to tackling laundry any more that day.

I don't often return items I buy but this was pajamas that were just too big, and the place I ordered from is good about exchanges.

One problem with not going to brick-and-mortar stores is that you don't get a chance to try any clothes on. I try to get the size right when ordering online but there are times when there's a size problem. Often I can fix it or put up with it but this wasn't fixable.

But now they're on their way back, and in a few weeks I'll have a better fitting pair of PJs.

Netflix sent me Disc 2 of a documentary I wanted to watch but Disc 1 never reached me. Until they fix this by sending a replacement Disc 1, I'll be listening to a book while crocheting instead of watching a movie. It's a true crime story called "Bitter Almonds." It's about a couple of cyanide poisoning murders right in an area that is familiar to me--the Seattle area.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Agate, one of the walk-in tubs is not possible in my existing master bath. It would be in my 2nd bathroom downstairs where there is a normal size and style tub and shower, but it is down the hall from my master bedroom and I don't want to have to walk all the way down the hall to take a bath. I like using my master bath next to my bedroom.
    Virginia

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast