Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, I am so happy that you treated yourself to a special supper. Good for you!

I made stuffed Delicata squash for part of dinner. This was a Delicata that was more of a pumpkin shape. I sliced it in half, took the seeds out and filled the cavities with breadcrumbs mixed w Romano cheese and onions and herbs then I baked it in a toaster oven. It was delicious.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My wrist/hand problem is gradually getting better but I'm trying not to overdo. I found that I can still do many things with my left hand as I had to do for 8 weeks when the right wrist was in a cast--and I've discovered a site called windowswap where you can see the view from other people's windows all over the world and hear their birds (and their traffic sounds) and see their cats on their windowsills. It's interesting and keeps me from using my right hand.

Yesterday I did something I've been thinking about doing for weeks but what with the fires and the weather, it wasn't possible. I actually ordered a few cookies from my DIL's bake shop. The bit of business should help her somewhat (every little bit helps) but it was a very minimal order because her baked goods are out of my price range, and I don't usually buy such things.

But I did want to do something for the people here, anonymously, as I know they are hurting now, with long waits for the elevator they depend on and no more monthly meetings, no more mobile library, no more home haircuts or mani/pedicures, and most of all no more rooms where they can play cards, do puzzles, have potlucks, be on a computer, watch TV, hold private parties. There were people here who made frequent use of all of those possibilities.

So when I found out that the cookies were about 4" in diameter, I decided to cut 4 of them into quarters and leave them out for people to sample. Yesterday I did that, and it went smoothly. They arrived in an attractive little box, and I cut them and put them back in the box and put them out where people leave food they want to share. It's an informal arrangement here, against the rules, and so it happens when the management isn't around. Friday evening seemed like a good time.

The cookies and box were gone a few hours later.

Oh, and I kept a quarter of a cookie to sample. I had half of that yesterday and am looking forward to the other half today. My DIL is actually doing this in spite of the COVID-19 restrictions. I was able to place the order and pay online, and a delivery time was given, and the delivery happened pretty much as scheduled. I admire my DIL for launching this venture even though there's a little one at home. She has several people working for her and it seems to be going along well enough so far.

And I recently watched a 6-hour documentary that is available as streaming--It wasn't exactly cheerful but was very informative. It's called "Near Death" and was made in 1989, filmed at Boston's Beth Israel Hospital medical intensive care unit.

Still making hats. Last year I made 30. This year I don't know how many I've made but I have two boxes full of them.

That's what's going on here aside from the rain that is very very welcome.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I’m glad your wrist is improving, Agate. Sounds like slow progress but progress.

Window swap sound very interesting. I’ll try that.

I just found a way to print from my iPhone. So convenient! I was finishing a care package for my mother last night and printed fifteen New York Times crossword puzzles for her. She’s going to love that. I’m pleased with this new skill.

ANN

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím glad your wrist is improving, Agate. Sounds like slow progress but progress.

Window swap sound very interesting. Iíll try that.

I just found a way to print from my iPhone. So convenient! I was finishing a care package for my mother last night and printed fifteen New York Times crossword puzzles for her. Sheís going to love that. Iím pleased with this new skill.

ANN

Whoa! How do you print from your iPhone? !

8. The following user says "thanks"

Sunshine, here’s one article but there are many:

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...-ipad-3476078/

It’s called air print and you need wi-fi and a printer that does air print.

Best way is to have someone show you. It’s really easy.

ANN

10. The following user says "thanks"

Where is everyone else, Howie, and what are you up to today?

Yesterday, I made my veggie soup and we had it for dinner with olive bread.

Today I had an appointment at CVS in the pharmacy for a flu shot. I got there and they did not have my online form. They said that they did not have the stronger senior vaccine and so they put those reservations aside until they get some. They do not call those people (me) or send a text to tell us not come. ???

We had planned the weekend around that appointment. We got back in the car and Peter started calling other CVS stores and I called Walgreens. We found another CVS that did have the stronger vaccine and I have had it. (Big smile)

We also went to Allandale Farm again and I got a Baby Blue Hubbard squash, another Delicata, a garlic bulb to plant the cloves, radishes and a bouquet of dahlias. Color me extra happy.

ANN

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Ann, to color you "extra happy", that would mean a bright yellow, like SpongeBob.

I did absolutely nothing today. Sam had to kick me now and then to make sure I was still alive.

I'm in until Friday, payday, then do my routine all over again.

Everyone have a pleasant evening!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I may be wrong (it's been known to happen) but I think it's anniversary time for stillstANNding and Peter (the 28th?). So:

HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MORE HAPPY YEARS TOGETHER!
    Last edited by agate; 09-28-2020 at 06:52 AM. Reason: fixing mistake

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thank you, Agate! Today (28) is our sixth wedding anniversary and we started dating 38 years ago. Peter took today off so we’d have a three day weekend.

He made me an anniversary card that looks like a seed packet and says, Happy Anniversary Sweet Dumpling. “Sweet Dumpling” is the first squash I harvested. Bless him and thank you for remembering.

ANN

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Sniff....I think I'm going to cry.

Congrats Peter and Ann!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast