Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

You have us all in suspense now. What is the latest with your Gabapentin prescription?

And, I'm just going to say it, because I watched my children have seizures for nearly 50 years. Until you are taking Gabapentin again, you should not drive. Every day you go without it, your risk increases.

We are all clucking, because we care about you, Howie. You know that. Please don't make jokes about it. We are serious and concerned.

So, please let us know what the status is of your prescription.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

As far as I know, nothing has changed. I sit and wait for a seizure to start. I'm going to CVS today, to pick up two prescriptions, and I will ask then what's the status.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

I'm back from the store, and CVS. They said a request has been sent to the NP, but so far, no reply.

I got everything at the store, so I'm in unless CVS calls to tell my the Gabapentin is ready, but I'm not holding my breath.

Everyone have a GREAT day!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're a far more patient patient than I would be under the circumstances, Howie.

I think I'd be on that phone a couple of times at least today since we're about to have a long weekend. I'd be reminding people who might have let it slip their minds.

It's all too easy to overlook something when you have a large number of people to take care of.

Pharmacists and doctors and NPs have large numbers of people to take care of.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

Well, after making calls to the doctor's office (already closed) and CVS (they can't do anything without the NP's okay) I officially give up my quest. Plus having a 3 day weekend, it will be Tuesday before anything can happen.

So at the store today, I bought 2 cases of beer, that's 48 beers. Wow!

My brother should call later today, so I can vent to him. That's what brothers are for isn't it?

Have a great evening everyone!

Albert Einstein

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Howie, you can go to an urgent care or ER and have them write a script for enough pills to tide you over until you can get in touch with your NP. Bring in your most recent pill bottle to show them that you are on this drug.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ikoiko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howie, you can go to an urgent care or ER and have them write a script for enough pills to tide you over until you can get in touch with your NP. Bring in your most recent pill bottle to show them that you are on this drug.
    Howie, please take this advice. Tuesday is a long way away. Now we will all worry if we don't hear from you twice a day, and with 48 beers that is unlikely.
    Virginia

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Waiting for a seizure is just plain stupid.

Value yourself more. Call and get the doctor on call for that practice - that’s what they have “on call” for. Or go to Urgent Care.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Community Member

P.S. Howie, I have had pharmacists who know me give me 5 to 7 pills of a controlled substance to tide me over until I can get a prescription renewed. I think it is fairly common. Good luck.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

((((((Hugs to All))))))~

Howie ~

Did you ask CVS to give you a supply to tide you over? If so, what did they say?

If not, call CVS right now and ask them to do this for you. They have filled this prescription for you enough times that they know you are on it legitimately. Tell them that you are concerned about having a seizure, if you have to wait any longer for your prescription. As I said, I've never been turned down by any pharmacy, when I have asked for a "tide over" supply, because there is a screw-up in getting a refill.

Start with CVS, then call Urgent Care, before you go there, to make sure that they can write you a prescription.

When you called your doctor's office, did you ask why the NP hasn't renewed your prescription? They can't have a reasonable excuse for letting you go this long without this med. This is malpractice.

Beer isn't a substitute for Gabapentin, and it sure isn't used to treat seizures.

Please call CVS right now, even if you asked when you were there, and they turned you down. Beg, if necessary.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

P.S. I agree with ANN. Call your doctor's office and ask for the on call doctor. Start there, then call CVS. Also, every doctor's practice has on-call after hours, on weekends and holidays.
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 09-04-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast