Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

The "Quick Reply" box is right below the "Reply to Thread" link:

Attachment 5484

If you type in the Quick Reply box, and for some reason you lose your post, this message will appear in the Quick Reply box, when you return to the thread:

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 1.37.28 PM.jpg

Just click on the message in red, and whatever was saved will be restored.

I hope this helps.

I'm glad you're safely home from your errands.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You get the same opportunity if you've clicked on "Reply to Thread" by the way. At the bottom of the message window where you'll be writing your post there is this, in big letters: "Click here to restore auto-saved content." If you click on that, you'll get your "lost" message.

It doesn't always work but usually it does.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I don't like it when Sam is out. I worry!
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

agate ~

In 20 years, I've never used the "Reply to Thread" link! I use the Quick Reply and "Go Advanced."

Quite often, I copy my posts, before I submit, or if I don't feel secure that it will all be auto-saved.

How is your situation now? Did the rain help? Is it still raining? How is your air quality?

The fire near me continues to rage having scorched 142 acres so far. Our air quality is still ranked "very unhealthy," which is probably true throughout California. So, another morning without my walk.

Tomorrow, John is bringing his old work car to give to me. It is in good condition, as he is vigilant about maintaining their cars. It's older, so it doesn't have all of the fancy computer gee-gaws on it. This was my concern about getting a new car last year ~ that I would be distracted by all of the technology/devices. He will have to drive with me at least once to help me get used to it.

Our 22 year old wheelchair van will now be donated, and it will take some adjustment for me not to be driving that behemoth. But, I'm a little old lady now, so I need something smaller and easier to access (and park).

I'm a little sentimental about giving her up, as I have been with some of my other vehicles over the decades. But, I don't need her, and someone, who uses a wheelchair (or two someones, since it has two tie downs), does need her.

I recall a valet at the hospital in 2012, who asked me if I wanted to sell her. I explained that she was my only form of transportation. He mused that if he could buy it from me, he'd turn it into a caravan for beach outings. "It is a wheelchair accessible van. It is designed to transport people, who are in wheelchairs. So, when it's time, she will be donated," I said.

A Triple A mechanic, who came to our house and put a new battery in the van, also offered to buy it. Same answer.

So, another chapter in my life is ending, while another chapter begins.

Sending prayers and good thoughts to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Good luck with your new car, Rose. Maybe you’ll post pictures of the van and the new car, too. After all, the van has been a character in the story of your family for a long time.

I’m hoping the fires abate and the air gets fresher.

I was thinking about Jeanie today. I was in the kitchen - I don’t remember what made me think of her but I stopped and said a prayer. I know she’d appreciate any prayers or good thoughts others can send her way.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Virginia, Sam made it back in, but it was a nice day, so she took her sweet time. Don't worry about Sam, she can still really move when she has to. Since she came in, she has pretty much been planted on my lap, but letting me get up to fix something to eat since she always gets my leftovers.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Ann, I was in my kitchen today and I was thinking of Jeanie and wondering if she is in the same place. I think that is two great minds working the same channel.

I miss Jeanie and wish Jim would e-mail Agate again with some updated information. She is always in my prayers each night. I know that is what she would want the most.

Howie, I worry that Sam will get too distracted and something might happen to her. If you are out there watching her it is one thing, but for you to leave her out there I don't like.

Rose, I know how you feel about the van, but the car will be better for you. I hope things begin to clear up there so you can take your walk each morning. I know this important to you.

Agate hasn't said how things are for her, but the last I heard they had gotten rain. I really hope it helped.
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The rain did help though 11 fires in the state are still "active," and what I don't like about that situation is that many of them are only 10% under control--and the forecast doesn't call for much rain at all. But the air is delightfully clearer at last.

I'm resting my right hand all day because it's acting up. I probably overdid on the crocheting last night. Years ago I broke my right wrist when I fell and it's never been the same. It gets out of whack sometimes, swollen and painful and misshapen, but with rest and aspirin it will undoubtedly calm down.

So I'll say more soon.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

My DD was in that earthquake. Its unnerving as you donít know if it will stop and what will come next. As a mom, itís one more thing to worry: Covid, Smoke, Earthquakes.

Tomorrow is IVIG. I have been inspired by agate and have reached over a thousand steps a day., my best was short of 1300. Tomorrow I donít walk hardly at all at IVIG, it triggers spasms, or has in the past. So I use a wheelchair to use the bathroom. Every hour I try to stand at least 30Ē to prevent DVT from the IVIG.

I hope its uneventful.

Last night I missed my midnight doses, and discovered it at 3:45am and quickly took them. It leaves me funky in teh morning. It happens now and then: first time in a long time. My own fault. The alarm did do what it was told to do.

I am still trying to see a pulmonologist. The intake system at Cleveland clinic is broken (new software) and they cannot receive the referrals. So, my doc mailed it a few days, that can take a week until its read. This began on Sept 8th. I got told to try the ďOmbudsmanĒ and I asked her to call the docís office and ask if he referred me. She said she would try that. If that doesnít work, I will impose on the asthma doc to call theOmbudsman.

These big hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID, short staffed, and now a problem with software...do they administrators care? I know the staff cares.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

ANN ~

Somewhere I have a photo of the van after she had her last paint job many years ago. I can't seem to find it now. Neither my phone or my camera (actual camera) are taking photos for me now. Maybe John can take photos of it and the car with his phone.

John's car isn't new. It has over 200,000 miles on it, I think, because he used it for work. I don't know what year it is. He bought a newer car for his work and gave this car to his daughter. As a combination birthday, Christmas and graduation gift, he and his wife bought her a newer car. Because I need a car without bells and whistles, John decided to offer it to me.

Today, I scoured the DMV website for information on transferring the title to our cars. The van will require a smog check, which is due this year anyway, before I can donate it. Jim's name is on the title, so I have to show his death certificate and get a form notarized.

I knew that there would be hoops for me to jump through, flaming hoops. Nothing is ever easy, even during a pandemic, when it should be at least easier to do these things.

John had an appointment this afternoon, so he'll be here tomorrow, and we'll wade through all of the red tape together.

The fire continues to blaze and feed on the dry chaparral and threatening homes. Containment isn't expected until mid-October. By then, who knows how much will be lost? Or how many other fires will have flared up?

Thank you for your positive thoughts and energy. It's about all any of us can do about anything these days. "Chin up!" as Jim used to say.

Howie ~

I'm glad that Sam returned, but of course she would. A) She loves you. B) You feed her. I hope that she is wise and agile out in the "wild." I have watched so many movies, animated and CGI, where critters speak, I think she's going out to meet with her pals to talk about world domination. And, I'm fairly sure that she and her pals could do a better job than our current head cats. That, or she finds some cozy shady place to just be on her own.

Virginia ~

The air quality this morning was "Fair," but by the time I saw the forecast, I had already started my morning. I like to go out first to warm up, but once I'm up and doing things, I don't feel like getting in my "walking clothes." If the quality is fair tomorrow, I will venture out. I have to wait for sunrise, and that seems to take forever some mornings.

agate ~

I'm pretty sure most everyone here and you know what I'm going to say ... Douse a paper towel or cloth in Witch Hazel and wrap it around your wrist. It reduces inflammation and provides relief. I've recommended this to everyone here at least once, and those, who tried it, reported good results.

Thankfully, your skies are clearer, but I've found that that can be misleading. So, I check on the internet every morning for the local weather, which also gives air quality. That's how I know not to go outside.

Rest your wrist. Elevate it as much as you can, and get back to us, when you feel up to it.

Sunshine ~

Since your DD felt the quake, then she is also affected by the fires. And, as Mom to Mom, I know how worried you are. Plus, I live here, and I know how unpredictable quakes and fires are.

I also know that our fire departments are stretched to the limit and then some right now. So, the last thing we need is another big quake. We just don't have the person-power to manage that overload of disaster.

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your referral. With COVID, it must be so difficult for medical facilities of all kinds to keep functioning. Think about how much overtime everyone is working to keep up with the crisis. And the risks they are taking being exposed to COVID repeatedly.

Administrators care about profit and loss, or funding, if they are nonprofit.

Sending prayers that IVIG goes well for you tomorrow.

Jeanie ~

We miss you. We're thinking of and praying for you.

Sending healing prayers and love to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast