Thread: Have you voted?

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Thumbs up Have you voted?

I voted -- about 6:10AM.
    I went so early hoping to use an empty polling place but lots of other people felt the same way. But the line moved very fast and I didn't wait 4 minutes.

I hope you vote!

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Good to hear, Jingle.

It’s not a voting day here but I did register for absentee ballots for all future elections.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Jingle)))))) ~

When I saw your thread title, I was hoping that I'd been asleep for 3 months, and it is November! Alas and alack, if only ...

No voting here either. I haven't been to a poll for decades, because I always vote by absentee (mail-in) ballot. In our primary in June (I think it was), every voter in California received a mail-in ballot. As it should be during a pandemic, regardless of the contentions of certain politicians. We also had polls, but most people voted by mail. And it was a successful election.

You are a good citizen for going so early to the polls today.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

I assumed (I'm so good at that ) that because Missouri was having a primary mostly for state issues, every state would be doing the same.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Voted absentee yesterday and it was the easiest two minutes of my life. Fill it out, drop it off down the street. Thank God I didn't have to stand in line because I just got back injections before I dropped it off.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I did. The ballot came along early, and there was just one choice on it. I sent it in early even though I usually wait until only about 5-7 days before the actual election date.

It's probably good that I sent it in early because I was notified that there was a problem with my ballot. I'd neglected to sign my name on the envelope!

They sent me a form so I could do a signature, and I sent it back. I've been voting by absentee ballot for about 35 years and never had a problem with a ballot.

But I'm not surprised that I made this mistake. If there's too much going on, I make lots of mistakes.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

voted and put it in drop box days before

i guess 36 % of eligibles voted here
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/...t/Turnout.html it almost seems the dem counties have higher voter turnout
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Jingle,

Today I received our primary ballot in the morning mail, filled it out and walked in to a nearby mailbox. My husband took a picture of me mailing it - just in case.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following user says "thanks"