Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2020 Chat & Musings

Distinguished Community Member

Sorry about above post, I found it. I am on my phone instead of my computer and it is harder for me to read, and see things. I apologize Sunshine.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Good that you are thinking of her, Virginia. I hope your weather doesn’t get too bad tonight and tomorrow.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, as it goes up the East Coast I hope yours doesn't get bad. It has already been raining since about 3:30 or 4 this afternoon. Of course the storm is not here yet or even near. I am a bit anxious tonight. Our ground is so saturated already because we have already had more rain than we should have in the past few weeks. They are predicting very heavy rains later tonight and tomorrow. I worry about trees coming down with the ground being so saturated.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Check in when you can, Virginia. I am thinking you might be able to use your cell phone even if you lose power.

Howie, I am hoping you don’t lose power either. Hate to think of Sam’s deli meat going bad. I hope you got your coffee (with your creamer) this morning.

This system is going to be much closer to Linda than to us. Alas, she will get rain she’s needed but too much, too late. Ours will be very little but we could have high winds. I’ve spent this humid morning moving trays of seedlings (for Fall garden), small and medium potted herbs and flowers and all the empty pots and saucers to more secure places. I don’t want a flying flower pot to come through a skylight!

Our Cassie Cat did not come to breakfast. And we couldn’t find her. I worried that she went out past me on one of my trips to the garden. We eventually found her flattened behind a toilet. We seemed scared and did not want her breakfast at first. She has since come out and has eaten but she is staying low.

I’m wondering if she senses the barometric pressure. She was in hurricane Andrew in Florida. She was trapped as a kitten at a feeding station. In fact, Jack’s original name was “Andrew”. Chris, Jingle, Howie, Agate and other cat-parents please comment.

Be safe,
    ANN

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I watch a lot of ghosts and haunting type of videos, and many times, the cat of the house is transfixed, looking at a certain spot on a wall, or a door, or the ceiling. But to our eyes, there is nothing there. Who knows.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe Cassie was frightened by something--that's my guess. It's when they stay in hiding or in some very unusual spot that I get concerned.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

She could have seen a hawk through the skylights or windows. The cats do spend time just gazing up or out and the Aboretum is nearby. It has lots of habitat.

ANN

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Most storms don't bother Badcat or Peaches but when there's a lot of wind and thunder they get concerned and watch me. If I say, "It's OK...it's OK", they are calm and relaxed. But when a storm gets really loud Peaches disappears and Badcat wants to be held.

Ann, I keep bird feeders just 18 - 24 inches from the front window and both of mine stretch out on the back of the couch and watch. And I have feeders on the deck railing in the back - they love that too.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I've had cats that do what I call "chirping" where they will be watching birds from the inside of the house through the window, and their mouth moves real fast like they are chirping, but no sound comes out.

Cats are so entertaining.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've noticed cats doing that too. I think they're going through the motions that they'd be going through if they were chomping down on the bird or whatever it is that they're watching, as if they're imagining what it would be like to sink their teeth into it.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast