Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: July chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Stiff Person Syndrome, Tricyclics of which Pamelor is one, SNR’s and Duloxetine are all Not good for people with SPS, it worsens the stiffening, spasticity, spasms. So there is a narrow window of treatment for pain, depression and anxiety.
    I am on Buspar for anxiety, and suspect that is the reason for the decline with SPS. It coincides with starting it. Will discuss with doc.
    I did not mean for you to ask for that specific drug but rather try asking if s/he could do one thing to improve your live.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I have been reading for almost a week now. I had not read a book since early March. There has just been so much going on and I couldn't seem to settle down and focus enough, but now I have read two long books. I am going to start a 3rd. I finally just felt like if I didn't start something that I looked forward to I was going to go deeper in the dark zone. I always have enjoyed reading, so I figured that was the best thing to try.

Hope all of you are doing well.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Virginia, you get the distinction of being the first post of the day. I know you must be bursting with pride!

I've been quiet too. I've debated if I should go to the store or not, and "not" won. All I really want is beer, but I've been out for a few days now. I guess a few more days won't kill me....much.

I have new masks that may be in my mailbox, but I can't bring myself to go check. I'm content watching TV, and playing on the computer.

Everyone have a great day, and check in, I need something to read!

Oh, and I don't read books anymore. My problems with my vision due to the MS makes that impossible. I can barely read print on the computer, but it's just large enough to read.

BYE!!!!!
    "Searching for the Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

Hi Howie. Thank you for posting.

How’s your cat?
    ANN

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Sam is doing fine. I haven't spoiled her to death yet.
    "Searching for the Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Hoping that everyone is well and relaxing.

Virginia ~

That's great that you've started reading again. Do you miss your Book Club? Have your club members considered holding your meetings on line? It's the thing to do nowadays, thanks to COVID-19. It might be fun and a nice way to socialize for all of you.

Howie ~

We should all do just what we feel like doing everyday. Like you, my eyesight prevents me from reading books and magazines. I guess we could get magnifying glasses ... ? You haven't spoiled Sam?

ANN ~

How is your garden growing? How about taking some photos and showing off your bounty with us?

Everyone stay safe, be well, and be very good to yourselves.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

9. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, you might not go to the store for yourself, but if Sam were out of turkey you would go in a new york minute - no she's not spoiled at all!!!

Ann, how are your THREE cats??
    Virginia

11. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Rose,

The garden is jammin’. I just replanted some greens that are better suited for hotter weather after enjoying lettuces, parsley, endive, beet greens, kales and many others.

Tomatoes are blossoming and the farm-bought hanging cherry has been producing for two weeks.

I harvested half of my garlic. Onions, potatoes doing well. Beans are flowering - seven kinds.

And I am drying my own herbs for the winter and to make teas.

Virginia, the cats are amazing creatures. They give back love and entertain us everyday.

ANN

Edited to add: I have a chipmunk! Mr. Chip (no “s”). I love him. First chipmunk here in almost thirty years.
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 07-08-2020 at 01:30 PM.

13. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

Wow! Your garden really IS jammin'! How wonderful to have all of those delicious vegetables and dried herbs. Nothing is better than straight from the garden or farm to your kitchen.

Jim had a green thumb, and in our early years, he grew peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic, potatoes, assorted herbs, and even corn! Our neighbor called him "Farmer Jim," as if it was an insult. Now, that neighbor's wife grows peppers and tomatoes in large pots every Spring. Another neighbor joked about Jim's "Victory Garden." He's a pretty lazy, self-involved guy, so Jim just ignored him.

I wish I had the energy and talent to grow some veggies.

Do you make your own salad dressing(s)? Your soups sound scrumptious!

I'm happy for you that you have your garden and organic veggies to enjoy.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

15. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Rose, I don’t make salad dressings, as such. I drizzle a little olive oil and fresh lemon or apple cider vinegar on my salads. I put oregano on everything.

I’m glad to know that Jim was a gardener. It ties you to the land, the sky, the weather, the critters and the season. In my experience, it is a good anti-depressant. Maybe it was for him, too.

ANN

17. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast