Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: July chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jeanie ~

In addition to the chocolate, I wonder if perhaps applying some paper towels or wash cloths soaked in Witch Hazel might reduce your pain from the fall. It might even help reduce the shingles pain, since it is an anti-inflammatory. I have always found Witch Hazel to be cold upon application, and then quite soothing for a variety of ailments. Just something to consider, perhaps?

If you don't have some kind of alert system, then I recommend you always have your cell phone with you, so that you can call for help immediately.

I just had this thought too: to avoid embarrassing moments with paramedics or loved ones helping you, always have a towel on the floor, which you can reach if you fall. Maybe two or three towels.

If you are still taking Tramadol and Gabapentin, you may be experiencing imbalance as a side effect of those drugs. I don't know what the answer is, of course. You need the meds to control your pain, but you also need to be safe in your own home.

You are in my prayers, and I send you healing energy ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'm in a bit of a medical dilemma, and I thought I would post about it. I have been taking Gabapentin for a long time. I started having seizures, and it stopped them as soon as I started taking it.

My bottle says no "refills" and it always has. The doctor has to call it in every month. Well, I ran out on the 25th. I have called CVS, and my doctor's office, and still no text from CVS to tell me my prescription is ready.

I don't know what to do. I've called everyone involved, and still no medication. Tomorrow will be day 3, and I keep waiting on the seizures to start again. I really don't want that to happen.

For a medical person (she's a NP) to act like this and allow this to happen is wrong, just wrong!

So that's where my head has been all day. Not a good place to dwell.

Have a great evening all!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, you've called everyone involved--does that include the NP? I hope so, and I hope you pointed out that you really don't want any seizures. Seems to me it's quite possible that CVS has your prescription ready but hasn't sent you a message about it due to some slipup or other. Have you asked them to look around for it?

If you've ever watched people at pharmacy counters, they usually have umpteen little cubbyholes where people's rx's are waiting but there are always a few on a counter somewhere that may be there by accident or for some special reason. It's really easy for something to be overlooked.

Jeanie, to quote Sunshine, paramedics have seen everything. If they haven't, they soon will. I used to work in a hospital and every day I worked with patients who were undressed. Bodies are of all types and hardly any of them look like Playboy centerfolds.
    Last edited by agate; 07-28-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Yeah, I hope you're right about CVS not calling me. If not, then I want to know why the NP took me off it, and why wasn't I told earlier so I could avoid the sudden withdrawal symptoms, which the first one listed was a seizure. That's the reason I started taking Gabapentin for to begin with.

I can't sleep tonight. Gee, I wonder why?
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, call CVS again and choose “pharmacy” when prompted. Then the prompt to talk to someone. Just explain what is happening. And, that you are on it for seizures and have been out for four days now. And, call your clinician’s office and tell whoever you can that you have an urgent pharmacy problem with a seizure medication.

I don’t know why this keeps happening. It might be some kind of rule for dual-eligible situation. It makes no sense. I think SuzE-Q had some insight on how they are handling Gabapentin differently than other drugs.

I hope you can get this settled and some gabapentin in your system early today.

Best,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

GOOD NEWS! CVS just called me to say the doctor's office had just phoned it in, and they were getting it ready! You know, I didn't sleep last night for thinking and worrying about it, and going over what I should say to the doctor's office this morning.

I am SO relieved! I'll go get it from CVS in a little while, then probably sleep some. I'll try not to sleep until tonight because it messes up my sleep. We'll see.

All that worrying, for nothing!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-28-2020 at 05:21 AM.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Call your doctor’s office and insist that they order a three month supply each time. Even if its one of those drugs classified by FDA as “Controlled”. They can do that. I take a controlled medication , Ativan, and yet they are allowed to have the script read to fill it for three months and there is a six month limit. By then, you start to badger the office two weeks ahead of time to be sure it doesnt run out.

I might also start to look around for a diff doctor, unless you are stuck with them. A smaller office, not a corporate doctor.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I am on gabapentin and my Rx is for a year, but the pharmacy can only refill it once a month. I get an e-mail every month asking if I want it refilled. I always say yes even if I have some left. Saves having a mix up. Anyway, I don't like any of my prescriptions to wait until the last minute. It is too hard for me to keep up with them. I hope my Doctor doesn't change this. She wrote it for 90 pills per month with 11 refills.

Howie, so glad you got this straightened out. If your NP could give a Rx to CVS like mine and have it filled one month at the time, that would end your problems I think.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, sounds like your shingles are coming along real good. If they are already better that is a really good thing. I think I remember it being about 2 weeks for you. I wasn't even close in that time, so I think you are doing real good. I am just glad you are no worse off from being on the floor than you are. I know you are sore and hurting, but I keep thinking about broken bones and I am so glad that didn't happen.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

We are in a heat wave with humidity. Not MS friendly. Fortunately, there is not much to do in the garden but water and groom a little. The house has 27 windows and seven skylights. It can get real miserable in a heat wave. I creep around to stay out of the hottest parts. I am in the living room in AM and upstairs guest room in late afternoon. Peter is working from the dining room. I am grateful for the two AC’s we have which is about all this 1850’s house can handle.

We’ve been eating our own onions and garlic and beans and I just picked the first Hungarian wax pepper today. And we have had our Yellowfin and Sweet Dumpling squash and two cucumbers.

Update on Mr.Chip, our first ever chipmunk. He is definitely a male. I watched him lift his back leg to pee just like a dog. Or maybe he was scratching. And we have bunnies which I worry about. There are dogs in three nearby houses.

I also saw two mourning doves mate on my patio: preening, puffing, kisses and pecks and then a jump on her back and it was over. I looked it up and they nest 2-3 times each summer. I added safflower seed to my bird food for a healthy little dove family.

The birds remind me of Nuthatch.

Agate, I hope the protests are not affecting you. I think of you when I watch the news.

Keep cool. Peter says, “Hi.”
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 07-28-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast