Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: July chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I am surprised that the management of the place where you live did not have a charity come in and pick this ladies things up. Just having them thrown in a dumpster sounds rather harsh to me. They probably wanted to get her apartment emptied as quickly as possible so they could do whatever they need to do and get it rented.

I can't imagine someone calling you a b*tch just because she didn't get her way. It is a shame that people act like that sometime. I am sure you have some nice neighbors, but I guess you have to be careful about the ones you are friendly with because some people just are not nice at all. Sounds like the one who died was a very nice lady.

I am glad that experience is over for you. I hope you get rested this week.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Hi all! Just getting up. I can't seem to wake up very early these day, but what do I have to do anyway? Feed Sam, and watch TV.

Is anyone having trouble with the internet lately besides me? I can't get into my Outlook email, and I can't get YouTube to work correctly. At least I can get into here.

Everyone have a great day!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, if your YouTube problem is that after an ad it resets to the beginning instead of continuing it’s happening to me a lot lately. Very frustrating.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, I am surprised that the management of the place where you live did not have a charity come in and pick this ladies things up. Just having them thrown in a dumpster sounds rather harsh to me. They probably wanted to get her apartment emptied as quickly as possible so they could do whatever they need to do and get it rented.

I can't imagine someone calling you a b*tch just because she didn't get her way. It is a shame that people act like that sometime. I am sure you have some nice neighbors, but I guess you have to be careful about the ones you are friendly with because some people just are not nice at all. Sounds like the one who died was a very nice lady.

I am glad that experience is over for you. I hope you get rested this week.
    Yes, they were indeed in a hurry. One of them is about to go on vacation and needs to have the apartment rentable before leaving. I thought they'd at least try to have a charity pick the stuff up too but no. Nothing gets in the way of their vacation time.

The two people who worked on this project with me have been very nice and supportive. All three of us know that we did as good a job as possible and we worked on it in an organized way. With the COVID-19 restrictions, someone whose close relative dies far away can be out of luck when it comes to obtaining the keepsakes that person might want, but the daughter has a good memory for her mother's things, and with the help of photos sent by phone, she's been able to identify the things she wants.

When she finds out the cost of moving all of them, she might have second thoughts.

The woman who called me a b*tch did that at the top of her lungs and kept on screaming at me out in the hall without giving me a chance to say a word. Every time I tried to say something, she yelled louder.

One problem with these HUD apartment complexes may be that bullies can do a lot of damage. I saw it happening in the other HUD building I lived in, and it's happening here as well.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Agate —

So sorry about the verbal abuse and the entitled elevator bully.

You did a great job and should be proud of it.

ANN

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, can you tell me who the author of Winter Garden is? There are two on Amazon. One is by Kristin Hannah. Mom has read others by her. I want to send it as part of her 95 birthday next week.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) My SIL is doing much better and feeling like her old self. They finally removed the thickener in her fluids and she liked that.

I have one Valtrex left to take tonight and they are all gone. Blisters on my stomach and back have popped and now they hurt. Andy came and put ointment on but they hurt anyway. He also did my grocery shopping. If I have to I will get Andy to take me to the Urgent Care office for more medicine.

We may be able to do it with photos and no visit. I am tired of the pain. Needed to vent, thanks for being here. Jeanie :)

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

If you are still having problems accessing your email and YouTube or any other site, you should probably call your provider and ask a technician to help you over the phone. It could be your computer, but it's more likely your provider. I hope you can get it sorted out and working for you again.

agate ~

I'm so sorry that you were bullied and abused by this woman. I wonder what is going on with her to cause such an angry outburst. Lonely, bitter, perhaps mentally ill, or physically ill, in pain ... there could be many reasons. You did nothing to provoke her behavior. You certainly didn't deserve it. She's probably on the edge all of the time. I hope that will be your last encounter with her.

I agree with ANN, and we're all very proud of you.

How sad that your neighbor's belongings weren't given to charity.

Jeanie ~

Would it help to call your doctor and explain your situation, along with photos? If he doesn't want to extend the Valtrex, then what can he offer you to help you endure this pain and discomfort? That's his job, for goodness sake. Virginia has mentioned Gabapentin to help with the pain. Are you up to taking that? If so, then call your doctor and request a script for it. It saddens me to imagine your pain and suffering, and I want so much for you to find relief.

My prayers are with you all, and I send you healing, positive energy.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

agate ~

I'm so sorry that you were bullied and abused by this woman. I wonder what is going on with her to cause such an angry outburst. Lonely, bitter, perhaps mentally ill, or physically ill, in pain ... there could be many reasons. You did nothing to provoke her behavior. You certainly didn't deserve it. She's probably on the edge all of the time. I hope that will be your last encounter with her.
    She's been here for about 6 years and isn't likely to leave. It will be my last encounter with her if I can arrange it but she lives right down the hall, and to do laundry or take out trash I have to go past her door. She's always in and out of that door. It will be hard but I will try to avoid her.

She came and apologized after the incident, explaining that she has diabetes and it sometimes causes her to act like that.

Just wanting the encounter to end, I said nothing but I have diabetes and like to think I'm familiar with the problems it can create. I don't recall ever finding out that diabetes causes uncontrollable temper tantrums. Irritability, maybe, but not this kind of eruption.

For all these years we've got along. I never had a problem with her.

One problem with neighbors like her is that they go around telling their side of a story to everyone who comes along, and I never tell mine. It gives people a lopsided view of things but I don't want to get into the habit of relating my tale of woe, my gripes against this neighbor or that one, to other neighbors. That would be just gossip, and I figure that if I can't say something nice about someone, I shouldn't be saying anything. It keeps the peace.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Rose, I got everything back to normal today. And I installed Google Chrome which seemed to help a lot. It has been nice to have the computer back. Thanks for asking!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast