Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: July chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I am far from better. Andy came today with lunch and some expensive Shingles cream and put it on.

I have no appetite and I finally got some sleep last night. I also napped today. Today is the third day on Valtrex. Andy says it looks slightly better.

I skipped my exercises for two nights but did them last night. Going to bed early tonight. Jeanie :)

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jeanie ~

I'm glad to hear that you are getting some rest and sleep despite the pain. I pray that the new Shingles cream will bring you some relief. It may take time for that and the Valtrex to be effective.

"Slightly better" beats "the same" or "worse." So, we'll take that and hold tight onto it. May you continue to improve. You are in my prayers, and I'm sending you healing energy.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I was hoping to hear from Jeanie today, but maybe tomorrow.

Where are you Howie?
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

You mean someone asked about Howie! I'm doing fine Virginia. I don't know if I mentioned it, but the Cruiser almost quit running the other day coming back from the store. I wasn't sure it would make it home.

But today I was in need of a few items, and said to myself, "Well, I may make it home, or I may have to go thru calling a tow truck, and taking it to a shop, and all that!"

Well, it ran as smooth as silk, to and from! What the........ I don't know what changed, but I'll take it. I did get gas at a different place from where I usually buy gas is the only thing I can think of, but I know where NOT to buy gas from now on.

So I made it home, and doing the usual, watching TV, and rubbing on Sam.

Thanks for asking Virginia. You know, being the only male on a forum for a disease that affects mostly women, and of course everyone is married, is a lonely place to be. But I come here and read every day, actually several times a day. I'm here, and I care!
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, you might be our "token male" but that's why we love you and worry about you so much.

No one else is coming on right now. Hope to hear from Jeanie today.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I'm here....as usual. I'm trying to talk myself into going to the mailbox, and mail a bill that I got yesterday. I had already sent them a check, but forgot to sign it! DOH!

So they sent it back, telling me to sign it. I have all day to get it in the mailbox. The postal person has already come today.

The biggest holdup is it's so hot out today. I'm cool in here, and I don't want to go out in that heat. Even Sam stays here in the cool! She's a cool cat.
    "The Purest Blue".

Love and Rockets

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now I'm almost feeling sorry for you, Howie. However, there are occasional males besides you on here. I can think of at least two right now, and then there's Tom Cat, who may get around to registering here one of these days. Maybe he's a bit shy about registering here since he doesn't have MS. I'm just guessing though. Or maybe he's too much of an outdoor person to have much patience with computers and the Internet.

The way I see it, we need all of the friends we can get here.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Howie you are important to us. So is Sam.

It is nice to have the board concerned for me when I feel bad. I am on the 5th day of the Valtrex. My back looks better. My stomach and rib cage still have blisters and pain. I called my doctor this morning and offered to have Andy send him photos but he said he would not give me any more Valtrex that he is sure the ones I have will do the trick.

At least with my back better I can sleep. I sure hop[e he is right. I mentioned my immune system and my MS but he did not change his mind. It is embarassing to have to have your son put ointment under your breast. There is not a lot of dignity in old age.

I received my mail in ballot yesterday. It feels like I have been in the house forever. This pandemic is going to last a long time. Stay safe everyone. Jeanie :)

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

You are important to all of us, and we love you. You know that. That's why we cluck around you sometimes. And, of course, who wouldn't love Sam? We know she's the Boss of You.

Not everyone here is married, so please don't feel like you're the only one alone. I'm just beginning to learn to adjust to being alone. With the help of our family here, I am coping better and don't feel as alone.

I'm glad that your Cruiser ran smoothly. I drove my van for the first time in a month, after John made sure the tires were all well inflated, and I was pleased with her performance. We need to take her down the road to get the tire repaired, so we can take the spare off and put it back on. I may need a new tire, but it's worth it to be safe.

Did you check out the site I gave you? The channel Jim watched is Motor Trend. Lots of different shows on it about vehicle fabrication:

https://watch.motortrend.com/tv-shows/

I recommend putting your mail out in the morning, especially if it contains a check. Mail fraud, according to the USPS, is at an all time high during COVID-19. Also, it should be cooler in the morning.

Jeanie~

Any improvement is good. What is the duration for the Valtrex? Do you think that the new cream is helping? Are you taking anything for pain?

I understand how you feel about Andy applying the cream. Perhaps if you think of it this way ~ there is dignity in caring for your loved one, and dignity in receiving your loved one's care. Andy loves you, and he wants to help you any way that he can. You love him and appreciate all that he does for you. Without his help, where would you be? There is nothing undignified about needing or asking for help.

The people, who love us, want to help us. They are happy, when we ask them for help. John has often said to us, "It makes me feel good to help you. I am rewarded knowing that your life was a little easier, because I was there to help you."

The ballot you received is for what upcoming election? And, I'm glad you have a mail in ballot. We all should have one. I mean ALL of us.

Healing prayers on the way for you. May you sleep well tonight.

Prayers, extra ((((((HUGS)))))), and love to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeanie, I'm so glad you're having at least a little relief, and I'm betting that Andy doesn't mind applying that cream at all but I know how you feel. Aging often means losing a lot of dignity--and people who treat us as if we're not right in the head don't help either, but I hope you haven't run into any people like that.

My brief adventure into my neighbor's apartment for the purposes of sorting out her things and putting the ones that the family didn't want on exhibit for an open house (by appointment only, one person at a time, residents only) is over, and I'm so very glad it's behind me.

Many people were delighted to find things they were pleased by, and many things left that apartment in the last few days. Luckily she had already donated her car to an organization, and so that wasn't involved. She did that only very recently--still hoping to drive while she was up in her 90s. In fact, still driving till a few years ago.

In the process one neighbor came to my door and screamed at me, calling me a b*tch without giving me a chance to explain (all because she had her heart set on the sofa). Another neighbor literally kicked me off the elevator. When it stopped at the floor where she'd been waiting, with me on it (in my wheelchair), she just announced, "You'll have to get off. I've waited too long."

The new rules allow only one person at a time on the elevator, and so there can be long waits--15 minutes isn't unusual. But I obligingly rolled off the elevator so she could get on and waited quite a while to get it back but at least I could sit in the chair and wait.

There are good reasons why I keep neighbors at a safe distance as a rule....

But the whole thing was worth it for the people who seemed to enjoy having this opportunity to find some things they wanted or needed. Like the Ukrainian man who swept the closet almost clear of clothes and said he was sending them to his sister in the Ukraine. The next day I saw him pushing the handcart which he had loaded with 3 large cartons. He said he was on his way to the post office so he could send them to the Ukraine.

Or the woman whose microwave was on its last legs and spoke up for this woman's microwave. It happened to be an especially good microwave, according to the woman's helper, who had used it while working for her, and so there was joy there as this woman carted it away, balancing it precariously on top of her rather flimsy shopping cart.

The woman who died had not only had 3 children (one is now dead)--she had worked as a building manager and had training as a CNA. She was one neat lady, and her apartment was clean and neat. She just had accumulated too many things over the years, more than these small apartments are meant to hold.

Today the managers must have got hold of a dumpster and had all that was left carted off because a dumpster with her remaining things is sitting in the parking lot this evening, as a neighbor pointed out to me. I hadn't known that this was being done today. I had thought they were going to have a charity do a pickup so that someone could use the remaining things but no.

I didn't want to look at that dumpster. I just went out to verify that it was really there but couldn't bring myself to cross the parking lot to take a close look. It was too hot for that anyway, but seeing her things just piled up there like trash was painful. I've discussed her things on the phone at some length with her daughter, who has a keen interest in many specific things, and by now I feel thoroughly acquainted with them.

Looking at them piled up in that dumpster, which is much too big a container for such a small amount, is too much like being at her funeral. She didn't have a funeral. She was cremated, and wanted her remains scattered in the ocean.

She's at peace now, and at least most of her things have found new homes among people who knew her.
    Last edited by agate; 07-16-2020 at 07:14 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast